News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

X-Men page updates

Started by SickAlice, February 10, 2014, 03:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SickAlice

Hope the multiple page threads aren't getting annoying. They serve as stubs for when I start dropping bulk works on the individual pages. That stated here's what's new:

Broo is an amended of Franklin Richards by Ren and male_suit_v2 by Gren. I took the suit mesh and modified that, removing the head and tweaking the feet and hands so slightly. All of that got imported into Franklin then all of the Franklin deleted. He was then re-sized to make him nice and little compared to most young meshes. A final tweak was done to the keyframes to give Broo an acrobatic style run. There's a minor glitch in one of the fingers but not enough to stick out in game and he would love a more proper skin (in addition to more homework of course, one can never have enough). Notes: For a good gaff try taking the skin of some other male and imposing the face from that skin on Broo.

Shark-Girl is a female basic effects mesh (making it convenient to add swimmer keyframes to) with slight modification to the hands to give the appearance of webbing, with the claws and neckpiece from Ink's Catwoman skoped over. I made and attached the rest of the geometry.

Sprite is INKs Batgirl teen's body with modifications to the shoes put into INK's Wasp mesh which included animations by Halfscan. I added some new hair and a school uniform, partly comprised of a tweeked Sailor Moon skirt. I also made some new big hands which are on the alpha channel. This is so a different form can be made in FFX to represent Sprites stat/strength changes.

Kid Gladiator is Rens Gladiator with Beyonders male teen tall brought in and then I futzed with the whole thing until I felt it
looked like Kubark. I added some new geometry though it wasn't in need of much other than a new mohawk and some suit pieces.

Used FFValkerie by Valander for Warbird. The Valkerie has been removed and Gren's female body brought in. I sculpted and skinned the remainder leaving the swords as they are a close enough match. Normally I think this character holsters her swords at the sides, but the mesh rarely hangs them up during animations so I hope it isn't too much of a bother.

Eye-boy is based in Bullseye by Gren. I removed all of the physical data on this mesh. I brought in a teen body, a remodeled Gren suit, hair, eyes, and a new gun modeled from Gren's Cable. I added new skins and animated skins for the eyes and re-sized the entire thing.

For Nature Girl I mainly recycled most of the parts and body from Sprite. I added a new skin, modified bobcut hair and antlers sculpted from trees. I then shrunk it to scale.

A small skope I tried releasing previously. The Phoenix Force is Inks mesh scaled up in size, with everything but the Phoenix Force and FX removed. New skin by me. Gren's wonderful animations have been edited so that they only pertain to the Phoenix Force. I removed any without it, and any that caused the Phoenix to blip in and out. This left it with only the hover animations. Melee attacks don't seem to work in game.

Ruby Summers is originally Cyclops Jim Lee by Ink. I removed all parts of the mesh except the hidden sunglasses. I brought in one of Ewzzy's/Lord Ehmsidy's crymsin females, then made new parts for Ruby's look and a skin. Gwen Stefani unwillingly borrowed her face for the skin.

Fantomex is on the ever wonderful Judge Dredd by TJ. I deleted the extras, body and bikes. I made E.V.A. and put her in place of bikes and added an additional spacecraft sized mesh. I replaced the bat with a generic weapon (looks like a shock stick or something, Fantomex doesn't use a hand weapon but I didn't feel like deleting the animations). Made Fantomex Basic from male basic. The jacket from Ink's Gambit. I reassigned the texture mapping. Now all of the parts are separate as the faces, so one can texture the front, back and insides of the jacket separately. This should be useful to skinners and skopers. I made Fantomex's costume parts borrowing the usual pouch about for the belt. I then rewrote the keyframes as to include the spaceship sized E.V.A. in a second fly animation. A seperate spacecraft sized E.V.A. is also included so one can use it as a vehicle or independent character. This was on Hovertank1 (by Val I think?). I deleted the entire Hovertank and replaced it with E.V.A. only as I was after the hovertanks animations. The following skins are included for Fantomex: Classic as standard, X-Force, X-Force no jacket, Fantomex MAX and Dark Fantomex.

Cluster is on Ink's Hush, and the body began as Ewzzy's/Lord Crymsin's female crymsin. I sculpted the body to resemble Cluster as I did with Fantomex, then imported it into Hush deleted everything that was there originally. I then brought in the remapped jacket from Ink's Gambit and the gun from Tj's Dredd. Finally I added a ponytail and costume bits. Cluster includes an X-Force skin and a no jacket variant of that.

