Arrow (Green Arrow) TV series

Started by Midnite, March 20, 2012, 05:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glitch Girl

Spoiler

In my headcanon, Nissa stole the body and took it to the nearest Lazarus Pit.

That said, I like it. 

And I'm surprised no one has mentioned the boxing glove arrow in the latest episode.  I got a giggle out of that.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Silver Shocker

"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

Starman

I understand the necessity for Wildcat to be a young, handsome dude (since this is a CW show) but yeah, I really would have preferred it if he was at least in his 40s though. There's nothing wrong with Laurel having a older love interest.

I'm interested to see how they do Dr Midnight, considering he actually did have a romantic history with Black Canary in the comics.

GhostMachine

I hope they give Arsenal more weapons, or the name doesn't really make sense. Glad he at least has some hand to hand weapons, unlike Arrow. Using the bow in hand to hand is NOT a good idea.

Do not like Laurel training as a boxer, if its leading up to the obvious... (Spoiler below about something that hasn't happened yet, but can be seen coming a mile away)

Spoiler
If Laurel is going to be the new Canary - and if you're reading this, you probably don't care that there are already pictures out of her in costume (Don't like her mask) - then Boxing is a lousy choice for her to use in combat, considering the type of enemies Team Arrow faces. Its actually a lousy choice for a crimefighter, period, if they're only trained in one style. I hope Oliver and/or Roy start training her. Wouldn't want to see her face a League of Assassins member as a boxer....

BWPS

I love everything about the show but I'd really prefer less close combat, and more shooting of arrows. Granted it ends the fights too quickly so I understand the reasoning but I just love seeing people get shot with arrows even if it is just in the arm or leg. Maybe he could have some kind of arrow that's like a boxing glove but not actually.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

GhostMachine

I'm just glad we actually did get a boxing glove arrow already. If you count sticking a boxing glove on the end of an arrow a boxing glove arrow.....

He could use some sort of impact arrows with a non-lethal material that stuns the target like rubber bullets for the tip as an alternative.

bat1987

Ok so mid season finale
Spoiler

Last fight is what made this episode for me. Didn't like Ra's when I first saw him earlier this season, but he really had a presence here. I guess Ollie will take a trip to a Lazarus Pit since they obviously exist here (Ra's did say he wasn't challenged for 67 years), and there really isn't any other way to recover from all that. Laurel not telling her father about Sarah is getting tiring at this point. I get why she is doing that but still. Also thought it was kinda cheap that Thea was brain washed into killing Sarah. Would have been much more intriguing if she did it because Merlyn convinced her it was the right thing to do. Oh ya, Ray Palmer also showed the ATOM concept to Felicity (her reaction to helping him was hilarious).
They packed quite a lot of stuff here all in all. While I thought Flash mid season finale was better, this was still really good and looking forward to January ofc.

abenavides

I agree that Ra's was a lot cooler in this episode. Hadn't been crazy about the actor , but think he's doing well with the role now.
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

Podmark

Really enjoyed the last two episodes. Been a pretty strong season all around.
Flash crossover was a lot of fun. As for the finale:
Spoiler

I'd actually called Thea being the killer from the beginning, but I didn't see the brainwashing twist coming. On one hand that's a good move, keeps Thea viable as a good guy, but it would have been more dramatic if she had done it willingly and Malcolm could have been less obviously using her.

I agree a trip to a Lazarus pit is coming. I figure Nyssa or Malcolm will be responsible for saving him.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

HarryTrotter

Well,Laurel becoming Black Canary isnt something im looking forward to.
Not sure if somebody commented this already,but Ras mentions he hasnt been challenged in 67 years.Now obvious question: Lazarus pit,or its a legacy name like in Dark Knight?
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

catwhowalksbyhimself

Since super powers now exist in that universe, probably Lazarus Pit.

Also, I fully Expect the sister to become part of the hero team by the end of the season, possibly as Speedy, since she's already called that.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

GhostMachine

Honestly, I wish they had kept Sara around and killed off Laurel. I don't like the way Laurel has been written as of late. Also, her using boxing as Canary doesn't make sense. Hopefully Oliver or Roy or even Diggle (or any combination of the three) will give in and train her. Because if she's just a boxer, she should be toast if she faces certain enemies. Canary vs. Bronze Tiger, for example. Or Deathstroke if he ever escapes.

The only way I see Thea becoming a hero is if she realizes that Malcolm is a monster and that Oliver has been trying to protect her by not letting her know that he is Arrow. If she finds out what Malcolm did, there will be world class hell to pay.

And yes, I'd say Lazarus Pit. Because Oliver is probably going to end up in one.

Also, I'm following Stephen Amell on Facebook, and he posts some pretty cool stuff occasionally.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Thea's named after the female Speedy (Thea sounds like Mia, plus Mom Queen's maiden name is Mia's last name), so it's obvious what's going to happen with her, plus she's already trained and things are perfectly set up for her to find out what Malcom has done.  Yeah, she'll be joining the heroes sooner or later.  My guess it right as the end of the season.

