News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Meejub's March Madness!!

Started by MJB, February 20, 2014, 09:51:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJB

I have decided that March will be the first time I've done daily drawings! March has 31 days so I'm going to draw 14 heroes from Marvel/DC, 14 villains from DC/Marvel, 2 Image characters & 1 of my own.

What I need from all my geeky friends are suggestions. I have a few characters that I'm going to draw no matter what but I'm totally up for suggestions.

Once March begins I will post my drawings daily on Facebook, Twitter & my Deviantart account.

Thank you for your time!

-Meejub

Reepicheep

Sounds like March is going to be awesome, Meej! Looking forward to seeing what you do!

MJB

Glitch Girl

What is your Twitter account so I can follow closer?

And I wanna see your take on my favorite X-man, Nightcrawler :)
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

spydermann93

I'm really excited to see more of your drawings, MJB.

I was just browsing your deviant art page, and I have to say that I am really enjoying your artwork.

Ephemeris

I'm looking forward to seeing some new art from you. 

I'd like to suggest my favorite villain...Apocalypse.

DrMike2000

I've had a browse through your deviant art account, MJB. You've got a great chunky cartoony style there.

I'd suggest either the Thing and the Torch (flamed on) from the FF (or both). They're very interesting textured characters, and fun to try and capture without going all high detail.
Stranger Than Fiction:
The Strangers, Tales of the Navigator and Freedom Force X
www.fundamentzero.com

MJB

Thanks for the reply's! I've been producing quite a bit of art over the past year but sadly my PC died on me over a year ago now. Without a stable PC scanning/editing my boards is quite a hassle on this little lap top. :(  I have like 20(!) covers drawn & some miscellaneous sketches laying around.

Doing this drawing project is my way of putting something out on the interwebs to share.

GG: My twitter is @Meejub :mjb: I don't tweet normally so this will be all new to me.

Uncle Yuan

This should be cool!  As for a suggestion, if you're going to do some Image characters I'd like to see your take on Monster Girl.  I also think you'd do an excellent Hellboy if you ever feel the urge to deviate from your plan.
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

Thunder

I'll add my favorites to the mix.  Hawkman, Captain America, Savage Dragon, the Shadow.  There's a group for ya.   :lou

MJB

It has begun...

Links are in my sig.

I may put a few up here from time to time. I don't really have a reliable image hosting solution currently.

MJB

Thank you for the comment, Komm! I can say with honesty that at lease one of your suggestions made the final cut. Thank you HEAPS for following me.

MJB

Testing out this Imageshack account again...

Here's my drawing for day 3: Venom

ShortFuse

spydermann93

Oh, man! These are really neat, MJB! :thumbup:

MJB

Thanks again guys! Really means a lot to me to get comments. :mjb:

Day #5: Silver Surfer

Reminder: If you want to see the inks for any of these or keep up with my daily posts check out my Facebook or DeviantArt pages. Links are in my sig.

Reepicheep

ShortFuse

Herald of Galactus! Great job.

daglob

DrMike2000

Yeah, that's a great composition for the Surfer image there.
I like both the 2D shapes made by the board and its wake and his arms, and the way you've assembled him out of layers - head, shoulders and arms, then legs. Really cool.
Stranger Than Fiction:
www.fundamentzero.com

Cyber Burn

I always enjoy checking out the artwork of our members, between their deviant art accounts, and other websites, it's always a pleasure for me. I really appreciate that you guys want to share your work with us. Thank you.

MJB

MJB

Day 8: Steel! I really liked his debut look. Had fun drawing it.

Reepicheep

Both Steel and Beta Ray Bill look great, Meej!

I'm glad to see March has been a success so far. :)

MJB

DrMike2000

I had a look through your deviantArt gallery at work again today.

I missed Aquaman! And my favourite incarnation of Aquaman too! Awesome.
He got me thinking about your use of colour - adding the two-tone blue background really set off his colour scheme to give the whole piece a fresh nautical look that it doesn't have on its own. I've got really interested in colour in the past couple of years, after being a hardcore black-and-white 2000AD reading Brit most of my life. A limited colour pallette can really define a character or a scene, and I see a lot of that in your work. The characters typically have their own colour scheme already but things like Aquaman's background or the dab of red on the sun in the Surfer image really set them off.

You may not draw like Bryan Hitch (and I don't think you should, by the way) but you're firing on all cylinders in other ways, like colour and composition.
Stranger Than Fiction:
www.fundamentzero.com

Reepicheep

Lou always looks fantastic! So adorable when he's angry.

MJB

DrMike: My mom says I draw JUST like Bryan Hitch, thank you very much!! ( :P ) Thank you for your post.

Reep: I missed drawing that red guy. Been a while.

Here's today's drawing cross posted for anyone who missed it on my Facebook/DeviantArt/Twitter...

spydermann93

Haha! Lou and Composite Superman are very nice surprises! :thumbup:

Thunder

I've been enjoying this project Meej.  I'm happy to aee the Savage Dragon!