The Flash (possible Spoilers)

Started by Midnite, May 15, 2014, 05:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeyNyce

Good episode and of course it's the beginning of a bigger story which I think will either end the first season or start off the second season
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

catwhowalksbyhimself

Cold will be back at least one more time this season, plus Pied Piper coming up next, so it should be fun.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Some BIG things snuck in here about Wells this episode

Spoiler

He has super speed and is seen using it will out of costume.
His powers are unstable.  Specifically, his connection to the Speed Force is unstable.  Yes, the Speed Force was mentioned by name!
The tachyon device is the only thing stabilizing his speed, and only just barely--but he has something else up his sleeve. 
I'm wondering if all this was so that he could steal Barry's speed.

JeyNyce

If what you said is true....

Spoiler
Then how does that work with them going back in time??

HarryTrotter

Wasnt that Royal Flush gang in the intro?I thought they already appeared on Arrow,kinda different?
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

JeyNyce

There's always a family or gang that takes up the mantle of The Royal Flush gang

HarryTrotter

Thats what I thought,too.
So,what do you guys think about Felicity and Ray coming to Flash?
Jon Farmer

thalaw2

I can't wait to see the ATOM.  I wish they would stop teasing.

Spoiler
Where did Feli get a quantum processor?
革命不会被电视转播

HarryTrotter

From Flash facebook page: Marvel may have Spiderman in 2017,but we have FIRESTORM tonight!
Jon Farmer

HarryTrotter

From Flash facebook page: Marvel may have Spiderman in 2017,but we have FIRESTORM tonight!
Jon Farmer

catwhowalksbyhimself

For some crazy reason I was thinking this show started at 9 and missed it completely.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I have to either shell out 5 bucks for Hulu subscription or remain several weeks behind for the entire rest of the season.

Can I scream again?

spydermann93

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on February 11, 2015, 02:09:09 AM
For some crazy reason I was thinking this show started at 9 and missed it completely.

Now I have to either shell out 5 bucks for Hulu subscription or remain several weeks behind for the entire rest of the season.

Can I scream again?

They'll have the episode up on CWTV.com, tomorrow :)

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: spydermann93 on February 11, 2015, 04:00:59 AM
Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on February 11, 2015, 02:09:09 AM

Can I scream again?

So why make Hulu wait a week.  Oh well, if I can watch it there, I will, and will be ever so grateful.

I'm still cranky about forgetting the time like that.

HarryTrotter

I think the lighting chose you,Barry.It makes sense now.
Iris is a witch with a capital B,btw.
Jon Farmer

thalaw2

Quote from: Spade on February 12, 2015, 06:33:22 AM
I think the lighting chose you,Barry.It makes sense now.
Iris is a witch with a capital B,btw.

No.  That's just how women are about these kinds of things. 

Does thinking of dead puppies really help with...stamina?
革命不会被电视转播

HarryTrotter

Or at least on CW,they are.
And that Ciskos joke wasnt that funny...btw Barry can vibrate any part of his body?Think about that...
Jon Farmer

JeyNyce

Quote from: Spade on February 12, 2015, 12:15:09 PM
And that Ciskos joke wasnt that funny...btw Barry can vibrate any part of his body?Think about that...

Whoa!

BWPS

Quote from: Spade on February 12, 2015, 12:15:09 PM

Oh I'm thinking about it Spade. On those cold lonely nights it's all I can think about ;)
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

HarryTrotter

Too much info,dude...
Anyway Grodd appearing,how about that? :)
Jon Farmer

Silver Shocker

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on February 11, 2015, 04:22:17 AM

So why make Hulu wait a week.  Oh well, if I can watch it there, I will, and will be ever so grateful.

If it's anything like the Canadian equivalent, which I use for shows quite often (Constantine and CSI, usually) it'll only be on for a week or two. The Hulu version, I assume (if it's anything like Netflix, or the new Canadian Bell service "Crave") will have the episodes for much longer (since, you know, you have to pay for them)

I will say that while I won't call Iris a bad word, she is following in the footsteps of Lana Lang and Laurel Lance in being less appealing than other love interests in the show. Only two episodes in I already think Barry and Linda make a cute couple. Even if it is a little weird that Barry's putting the moves on Wally's longtime love interest.

Incidentally that song Caitlain made Barry sing at Karaoke was stuck in my head for a like a week.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

thalaw2

It might be worth investing in a VPN so that you can login to countries that get shows less than 24 hours after they premiere on American TV.  I usually watch Flash the morning after an episode aired in the US, because it's up on Chinese versions of Hulu. Yes it is HD.
革命不会被电视转播

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Silver Shocker on February 14, 2015, 01:31:34 PM
Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on February 11, 2015, 04:22:17 AM

If it's anything like the Canadian equivalent, which I use for shows quite often (Constantine and CSI, usually) it'll only be on for a week or two. The Hulu version, I assume (if it's anything like Netflix, or the new Canadian Bell service "Crave") will have the episodes for much longer (since, you know, you have to pay for them)

I will say that while I won't call Iris a bad word, she is following in the footsteps of Lana Lang and Laurel Lance in being less appealing than other love interests in the show. Only two episodes in I already think Barry and Linda make a cute couple. Even if it is a little weird that Barry's putting the moves on Wally's longtime love interest.

Incidentally that song Caitlain made Barry sing at Karaoke was stuck in my head for a like a week.
Nah, if I paid for Hulu, I could watch it the day after.  It's us free people that have to wait a week.

But if you pay nothing and watch it on wb.com instead, its available the next day.

It's like wb is intentionally sabotaging Hulu or something.

HarryTrotter

None of those work in my country,so you shouldnt really complain. XD
Jon Farmer

catwhowalksbyhimself

Turns out that picture of Firestorm in costume, wasn't actually a costume.  It was just Ronny with a device attached to his jacket that lets him control the merging/separating.  We haven't seen the actual Firestorm costume yet.

Any, this ends the two-part Firestorm focused episode and I did enjoy it.

Also, more Grodd.  Furthermore, they are doing Grodd exactly how I was hoping they would.

Spoiler
Grodd does indeed talk, but only telepathically. That to me is a good way to do it.

thalaw2

That was more awesomeness.  It was so good that I wish I was 10 years in the future so I could keep watching back to back episodes.  Firestorm is really done well.  I don't expect a spinoff, but some appearances in Arrow would be cool.
革命不会被电视转播

HarryTrotter

Grodd is a little too much in CGI,if you catch my drift...
Jon Farmer

JeyNyce

Grodd is going to be a big issue in the series.  They keep mentioning him or dropping hints about all through the season.  I hope they keep him around and let him appear every once in a while.

catwhowalksbyhimself

He did appear in this episode and even spoke.  Plus we find out that
Spoiler
He is apparently working with the Reverse Flash.

Glitch Girl

Never thought I'd live to see the day.

Spoiler
Firestorm, Reverse Flash, AND Grodd all in the same episode...  In LIVE ACTION no less... 
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

catwhowalksbyhimself

Interesting trivia--the actor who plays Ronnie is the cousin of the one who plays Oliver Queen in Arrow.