Arrow (Green Arrow) TV series

Started by Midnite, March 20, 2012, 05:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Podmark

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on March 23, 2014, 01:33:08 PM
Perhaps the biggest problem with DC is that they are unwilling to take such a huge risk.  Even Arrow, as successful as its been, was really only following the lead of Batman Begins, and is on a channel where low ratings are expected anyway.  It's about as far away from a risk as you can get.

Agreed. I find the show is a mix of the Nolan Batman films and a CW drama.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Glitch Girl

latest episode with the return of Huntress...

Wow, EVERYONE picked up the Idiot Ball this time, didn't they?  After the last few episodes, this was a total letdown.

And if Detective Lance hasn't figured out about Ollie/Arrow before now, he is the WORST detective ever.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

detourne_me

That's one of the best ways of putting it GG.   Last night I watched it with my wife,  it was her first episode ever,  she liked it, but I had to explain that even though Oliver is the hero,  sometimes he's just stupid.   and how could Laurel not recognize her sister 2 inches from her face?

bat1987

Weakest episode of the season for sure. Not feeling the show's Huntress, they went a bit overboard. And ya the episode requires a lot of suspension of disbelief on viewers' part.

Oh and
Spoiler
"Don't ever call me Speedy!" lol

thalaw2

Ok.  Good to see that it wasn't just met thinking the episode was a bit weak.  The fight chirography also seemed a bit off from previous episodes.

I'm thinking that maybe things are heading towards a the reveal of Arrow's identity to the public.
革命不会被电视转播

HarryTrotter

Anyone watching tonights episode?
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

Midnite

HarryTrotter

So thoughts on the last nights episode.I still didnt watch it cuz of time difference and stuff
Jon Farmer

JeyNyce

I would like to know what is going to happen to Roy.  Is he going to become Speedy, Arsenal or what?  Maybe he'll become the Red Hood?
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Thunder

I believe I read, in an interview with the writers, that the intention was to se Roy as Arsenal.

I recently saw
Spoiler
pictures of Summer Glau dressed as Ravager, meaning she is Slade's daughter?!?

I like the links to Central City, it gives the feel of  a larger world.

HarryTrotter

Judging by his skills with a bow,Roy isnt becoming Red Arrow,my guess is Spedy.
Jon Farmer

Tomato

Quote from: Spade on April 18, 2014, 05:05:31 AM
Judging by his skills with a bow,Roy isnt becoming Red Arrow,my guess is Speedy.

I'm pretty sure Arsenal is much more likely. Haven't seen the latest episode, but yeah... seems more his style

HarryTrotter

In episode 20 preview hes actually antagonist.I guess mirakuru messed him up.Watched ep 19. a little slow but still good.
Jon Farmer

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Thunder on April 17, 2014, 11:29:34 PM
I believe I read, in an interview with the writers, that the intention was to se Roy as Arsenal.

I recently saw
Spoiler
pictures of Summer Glau dressed as Ravager, meaning she is Slade's daughter?!?

I like the links to Central City, it gives the feel of  a larger world.

Spoiler
I don't think she's actually going to be his daughter...more on the lines that to save her life, he used the miracuru in his blood stream.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

bat1987

Finally managed to watch the latest ep.
Spoiler

Interesting take on Isabel, her being Queen's lover and now Ravager. Didn't realize at first that the 2 scientists are from the upcoming Flash, their inclusion felt a bit awkward IMO. Slade was as hardcase as ever, he is breaking Oliver pretty effectively.
One thing that bothered me a lot, was so many effing interruptions, like no one can finish a conversation without something happening. Its not the first time it happened in the show, but felt really annoying this time around. All in all a lot happened, doesn't look good for Oliver.
Minus the interruptions and Thea (totally see why she is  upset and all, but she felt annoying more then anything at least to me) another strong episode.

HarryTrotter

Quote from: bat1987 on April 22, 2014, 11:31:58 AM
Finally managed to watch the latest ep.
Spoiler

Interesting take on Isabel, her being Queen's lover and now Ravager. Didn't realize at first that the 2 scientists are from the upcoming Flash, their inclusion felt a bit awkward IMO. Slade was as hardcase as ever, he is breaking Oliver pretty effectively.
One thing that bothered me a lot, was so many effing interruptions, like no one can finish a conversation without something happening. Its not the first time it happened in the show, but felt really annoying this time around. All in all a lot happened, doesn't look good for Oliver.
Minus the interruptions and Thea (totally see why she is  upset and all, but she felt annoying more then anything at least to me) another strong episode.
Actually Isabel is The Queen.
Jon Farmer

HarryTrotter

Dont like to double post,but last episode was a WHAM one definitly.Your thoughts?
Jon Farmer

bat1987

It was, wasn't it?
Spoiler

The whole Roy thing was ok, but something we've seen already on the show. So up until much later in the episode, I thought this was gonna be a filler. Boy was I wrong. A lot of good moments for Moira up until the very end. Ollie is now even more motivated to finish off Slade. I'm assuming Malcolm Merlyn is not gonna be happy about Slade killing Moira. Would be cool if he joined Ollie and co for the fight with Slade's army. Can't wait for what happens next!

Podmark

Well that was quite the episode.

Spoiler

Totally did not see Moira's death coming. Really stunning scene.
Also very interested in the reveal that Ollie has a kid. Perhaps Connor Hawke will make an appearance down the road.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

HarryTrotter

Jon Farmer

bat1987

Aye, won't be able to watch it until friday myself. Will post here when I do.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Spade on April 30, 2014, 07:18:04 PM
Tonight,right?Everyone?

Hope so, otherwise I won't be able to watch it.  :thumbdown:

BentonGrey

Quote from: Podmark on April 26, 2014, 01:58:11 AM
Well that was quite the episode.

Spoiler

Totally did not see Moira's death coming. Really stunning scene.
Also very interested in the reveal that Ollie has a kid. Perhaps Connor Hawke will make an appearance down the road.

.....really?  Ugh.  :P  Ohh well.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

thalaw2

Seems like the series got back on track after that episode. 
Spoiler
Things seemed rushed at the end.  It seemed to me that Moria was inviting death.  Not so much to save her children but to keep some of her secrets hidden.  That and may she knows she made a lot of mistakes.  Nonetheless, I liked the character and i hated to see her go.  It'll be interesting what Ollie thinks of her after he finds out about his child.

I don't see how the ending of this episode would be suitable revenge for Slade. 
Spoiler
He wanted Ollie to make a choice and he didnt' get that.  Is his thirst to recreate that moment really satisfied?
革命不会被电视转播

MJB

Law:

Spoiler
Personally I don't believe that anything would satisfy Slade in that moment. The choise wasn't about his satisfaction it was about hurting Ollie. Slade's mind is completely twisted by the mirakuru & the visions of Shadow are warping his emotions. Ollie committed ultimate evil & nothing outside of destroying EVERYTHING he holds dear will satisfy him.

HarryTrotter

Finaly watched ep 21.Frankly Summer Glau as Ravager is just  :thumbdown:  FAIL.  :banghead:
Jon Farmer

Tomato

Yeah... I agree. I could feel them building up to it, but it still felt so forced and ridiculous given what we know about the character.

bat1987

Wow it's like only 2 episodes to go, lot of things need to happen.

Still hoping Merlyn shows up, would make a lot of sense.