X-Force Psylocke is on Ink's Psylocke Jim Lee. I brought in the aforementioned remapped Ink's Gambit jacket. I then adjusted and weighted it to female bald. I added a second head with a ninja mask shape. I added costume bits and brought in a sash from Ink's Rogue. The jacket should come in handy for skopers as well I made a square X-emblem buckle that should suit many needs. Skins included are X-Force as standard, Marvel Now, Lady Fantomex and a no jacket/no mask version of that. As a bonus I tossed in an Age Of Apocalypse Psylocke since I wanted to skin it for some time and have the ninja mask now. In the comics while Lady Fantomex Betsy is often seen using a handgun and in the Marvel Now adjectless X-Men she displays the ability to form a psionic crossbow, something she said she recently learned. I added new weapons and animations to represent those via Ink's Huntress. There's also a psionic staff added as the bo came along with the keyframes and I figured why not keep it.

Dr.Nemesis is Gren's Punisher. I gave it a new body which is male suit. I changed the portions of male suit to more closely match male basic. Originally that's a real scrawny mesh meant to look like classic Lex Luthor. James isn't as buff as Steve Rogers, but he's been running around since WW2 with Roger's and is in good shape. I'm proud to present the body as well as it gives the community a decent suit mesh to skope onto basic male meshes. I removed the costume bits and left the weapons, replacing only one uzi with a custom made needle gun for Dr.Nemesis. I figured he should have his signature weapon but also uses military standard firearms so he should keep some as well. To compensate I removed any two gun animations as they would be pointless now.

Emplate was Beetle by Gren. I removed all of the geometry and I brought in a male basic with an altered face. Then I welded JP's fingered hands to that mesh (I'd already made the face so I needed to workaround as such), and changed the fingers to be elongated with claws. Then I put the leech mouths on his palms to finalize the Emplate basic. I brought in a version of Ink's Gambit jacket that I previously had changed the texture assignment of and molded the back a little. Lastly I made the extras and added a teleport animation and a melee one to simulate the drain effect.

Emplate comes packed with D.O.A.. D.O.A was put together using a weighted and deformed mesh I made called male_basic_kid which is based in Afghan Ant's Supergirl 1 Million mesh. For D.O.A I then took a sculpted version of Ink's Joker and weighted it to the same, then added his bits.

Penance is on Ink's Cheetah. I removed all geometry from the nif and brought in one of Ink's teens. I then altered that body, first moving a few verts as Ink's teens don't tend to play well with his adult female balds, then I welded JP's fingered hands on. I stretched the fingers and pulled claws out of them. I then recycled my Emplate hair and changed the shape to match Penance. I wrapped it up by adding some buckles, ears and putting a handle in the nif to shrink it a little. For the keys I swapped in a burrow animation.

I cobbled up the Marvel NOW! Iceman pack to try and represent his current look and powerset. Iceman himself is on Iceman X by INK/Bobby69. I removed the body and fur and made and added a new body as well as an additional Ice Clone body. I added a second idle and burrow animations (for his reconstitution/teleport) to the keyframes. His Ice-Hulks are on Juggernaut by Gren. I removed the body and extras and made a new body. Bobby's Ice-Giants are on Giant-Man by Gren. Here again I removed the body and extras and made a new body.

Uncanny Avengers Rogue is on Xenith by Gren. I turned the heels into boots on the body and deleted all of the extras except the cape. I then made new parts with the exception of a couple from INK's females and put them in and added FX. There are several hidden parts making this a versatile mesh. This is also a hairstyles mesh and includes a few new ones for skopers. I then switched the idle animations. Skins include Uncanny Avengers as the standard and three variants being a hood down version, an Ionic version and one based on issue #14.

I also added a skin pack for this one. The pack includes Rogue's Jim Lee, Savage Land, Supernovas, Shiar, Age Of Apocalypse, House Of M, Age Of X, Revolution, Utopia, AVX, Mutant X and Forget Me Not looks.

Danger is based in Gren's Black Canary. I removed all of the extras from the mesh and extracted the body and used that to make two new ones, an inner body and exoskeleton. I then sculpted and added the rest. I changed the keys to the ones from Gren's Magique then altered the keys giving her a morphing gun for one animation. The reason I was so reserved there was it was the only ranged that she didn't open her hand. Mainly I wanted the look of the character and figured her powers would be better emulated by FX. I also copied the idle and used it for a new melee_idle but kept the original as #2 since Danger typically doesn't assume the Irish fighter stance and added some flight wings to the flying anim. Known bugs: Small vertice drag on the thumb tip.

