News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

something big

Started by bearded, September 27, 2011, 01:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Awesome, B.  Just the other day I was wondering what had become of your projects.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Skerdilajd Shehi

well.. Damn it i have non idea!  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

hmarrs

Hey anything new lately???

bearded

yes, I have scaled back my concepts a lot. Still working, but not in a 3d environment yet. making a character generator for 2d graphical management game right now. so, "something small"

Epimethee

Something small is infinitely better than nothing big, Benton!
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

hmarrs

Just wondering has anything became of this and how's Bearded haven't heard form him on here in a while.

bearded

hi, thanks.
Lurking. I will have the free time to work on this within the week, so good coincidence you mentioned it!

hmarrs

Hey Bearded don't give up man I was more interested on how your doing btu glad to hear your still at it I truly believe the concept your on is awesome.

bearded

good progress today, with some surprises in store very soon.

hmarrs

YEAHHH!!!!...Bearded your the man!

bearded

I plan on having something to play tonight, look for a link later today!

bearded

I keep wanting to add more before I release.

SickAlice

Always better to wait until you know everything's complete than to try and meet a deadline incomplete.
I'm a little jealous that you get to play with Unity. I have that old GS7 engine. Not a real cumbersome environment, may as well just be modding Quake at that rate.
Can't wait to see what you unveil.

spydermann93

I'm right there with SA. Keep working until you feel that what you have is ready.

Can't wait to see what you have! :thumbup:

Outcast

Of course, i'm also interested in this.

As they say, good things come to those who wait.

hmarrs

Ahhh...at the risk of being Devils Advocate BEARDED......

:stupor
SHOW US WHAT YA GOT!

bearded

I finished up a large chunk last night and it worked perfectly in the editor, but I had compile errors. gonna work on those today.
Here is the future location and something to look at. The big blank space in the middle is where the unity player will be.
http://www.brightideagame.com/

spydermann93

Quote from: bearded on December 01, 2014, 02:30:23 PM
I finished up a large chunk last night and it worked perfectly in the editor, but I had compile errors. gonna work on those today.
Here is the future location and something to look at. The big blank space in the middle is where the unity player will be.
http://www.brightideagame.com/

Can't wait to check it out, bearded! :thumbup:

bearded

For now I am going to use golden age public domain characters as stand ins for originals. I am starting with Rocket Riley for some sci fi superhero and then Silver Streak for a racing level.
http://pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Rocket_Riley
http://pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Silver_Streak

hmarrs

BEARDED YOUR THE FREAKING MAN  :thumbup:

bearded

Does this error message mean anything to anybody?
A script behaviour has a different serialization layout when loading. (Read 24 bytes but expected 120 bytes)

Epimethee

FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

bearded

Thanks Epimethee, with that I was able to remember how to fix it. Somehow my google searching overlooked that link.
Ok, now I have a working functioning game, but my webhosting is too tiny, I will look on fixing that tomorrow.

bearded

I have a working 48 meg zip file with the game executable now (pre alpha testing model), but am in the middle of changing my webhosting, so it will be another couple of days before I can upload. Meanwhile I can keep working on fixing things.

bearded

I have a bare bones website, and a functioning level. This is up for those interested, and alpha testing. If you download it, please, post here any issues or comments.
www.brightideagame.com
yay! I'm live again!

Spoiler
function wise, it is supposed to be different every time you load it, but I don't think that is working yet, but if you fall, or get knocked out, it should load a new random level. If you get to your ship, it will start a new random level also. Some functions I know are not working are exp gain, sound, loading and saving. the eventual idea is a procedural layout that gets progressively difficult, with leveling and inventory.
your keybindings of interest: p, c, i, ?

Cyber Burn

Not sure if it's just me, but I'm having issues with the download. I tried a few times, each time I received an error message stating that the download was interrupted. When I was finally able to get a complete download (Twice), I received an error message both times stating that the file could not be opened as an archive.

spydermann93

Hmm...

I haven't had an issue.

I'll e-mail the file to you, Cyber ^_^

EDIT: Well, I loaded up the game, and from what I can tell, once this gets polished more, this will be a great stepping stone for our community!

Spoiler
I love that the demo enemies are slimes :P

I'll have to delve into it more once finals are over.

hmarrs

I cant figure out what Im doing wrong is it my CPU or what?

bearded

Quote from: hmarrs on December 04, 2014, 04:10:53 PM
I cant figure out what Im doing wrong is it my CPU or what?
what happens, and what is your cpu?

also, the m key does something neat.

hmarrs

its ok my work CPU is blocked ill have to wait until I get home.