News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

The site has been hacked

Started by deano_ue, December 09, 2013, 12:52:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deano_ue

Ok guys not sure who's seeing this but the main entry page seems to have been hacked by some random group. The boards seem to be ok you can get to them directly but I'm not sure everyone knows this.

Just be carefully and scan your computers just to be safe.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Best I can tell, it's a hacking group that hacks sites as a pranks.  Best I can tell, they don't seem to do much in the way of damaging things or putting in viruses, but I can't be 100% sure of that. 

EDIT:  I just peeked at the source.  Unless I missed something, it's a completely harmless webpage.  I can find no sign of any malicious code.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Glitch Girl

aaaaand I removed it.  Gonna see about changing our passwords as soon as I'm done here.

The good news is, they didn't delete anything, they just added their own replacement index page.  Easily fixed.

-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

catwhowalksbyhimself

Yeah, I checked them out--their replacement index contained multiple twitter accounts and handles after all--and they appear to be more mischeivous then malicious.  Annoying, but ultimately harmless.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

BentonGrey

Gah!  Well, at least they don't seem to have done any real harm.  What's the point of that kind of thing?  Ohh well.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

XStream

From what I could see on their Twitter page they just do it to prove they can. Even when they lock people out they set the username to Admin and password to their sites name.

From what I could see they just keep moving. Seems pointless.
I am not, nor have I ever been a Rude Naked Hero!

Glitch Girl

I'm just glad it wasn't a destructive hack.  This was something I could fix myself.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka