Arrow (Green Arrow) TV series

Started by Midnite, March 20, 2012, 05:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

detourne_me

more than packed! A ton of stuff happened, felt like watching the JLU toon when there were multiple storylines going on at once.
can't wait for the next episode.

Spoilers:
Spoiler

Black Canary's sonic scream is tech.  it fits really well with the established world.
Canary in the League of Shadows? cool,  makes me wonder if Crixus/Deathstroke and Ollie ever came across the League of Shadows while on the island.
Det. Lance's involvement is pretty good,   it's setting up the corrupt system/one good cop trope of Gotham City.
Roy is another weapon in Ollie's arsenal, and i like how all the characters are converging.

There can be a lot of parallels drawn between Arrow and the Nolan Batman movies,  I really think this is a good thing, as Ollie's family connections allow us different storylines.

I kind of wonder if the relationship soap opera stuff will still be around,  hopefully this show can keep the audience to keep up the darker and action oriented plot.

JeyNyce

Just saw the third episode and basically it's a Batman TV show with Green Arrow.  The show is awesome
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Tomato

Just saw the last episode. This is my response.

Spoiler
But no, seriously guys, just WOW. So many nods to the character's history in this one episode. I love the setup (the fact that he knows it's a superhuman who killed his mother was a nice touch), the subtle and not so subtle nods to his origins (OMG the scene with the chemical rack, complete with a thunderstorm in the background). I'm totally nerding out right now.

deano_ue

I absolutely love this show I'm a bit behind you guys due to timing and such the last ep I saw was the Moira trail result

But I will state my love of the show has nothing to do with felicity smoak no nothing at all ¬_¬

bat1987

This show is seriously awesome!

Spoiler
Loved the reverse Flash reference. Grant is very likable as Barry. Deathstroke is born!!! Felicity is adorable as always.

Super minor nitpick
Spoiler

I think Ra's (as represented in all forms of media) would have been OK with what Merlin did. Ra's was always ends justify the means kinda guy. But still I'm not bothered by it, just an observation.

Glitch Girl

Barry is so adorkable, I am now really looking forward to the Flash series. 

When he was messing with the chemicals on the shelf, I'm sure every DC fan was holding their breath.  :D

While the episode did have a few logic holes you could drive a truck through, I am still really enjoying it. 

BTW:
Spoiler
Did anyone else catch that the Acolyte's name?  It's Cyrus Gold aka: Solomon  Grundy. 
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Tomato

Quote from: bat1987 on December 06, 2013, 12:47:48 PM
Super minor nitpick
Spoiler

I think Ra's (as represented in all forms of media) would have been OK with what Merlin did. Ra's was always ends justify the means kinda guy. But still I'm not bothered by it, just an observation.

Spoiler
I took it more as Ra's being upset that Merlin went off and did his own thing.

Podmark

Yeah it's a good show.

Spoiler

I was pretty excited about Malcolm Merlin's return a few weeks ago.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Starman

I liked the way they depicted Grundy's super strength ... a lot more effective than similar stuff over on Agents of SHIELD.

It's interesting to see "Arrow" changing from a kind of light crime/vigilante drama into a more conventional "superhero" show with powers and everything.

captmorgan72

Quote from: Starman on December 07, 2013, 04:33:58 AM
I liked the way they depicted Grundy's super strength ... a lot more effective than similar stuff over on Agents of SHIELD.

It's interesting to see "Arrow" changing from a kind of light crime/vigilante drama into a more conventional "superhero" show with powers and everything.
Cyrus Gold isn't Grundy yet, if he ever will be. I for one don't like the super strength/durability effect of the Miracle serum, its too much. I don't remember Deathstroke having these physical abilities, I remember him being like Captain America.

Tomato

We don't know how effective it will be in the case of Slade Wilson, there could be other factors to it (The fact that there was no sedative in this case, the nerve damage he suffered due to his burns, Brother Blood's tampering with it in the five years since, it could even just depend on the person injected), so I wouldn't get too hung up on that until we see it for other characters. Those abilities DO fit a Solomon Grundy, aka Zombie Hulk. I don't think he's quite to "Solomon Grundy" levels yet, but it's a step in that direction.

detourne_me

This show is just amazing.   The art direction lately has really been firing on all cylinders...
Spoiler
After Roy gets shot, we see a red arrow (covered in blood).
Moira's middle name is Dearden,   similar to Mia Dearden, the latest Speedy
Felicity's red dress was not only Smoak-ing hot, but the cut out is also reminiscent of Mia Dearden's Speedy outfit.
Yeah Barry is adorable in this, is he getting a spin-off?  This character is infinitely more interesting than the comic counterpart.
If Shado dies on the island, that will cause enough strife between Slade and Ollie.

thalaw2

So, perhaps this is the best TV series I've ever watched...in Drama.  It is awesome! 

I must say I liked Barry, but that I think the actor is not fit for the part of Flash.  At least not f, tor an adult Flash.  Yes, this is body policing.  He has to really get in shape if he wants to be Flash.  However, it could be the costume design that didn't make things work.

I like the guys acting and I think his placement in the series is good, albeit high schoolish. 