Grizzly is Gren's Bishop with parts from his Cable, claws from INK's Sabretooth and parts from myself added.

Xtreme X-Men James Howlett is on Wolverine Brown by Ren. I added a jacket from INK's Gambit that I rebuilt previously as well as some more costume parts and hair. The mustache began as Gren's Hercules's beard as a hat tip to the comics. I deleted any other parts that weren't in use to free up texture space. It could use a better skinning.

Black Vortex Kitty Pryde is Shadowcat Yellow by INK. I removed all the extras, sculpted the hair and added new eyes and a central point. The effect on this is experimental, looks pretty odd in CTool but it's fun in game especially if you give her the Phase attribute.

Sugar Man was made by imposing a model from X-Men Legends II into a very deformed version of Texas Jack's Toad, choice due to the tongue animation. It looks pretty goofy during certain animations due to the weird shaped mesh. The end pose of the 6th melee would be optimal for an Idle though I've no idea where the full version of it is? There's also a flaw in the model whereas it will glow white in game with some video cards if the shadows are on. The only resolve that I know to this is to turn them off though chances are if your card does this it glitches in other parts of the game and you don't want to go over the Blob setting anyways.

They can found on my X-Men page here (near the bottom):
http://catman.freedomforceforever.com/pages/xmen.html

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

SickAlice

Thanks Podmark. Added Shark-Girl, Sprite and Kid Gladiator.

windblown

Cool! I especially like Kid Gladiator!

SickAlice

Thanks, and for the props you sent my way in the other release threads. Your works have been fantastic as well. Though pretty much credit for Kubark goes elsewhere, I didn't have to add much. He wasn't on the request line, but I re-read the WATXM annual while researching those and had to make a Kid Gladiator since he may be as awesome as he claims to be.

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

SickAlice

Thanks Podmark.

Added Warbird.

SickAlice

ELECTR0

Starman

SickAlice

Thanks Electro and Starman.

Added Nature Girl.

SickAlice

Added The Phoenix Force.

spydermann93

BentonGrey

Wow, what a neat looking batch of skopes and skins! :)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

SickAlice

Added Ruby Summers, Fantomex, Cluster, X-Force Psylocke, Emplate & D.O.A., Dr.Nemesis and Penance

daglob

Podmark

Those are some cool X-Men meshes! Fantomex stands out the most for me, but Dr. Nemesis sounds useful.

I really like how you explain how you made each of these. Very interesting.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Starman

Wow, I'm loving Phantomex and Emplate!  :thumbup:

SickAlice

spydermann93

Cyber Burn

I have to say, when Blender first started being discussed, I never thought that it could be used to go to the level that you have been reaching. I am absolutely blown away with each and every new Character that you release.

SickAlice

Thanks for the big props. That one was brought on by the sudden blizzard we got hit with here of course.

SickAlice

Added Uncanny Avengers Rogue and Uncanny Avengers Rogue skin pack.

spydermann93

SickAlice is clearly a Mesh/Skin Factory.

No human could pump this much awesome stuff out so quickly!

Cyber Burn

More Rogue's!!!

My absolute favorite female X-Men Character!!!

I love it!!!

Quote from: spydermann93 on November 07, 2014, 04:50:12 AM
SickAlice is clearly a Mesh/Skin Factory.

No human could pump this much awesome stuff out so quickly!

100% agreed!!!

SickAlice

Welcome. I've wanted to give her a second go for awhile.
There are a few more pieces than I took advantage of in the skins for anyone to use. Namely the ones not shown are a pair of sunglasses, a trench extension for the jacket, long jacket sleeves, cowgirl boots, heeled feet (one would alpha out the normal ones and put those in place) and pants (courtesy of INK's Dazzler). I had planned her X-Treme, Salvage (from X-Men Legacy) and a casual look but never got to it. She also has Gambit's playing cards stuck in there. This is a nif that resizes when different keyframes are brought in though so I couldn't figure out how to make use of those.

laughing paradox

This is a great output of work, SickAlice! I'm a fan!

SickAlice

Thanks LP. Sorry for the delayed response, up to my ears in it (my hobbies and snow that is).

Added Danger.

El1jahSnowFan

Oh, my gosh! Thanks so much for this -- I never thought we'd see Danger in-game!

SickAlice

Totes thanks, I put a bit of stress into that one and lost sleep. Keys still not work (not my strong suit) but at least it's a place to start.

Added Grizzly.