Tonma's Skins (17/19) - Spotlight: Lady Gaga & Catherine Larchmont-Price

Started by TonmaFan, February 21, 2012, 05:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonmaFan

I've also begun skinning for :ffvstr: now!
Made quite a few so far :)

***All downloads are located at my Yahoo Group.

Finished Skins:

Daisy Everett-Brown thought she was the happiest woman in the world until she found out about her husband's affair. The shocking revelation had put her into an immense fit of turmoil. After accidentally absorbing some Energy X, the despair inside her channelized itself into desire for revenge, and she vowed to eradicate every traitor from the face of the earth, now reborn as the deadly Belladonna!

A famous costume designer by profession, Jerry Trap had always been Daisy's (now Belladonna) best friend and stuck with her through the thick and the thin. After Daisy's transformation into Belladonna she decided to generously give him some of her powers... and he was more than happy to join her in her treachery-eradicating quest as her one and only loyal sidekick, the Red Jester! How he came up with his ridiculously age-inapproprate superhero costume is another story, though.

Not much is known about this young lad who calls himself Prince Violet, but a large number of questions (and eyebrows) are certainly raised about his combat style, which he himself describes as 'flamboyant'. Perhaps it has something to do with his rumored background as an exotic dancer, which is also also supposedly where he first came in contact with Energy X.

--

Sira belongs to the Iskai race- a race of highly developed humanoid cat-like beings with special powers. Born as the daughter to Akiir, the head of the Iskai Formers Guild, she chose to abandon her family tradition and chose the path of magic instead. She has a large variety of spells to cast, but requires a magical seed from the Triifalai plant to cast each spell.

Classic Sira, depicted in her actual feline form, complete with catlike ears and a tail.

Let's face it, Lara Croft is the most popular female video game character. While one of the reasons for her popularity may be her accidentally large breast size (Yes, it wasn't the makers' intention), she's also more hardcase than many of her male counterparts. The Tomb Raider franchise is immensely popular all over the world, and the games have sold more than 40 million copies to date.

--

Jefferine Leon Dahmre used to be a normal woman in her normal neighbourhood hosting normal parties for her normal friends, where she served some rather delicious food. However her guests never returned home from the parties- for they stayed at her home, chopped in pieces and stored in her refrigerator, waiting to be cooked and served to her next set of party-guests. While people are suspiciously disappearing from town, no one will ever know about Jefferine's dark Energy X-infused alter ego, Bestia.

Born in the magical cult of the Kenget Kamulos, the hot-headed Khunag found the blood of his leader, Cuain on his hands after stabbing him in a fit of rage and jealousy. The soul of Cuain left the dead body to enter Khunag and possess him until he had repented severely for his evil deed! Although the soul has also brought in Cuain's magical strength, Khunag must face several deadly obstacles before he can be forgiven for his cold-blooded murder by the vengeful soul.

The Sun Trooper is one of the forest king Megalycan's lesser minions who is capable of manipulating light to a small extent. He carries a gun which uses a complex array of mirrors to blind the enemy, after which he can strike at close range. He wears special sunglasses to avoid ever being blinded by his own effect.

--

Lydia was a devout priestess in Apollo's Holy Temple. From his place in the clouds high above, the Greek God had been pleased with her devotion since a long time, and appeared in her dream, offering her the power to control any one of the five elements of nature. Lydia refused the offer at first thinking it would be selfish to accept such a gift. When the God told her that she could use her newly gained power to cleanse evil instead, Lydia was pleased and chose Earth as the element of her choice, and was reborn as Regolyth.

The Blind Pink Girl is 'nother of Jerry Trap/Red Jester's eccentric superhero designs, based on the ancient legend of Lydia.

(These outfits are inspired by Dark Magician Girl from the Yu-Gi-Oh franchise).

Billy B. was just a common thief, commiting petty thefts and escaping every time. He never stole anything big enough to get into trouble. Then he happened to set foot in Belladonna's mansion, to commit his first 'big' burglary. Thinking of it as a valuable antique, he grabbed the Raven Staff- which infused him with Energy X! Belladonna, who was watching the whole time, revealed herself and in exchange for not handing him over to the police, told him to use his skills for good and join her team. Still afraid of the law, Billy agreed, and now fights crime as The Masked Warrior!

--

Queen of all vamps, Blasphemy aims for complete destruction of everything that comes in her way and be the sole ruler of her own little dark universe. Mind control is just one of her evil pastimes. Born a distressed human, she went through a lot right from the beginning, one of the tragic incidents being massive burns from an exploding barrel of Energy X. She miraculously survived the attack but compensated with complete disfiguration of her right arm and leg. While recovering from the burn, the Energy X began to strengthen her, and she vowed to get revenge for all of her misfortunes. While she has above average physical strength, she prefers to use her vast mental powers to turn minds and lead humans to their own destruction.

Resonance/Benzene Boy possesses the ability to exist in more than one form at one time, but all the extra forms he exists as are virtually powerless, and only offer for an illusionary defence for the main part. Even though his appearance is humanoid, he is actually the result of a very, very sophisticated holographic experiment.

--

Presenting the sorority of Cyber Harpie Lady, once again from the Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise, armored with the signature Cyber Shield breast-spike plate. Original Harpie Lady flavor text: This human-shaped animal with wings is beautiful to watch but deadly in battle.

--

Lady Gaga... How do I begin to explain Lady Gaga?
She is flawless.
I hear her hair's insured for $10,000,
I hear she does car commercials... in Japan.
Her favorite movie is Varsity Blues.
One time she met John Stamos on a plane... and he told her she was pretty.
One time she punched me in the face... it was awesome.

--

That's El_diablo_effects, I added effects to el_diablo using the tutorial. Comes with two skins, the very basic Martial skin (showcased here) with full effects turned on and a special softish lightmap, and Prince Violet, my skin for El_diablo_effects.

Works in Progress:

The Red Riding Hood is one of forest king Megalycan's mightier minions. While she is able to cast minor magic spells, she prefers using her set of utility blades which she carries holstered safely to her thighs. She seems to be a nature lover and spends her time tending to trees when not engaging in combat with her master's foes.

A sassy southern belle, Catherine Larchmont-Price believed in little but her ability to make men drool, till one day, the Goddess appeared in her dream, granting her superpowers to fight evil! A part of Freedom Force, Catherine now fights crime as the mighty Alchemiss!

Tell me what you think!
I have a Yahoo group now, click here!

Cyber Burn

Overall, new skins for the Irrational meshes are always a good thing. On an individual note, I really like Red Riding Hood, you got a great shade of red going on. My only suggestion would be to tone down the effects a bit.

TonmaFan

Thank you :) I took your advice and worked on my alchemiss skin again, is this better?  :P

Cyber Burn

Much. It really allows for the details to be seen better.

TonmaFan

Ice trooper skin => sun trooper! I can't think of adding much detail [/creativity]

First post updated.

Figure Fan

Nice skins. I also really like the bios for the characters.

Helix

I mean no disrespect, but I am confused by Sun Trooper dressed in a fur hat, high boots, and winter coat. The skin looks nice, I just don't get the concept.

Sioux City Dynamo

Nice job! Look forward to more.
Io

laughing paradox

It has an authentic vibe to it. Good job on these.

UnkoMan

Ha! Cool! I, too, love skins on irrational meshes. And original characters!

Hmm... Maybe colour Suntroopers sleeves like his arms? So it's, like a weird sleeveless dress thing. Make the hat texture smooth instead of furry and it would remind me more of a French royal legion hat.

Yeah, you can wear that in the heat.

Anyhow, these are swell. I really like Belladonna.

TonmaFan

Here's a new skin, this time for Eve, "Bestia" /cannibal_girl/leather_girl

I'm not sure whose it was but I used some minor elements from an Eve base skin (I'm pretty sure it was Gryphon's though). He is such a huge inspiration, and I kinda ripped off the layout in the OP off his website's design. :p The skins are pretty much original though.