Tomato

Yeah, but I seriously doubt Oliver is going to allow her to help him (as much as he's resisting Laurel's involvement, can you imagine how he'd react to Thea trying to get into the action?) so I suspect she'll be going it solo the same way Roy did for awhile.

Also:

Spoiler
Since we're talking the Lazarus pit, my roommate and I have been bandying about a theory about what Malcolm Merlyn's endgame is. His use of Thea, his daughter, to kill Canary is out of character... particularly given how much of an issue he's made about her being the only family he has left. It just seems like an odd risk to take... unless he's trying to get something more out of it. I think setting up Oliver was actually his way of gaining access to the Lazarus Pit, in order to resurrect someone else... someone who just happened to have a rather bizarre cameo this season for seemingly no reason.

Podmark

About Thea:
Spoiler

I'm actually expecting her to die by season's end. Just getting that vibe, plus the show has really struggled with how to use the character for much of it's run, I can see them finally putting a pin in it.

Laurel may start as a boxer but I doubt that's where it ends. Once she finally gets Oliver's acceptance she'll get some real training. Much like Roy.

And Tomato you may be on the right track.

Also been re-watching season one lately, really loved that first season. It's like something straight out of my own imagination. The show lost something from those early days, not quite sure what, maybe a civilian life as everyone Ollie knows is now somehow involved in the hero/villain side of the series.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Deaths Jester

I doubt Thea will die...they seem to be prepping her to become...wait for it...Speedy!
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Shogunn2517

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on December 31, 2014, 09:19:16 PM
Thea's named after the female Speedy (Thea sounds like Mia, plus Mom Queen's maiden name is Mia's last name), so it's obvious what's going to happen with her, plus she's already trained and things are perfectly set up for her to find out what Malcom has done.  Yeah, she'll be joining the heroes sooner or later.  My guess it right as the end of the season.

Remember, when she went to Corto Maltese, she was going by Mia too.  So combine that with the fact that she isn't REALLY a Queen, I could see her calling herself Mia Dearden by end of the year.

HarryTrotter

New CWs animated series Vixen will be set in the Arrow-verse.There is also a possibility that TNTs Titans and CBS Supergirl  will also be in the same universe.
Jon Farmer

catwhowalksbyhimself

Titans, no, but part of the deal to make Supergirl was that the character could make crossovers.  CBS is part owner of CW, you see.

catwhowalksbyhimself

I doubt very much that anybody is surprised, but word is, this show just go renewed for another season.  I also expect more crossovers with Flash in the future, given that the crossovers for both shows broke the rating records for both shows.

HarryTrotter

I said I heard it was possible,not that its sure.
Crossovers really lived up to the expectation,and I pretty sure we will see more of them.
Jon Farmer

catwhowalksbyhimself

And now it's official--Flash and Arrow will have at least one crossover every season from now on.

HarryTrotter

There was no Lazarus pit,oh well...
Second part of the Brick trilogy was okey.Laurel is still bad as Black Canary,and I dont think thats gonna change...
Also Bell Rev does exist in this setting,apparently.
Jon Farmer

Tomato

Yeah, she's kind of underwhelming. I felt kinda bad watching this episode because I actually enjoyed the scenes where she was using the voice algorithim thing more than others because Caity Lotz's delivery is so much better than Katie Cassidy's. And to be fair, there's nothing inherently wrong with her performance... it's just that she doesn't really fit the role they hired her for. That said, she IS believeable as someone trying to fill the boots of someone who outclasses her in every way... so it's not a total loss. We're seeing Laurel grow into the role of Canary as much as we're seeing the actress grow into her role, which is good enough for now.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Word is, there is a Lazarus Pit set, we just haven't seen it yet.

HarryTrotter

Its always a possibility.I was thinking,If Ras al Ghul hasnt been chalenged for 68 years,then Batman hasnt started his carrier yet.
Jon Farmer

Tomato

Quote from: Spade on January 30, 2015, 06:48:16 AM
Its always a possibility. I was thinking, if Ra's al Ghul hasn't been challenged for 68 years, then Batman hasn't started his career yet.

Or the two just haven't come into conflict yet. I don't know how it is in the n52 continuity, but in the old continuity it was years (decades-ish, even) before Ra's first started to match wits with Bruce Wayne. Assuming WB gets off their "No Batman in other TV shows" nonsense, the door is still open to Batman being around in the world somewhere.

HarryTrotter

We do know Bludhaven exists,so there is probably Gotham.
Jon Farmer

Shogunn2517

Now that a fourth season of Arrow will come as well as additional crossovers with The Flash, how many more major(or minor Leaguers) DC characters can we expect to see appear?  Question?  Conner Hawke?  Hal Jordan even?

HarryTrotter

Question was hinted for season 2,so he was probably moved up.Connor is 7-8 years old now.Everything is possible for others,I guess.
Jon Farmer