Anyway, the guy needs to hit the gym to improve his looks from the neck up.  Otherwise I'm happy with him in the role.
革命不会被电视转播

BWPS

Yeah,  Flash is getting a spin-off, I  think he's great for the part, just the right amounts of charismatic and goofy. I feel like comic books draw everyone with way extra muscles which doesn't make sense for real human beings,  Flash makes sense to be less muscular in real life since he is less muscular in the comic books but because comic books are silly he still looks like a body builder.

And I'm so in  love with this television program, I was a little unsure about adding super powers to the universe but it makes sense when expanding to  include more characters and  like everything on the show it's been handled well.
Spoiler
Shooting whatshisname  in the leg seemed a little extreme,  but I guess that's Oliver for ya
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

XStream

I've been watching on Netflix. Admittedly, I know squat about Ollie or much of the DCU, but I am truly enjoying the show. And from what I have read on here most of you DCU fans are enjoying it.
I am not, nor have I ever been a Rude Naked Hero!

detourne_me

Episode 9 spoilers: Fangasm!
Spoiler
Solomon Grundy, Deathstroke, Flash, and a Mask for Ollie.  WOW!
Who knows what WB's movie division is up to, the world building here is definitely on the right track.
Dosing Roy Harper is a good way to get him up to Green Arrow fighting levels without five+ years of training.
Baron Blood is a pawn of Slade's, who I'm guessing is a pawn of Ras.
Cyrus looks like he was overdosed with mirakuru, so that will probably manifest in a zombie appearance like Solomon Grundy.
Barry's transformation was REALLY well done. and I missed it, but was that Linda Park reporting on TV?
:thumbup:

Deaths Jester

Quote from: detourne_me on December 12, 2013, 01:17:34 PM
Episode 9 spoilers: Fangasm!
Spoiler
Solomon Grundy, Deathstroke, Flash, and a Mask for Ollie.  WOW!
Who knows what WB's movie division is up to, the world building here is definitely on the right track.
Dosing Roy Harper is a good way to get him up to Green Arrow fighting levels without five+ years of training.
Baron Blood is a pawn of Slade's, who I'm guessing is a pawn of Ras.
Cyrus looks like he was overdosed with mirakuru, so that will probably manifest in a zombie appearance like Solomon Grundy.
Barry's transformation was REALLY well done. and I missed it, but was that Linda Park reporting on TV?
:thumbup:

To your last question...the answer is yes.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Glitch Girl

Lots to like here...
Spoiler
Present-day Slade looks amazing.  The hints of grey plus the eyepatch totally sold it. 

Not happy they fridged Shado, but kinda expected it eventually.  Otherwise LOVED this episode!  The birth of Solomon Grundy, a mask (FINALLY), the birth of the Flash (nicely done IMO),  great reveal about Brother Blood and Slade, and just lots to like all the way around.

You know, I just realized that the Arrowettes (Sin, Roy, and Thea, that's what I'm calling them :P ) could easily turn out to be all three notable versions of the Green Arrow's sidekick: Red Arrow, Arsenal, and Speedy.

-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

captmorgan72

I was so impressed with this episode. Loved everything about it. Easily the most well done superhero series in my opinion.

Podmark

The one thing that bugged me...
Spoiler

We leave the episode with Barry in a serious accident, and to my understanding that's his last appearance in Arrow prior to the Flash pilot. If I didn't follow TV news I'd be pretty anxious to find out what happens to him next. Seems like an unsatisfying way to leave the character in the Arrow series.

Still good mid season finale, and I really appreciated Colin Donnell's appearance.
I'd been expecting Shado to be written out at some point since Slade was made a regular and she was just recurring. Disappointed she's dead (although people seem to come back to life a lot in this show), I liked her character.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Midnite

Can't wait for next weeks episode. Deathstroke's costume looks really good. I like how they took some elements from Arkham Origins, wish they used the helmet design from it though.

thalaw2

革命不会被电视转播

Tomato

someone missed the last few minutes of the barry allen two-parter

Glitch Girl

Speaking of Barry Allen and the upcoming Flash series...
QuoteJohn Wesley Shipp, who played Barry Allen/The Flash in the 1990s TV series, has been added to the cast of the CW/WBTV/DC pilot The Flash, which retells the story of scientist Allen (Grant Gustin) who, through a freak accident, is given the power of super speed. The producers are keeping Shipp's recurring character a secret.

-Glitch Girl

catwhowalksbyhimself

If they're keeping it secret, then my money would be on Jay Garrick.  He's old enough, it would be a great nod to his former role, and it would be the kind of thing they might want to keep a surprise.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Glitch Girl

Honestly, if it ISN'T Jay, I'll be shocked.

Unless he's Max Mercury.  That would be cool too.
-Glitch Girl

thalaw2

That's awesome news!  I love the old skool flash series.
革命不会被电视转播

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Glitch Girl on February 12, 2014, 02:15:47 PM
Honestly, if it ISN'T Jay, I'll be shocked.

Unless he's Max Mercury.  That would be cool too.

Now Max Mercury would definitely be cool.

MJB

Picked up watching this show a little while ago. So much fun! Marvel's "Agents of Sheild" should take note. THIS is how you do a Super Hero comic book show.

-MJB

bat1987

Last night episode

Spoiler
was OK for the most part. Clock King was an OK villain. I'd like to see BC and Arrow team up regularly. Last scene was great ofc

Oh and somethign funny I found and those who watched the episode will recognize it ^_^
http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/863/2407/original.jpg