--

Quote from: Sioux City Dynamo on February 23, 2012, 12:24:28 AM
Nice job! Look forward to more.
Quote from: Figure Fan on February 22, 2012, 05:30:24 PM
Nice skins. I also really like the bios for the characters.
Quote from: laughing paradox on February 23, 2012, 03:17:24 AM
It has an authentic vibe to it. Good job on these.
Thank you all very much! ^o^ And yes, I plan on making a lot more, at least hoping to reskin all of Irrational's characters :p

Quote from: Helix on February 22, 2012, 08:33:51 PM
I mean no disrespect, but I am confused by Sun Trooper dressed in a fur hat, high boots, and winter coat. The skin looks nice, I just don't get the concept.
Haha, it's okay, I wasn't happy with the Sun Trooper not being in too much of 'Sun' clothing either, but I really can't mesh, so it's really hard to remove some details To compensate I took off his pants instead :p I'll probably update the hat, it's not meant to be a fur hat, my original idea was something like leaves hat- which didn't come out very well at tht time. x-( Thank you for your creative input! :)

Quote from: UnkoMan on February 23, 2012, 04:46:35 AM
Ha! Cool! I, too, love skins on irrational meshes. And original characters!

Hmm... Maybe colour Suntroopers sleeves like his arms?[/i] So it's, like a weird sleeveless dress thing. Make the hat texture smooth instead of furry and it would remind me more of a French royal legion hat.

Yeah, you can wear that in the heat.

Anyhow, these are swell. I really like Belladonna.
That exact same idea came to my mind too! :D Thank you for your suggestions! =] I lovr the hat idea.

TonmaFan

I write way too much, lol. Anyway I'm hoping I can release a new skin everyday. =]
Bios are now added for every character.

Xenolith

Maybe the Sun Troopers are from a planet much closer to their sun than we are to ours, and because of that they think the Earth is quite cold?

I think you'd really enjoy NifSkope.  You have a good thing gonig here.

Outcast

I also a fan of Gryphon's work, especially on Irrational meshes. Nice work on these skins! :thumbup:

Kenn

My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

TonmaFan

@OutCast and Kenn: Thank you so much!  :wub:
Irrational's meshes are sometimes really hard to work with, but they have such diverse looks and animations it's fun ^o^

Quote from: Xenolith on February 23, 2012, 01:43:03 PMI think you'd really enjoy NifSkope.  You have a good thing gonig here.
I looked around a bit to see what 'Skoping' actually was, but I'm still quite blank.  :banghead: Could you perhaps point me in the right direction, like an easy tutorial, or just an explanation of the basics of using Nifskope or something? I'm familiar with the interface of the program, but so far the only thing I've used it for is to add effects to some of Irrational's meshes.

--
Freedom Force crashed. Reinstalling everything took ages, and after I updated character tool, it keeps crashing and can't load more than one mesh in the same execution of the program. Does anyone have a good solution to this problem? I didn't create a separate thread because it's only minor, but still annoying nonetheless.

Since I can't post a new skin today, here's a random picture:

Kalinka, a basic recolor of Red Riding Hood with veins to showcase how ice_queen_effects looks like and Mystical Elf, the original concept for what now is Belladonna. Both are still WIPs. I actually only made Kalinka because FFX came with a character of that name using the default ice_queen skin. The holding hands is for fun lol

Upcoming concepts for heroes: Came up with these while studying for tomorrow's exam (Jobless, aren't I.)

Resonance (Aural): Female hero, face masked, peaceful, energy X has provided her with sound-related powers Costume is dark colored. Probably uses Shadow mesh.

Resonance (Chemical): Male hero: Can exist in multiple 'canonical' forms at the same time but the extra forms are nearly powerless, costume: probably something Benzene-related

Enthalpy: Male hero that uses temperature/energy related powers.

Gorgon: Uses medusa mesh (female_basic with medusa hair). Was originally a hair model who used to experiment with her hair a lot. Result? Hair has a life of its own. Not evil.

(unnamed): Photoskin. Based on this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayVuQLT00v0

edit: and yet another colossal post. God

TonmaFan

New Skin: SIRA, bio updated.

