Black FX on Vertex's Human Torch for FFvTTR

Started by apfarmakis, September 01, 2011, 10:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apfarmakis

Could anyone be kind enough to explain how we could skope Vertex's Human Torch  :ffvstr: version to emit black particles? I've seen LP's fabulous Sunspot mesh and skin combo but would really like to transfer it to a VX mesh.
Like an eye that sees but cannot see itself,
Like a sword that cuts but cannot cut itself.

Cyber Burn

I would suggest sending a PM to Laughing Paradox specifically. Since he did the original skoping, he would more than likely be able to walk someone through this process. Personally, I would love to know how to do this as well.

style

This is very simple: u find the VX_Human_Torch mesh and take LP's Sunspot, look in the skins-standard folder. There should be a tga file (or dds file depends on what he used) in there called male_basic_fire.tga, rename it just fire.tga and put it in the VX_Human_Torch meshes skin-standard folder and walla u got what ur looking for!!!! :thumbup:
The Ultimate Fan!

Cyber Burn

Quote from: style on September 03, 2011, 03:54:20 PM
This is very simple: u find the VX_Human_Torch mesh and take LP's Sunspot, look in the skins-standard folder. There should be a tga file (or dds file depends on what he used) in there called male_basic_fire.tga, rename it just fire.tga and put it in the VX_Human_Torch meshes skin-standard folder and walla u got what ur looking for!!!! :thumbup:

Unfortunately, I tried that. And afterward, no FX show up in CTool2. I think it needs to be hexxed/skoped in a manner similar to the way that Beyonder's "Human_Torch" mesh was (see "Human_Torch_Black" at FXForce).

laughing paradox

Hey, I'll be glad to help you out. It's actually not that difficult.

The first thing you need to do is back up your work, so make a copy of vx3RHumanTorch (or whatever mesh with FX's) and rename it Sunspot, or whatever you want to name it.

Open it up in Nifskope. There should be a few lines that say something like "FX_Head" or "FX_Left_Forearm". Click the plus sign on the first one, which should be FX_head.

When that opens up, there should be a new branch that says Super Spray. Click the plus sign on that one.

Now you should find a new branch called NiAlphaProperty. Right click on that and press Flags.

When that comes up, fill it in with the following information:

Checked Enable Blending
Source Blend Mode: Src Alpha
Destination Blend Mode: Inv Src Alpha
Checked Enable Testing
Alpha Test Function: Greater
Alpha Test Threshold: 200
Unchecked No Sorter

You're done... with FX_Head, that is.

Now you have do it for every FX_ branch. (FX_Left Foot, FX_Right_Forearm, etc). Don't forget to save!