Downloads for Sira, Bestia and Belladonna are now available on my website: acupofcoffee.webs.com

UnfluffyBunny

I really like how well thought out these original characters are, not only do you have a backstory for each of them, but you've put that story into the skins with just enough detail, so we can see it defined in them without overwhelming them, great balance on the aesthetics :)

TonmaFan

Quote from: UnfluffyBunny on February 26, 2012, 06:47:02 PM
I really like how well thought out these original characters are, not only do you have a backstory for each of them, but you've put that story into the skins with just enough detail, so we can see it defined in them without overwhelming them, great balance on the aesthetics :)

Thank you so much! It really means a lot to me :) I'm still beginning but I do spend quite some time making these. :p

NEW SHOWCASE: Prince Violet and el_diablo_effects.

Also working on a skin for Mentor. The "base" and head is somewhat ready, working on the actual skin now.

The lips are a little too dark in this one.

TonmaFan

Added a skin for Mentor, one for Law and a recolor, and adapted Sira for a new mesh. :)

TonmaFan

UnkoMan

You're getting better and better...

But one question... is Red Jester suppose to have bare feet or flesh coloured socks? I've been guilty of the same thing before (to my eternal shame), but if you can skin the toes, do. Other than that, keep up the great work!

I like how everything is so vibrant! And you go back to older skins and rework them the more techniques you use. Whoop!

Bloodshadow

Sioux City Dynamo

Io

Cyber Burn

Meant to say this before, but I'm really impressed with both the quality and the quantity of skins that you are producing. I hope to see more soon.

TonmaFan

Since I absolutely loathe everything about Minuteman, I thought I'd skin him next. I haven't given him a name or bio yet, but it'll probably be a common thief/rich spoilt son. Has a piercing too :cool: The creature on his staff is supposed to resemble a bat, but he's not evil. :o

I tried photoskinning, but this is one of the worst hairstyles I've probably ever created.
Spoiler

--
Quote from: Cyber Burn on March 03, 2012, 04:42:50 PM
Meant to say this before, but I'm really impressed with both the quality and the quantity of skins that you are producing. I hope to see more soon.
Thank you! :D I've been trying to implement something new everytime, haha :) Glad you think I'm making progress :)

Quote from: Sioux City Dynamo on March 02, 2012, 04:05:34 AM
Great job!  Love the skins and stories.
Thank you! :D I greatly admire your work =]

Quote from: Bloodshadow on March 01, 2012, 08:51:47 PM
wow :blink:
Nice skins Tonma :cool:
Thanks mate. :cool:  :P

Quote from: UnkoMan on March 01, 2012, 03:46:53 PM
You're getting better and better...

But one question... is Red Jester suppose to have bare feet or flesh coloured socks? I've been guilty of the same thing before (to my eternal shame), but if you can skin the toes, do. Other than that, keep up the great work!

I like how everything is so vibrant! And you go back to older skins and rework them the more techniques you use. Whoop!

Thank you so much! :D And sorry about Red Jester, you're right, lol. I actually spent a little more time than usual on it and left out (forgot?) to draw in the toes. He's not supposed to have flesh colored socks. :p I'll fix that before I upload Red Jester to my site/group.

YET MORE HERO CONCEPTS
I do actually convert some concepts into heroes rather than just starting with a base/mesh and proceeding, x-]
New Villianess: Blasphemy
The biggest vamp in my skins' characters universe. I'll have to revise her outfit idea so that it's pg-13 max

Blasphemy's minions so far

Choice- bipolar girl altering others' minds too.
Ice King: Nuclear winter's male icicle-wielding minions
National Anthem:- 'patriot' girl (hypnotised)

Maybe someday I can make a big mod out of all these  :rolleyes: #BigDreams

martialstorm

Really enjoying your style Tonma very clean and smooth pixar/Steve Rude quality especially with the ladies.

Tomato

Sir, You terrify me. You've done more skins in under a week than I typically put out in over a year. A pox on you and your witchcraft!