Pod'20: Goldballs (March 22)

Started by Podmark, August 22, 2011, 12:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

windblown

That's great guys! I really like this skin/skope combo  :thumbup:

Podmark

Glad you like DM!

Today I bring you Wolverine!
No, not that Wolverine...the All New All Different Wolverine!
AKA X-23, his female clone:

Big thanks to Windblown who wiped this skope up pretty quickly after a request on the forum. I've been pretty excited about skinning this version of Laura, it's a big step for the character. The costume is a good design for Logan's legacy. I haven't tried her new book yet but from what I've heard it seems interesting.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

SickAlice

I've been checking your page everyday for this one. Hooray and thank you! Totally up for collaborating on the ANAD clones BTW if your up to it.

Doom2099

laughing paradox

She looks great! I really like her current costume a lot.

Podmark

Time to debut my new avatar!

I kid.

This is actually Pod, a character introduced in Jonathan Hickman's Avengers run and currently appearing in Al Ewing's New Avengers. In Hickman's run an alien was hurling "Origin Bombs" onto Earth. Where they landed they would radically change the people and landscape. When one hit in Finland it trapped a young woman, Aikku, inside an advanced armor - a planetary defense mechanism. The armor is adaptive and can adjust to counter whatever threat it's faced with. It's shown abilities such as flight, strength, and energy projection.

There's a funny story to me learning about this character. I originally read Hickman's run up to Infinity then stopped as I was trying to reduce the number of books I was buying - I intended to pick the series up later on (still in the process of that). Anyway Pod had appeared in the issues I read but she wasn't named at that time and was an enemy in her debut issues - a mysterious "robot" sent by AIM. I forgot all about it. Later on I was looking up the Avengers roster on a wiki and saw "Pod" as a recent recruit and I jokingly said to myself "When did I join the Avengers?". Then after I looked deeper I was like "Wait, that robot joined the Avengers?! What?". Once I read more I've found Pod is actually a pretty interesting character and I'm really happy Ewing is using her in his book.

Pod was designed by Stefano Casseli, one of my favourite artists.

Big thanks to SickAlice for building the mesh, and to Windblown for doing the animations (even though he didn't know the character!). It's really great working with people like them! The mesh has a number of transforming parts - guns, a jet pack.

Another funny story. What you see above is actually my second Pod skin. I finished the first version in late November I think, but while I was finishing some more skins every time I'd look back on Pod I grew less satisfied with my work. Then two weeks ago I finally decided to redo the skin. So instead of the Ant-Man preview that week it would have been Pod. The first version was all line work and it just looked blah. I like this better and it better represents the art of the character.

Hopefully I'll resume new skins in March. I have more X-Men skopes from WB to get to, and an Alopex mesh from SA.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

laughing paradox

Hey, Pod looks GREAT! I love this! Excellent work.

Cyber Burn

Both Wolverine and Pod look great, I'm looking forward to seeing those Animations.  :thumbup:

murs47

Podmark

It was Daredevil season 2:

So I skinned DD's current costume, which I really like.

I fell out of skinning a few weeks ago so I was looking for some inspiration to get back into it - so thank you Netflix. Should have some more soon.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Very nice job on the details Pod, those Boot Laces alone must have taken forever.

spydermann93

OrWolvie1

VERY NICE! Having not seen the new DD, makes me wish I had after seeing that! I love it!

Podmark

Thanks guys!

Quote from: Cyber Burn on April 02, 2016, 09:56:33 PM
Very nice job on the details Pod, those Boot Laces alone must have taken forever.

Well to be fair I created those boots for another skin and just reused them with minor modifications. The benefits of a large skin library.
They did take a long time to do the first time.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

detourne_me

Fantastic Daredevil Pod!  I haven't picked up his latest series yet, but I love the look of his new uniform.

SickAlice

Podmark

Quote from: detourne_me on April 04, 2016, 04:28:32 PM
Fantastic Daredevil Pod!  I haven't picked up his latest series yet, but I love the look of his new uniform.

Thanks, forgot to mention it's based on your skope.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

windblown

That's a very nice skin Pod, and it's good to see you back in action too!

Podmark

This week I present Transonic of Generation Hope:

Her mutant powers modified her body for high speed flight. She was the smart overachiever type, I tend to like those kinds of characters most of the time. I thought it was odd that she didn't wear a costume, especially since she'd wear clothes during her civilian life. Her body looked kinda cool though, although yet another blue mutant...
Outside of Hope herself, Transonic was my favourite cast member of Generation Hope. Well...maybe Zero, he was pretty interesting.

Holding off Daredevil's release because I'm going to do another costume or two.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

OrWolvie1

Quote from: Podmark on April 10, 2016, 03:26:25 AM
This week I present Transonic of Generation Hope:

Her mutant powers modified her body for high speed flight. She was the smart overachiever type, I tend to like those kinds of characters most of the time. I thought it was odd that she didn't wear a costume, especially since she'd wear clothes during her civilian life. Her body looked kinda cool though, although yet another blue mutant...
Outside of Hope herself, Transonic was my favourite cast member of Generation Hope. Well...maybe Zero, he was pretty interesting.

Holding off Daredevil's release because I'm going to do another costume or two.

First off, let me just say that I'm not at all familiar with Generation Hope, but regardless of that fact, she looks fantastic! Very nicely done, Pod! Can't wait to see what you come up with for DD :)  :thumbup:

BentonGrey

I'm not familiar with the character, but those are some lovely skins, Pod, especially the one with the clothes.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

detourne_me

:thumbup:
I nver read much about her,  but she's got a pretty cool design.  Great stuff, Pod!

Cyber Burn

So, her Mutant Power only let her fly in the Nude? That's just not right.

laughing paradox

DD and Transonic are looking great, Pod!

Podmark

Quote from: Cyber Burn on April 10, 2016, 07:05:18 PM
So, her Mutant Power only let her fly in the Nude? That's just not right.

No she can fly all the time. Her body can also transform for higher speed flight.
For whatever reason the creators didn't give her a costume. Her whole mutation is supposed to be about changing her body to be aerodynamic, so I'm guessing the idea is that a costume would be counter-productive.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

daglob

Where are some unstable molecules when you need them?

AfghanAnt

windblown

Podmark

This week I have two characters Nature Girl and two versions of a Bamf:

Big thanks to Windblown on these skopes. I love the hair he used.

Nature Girl was one of the last new students introduced before Secret Wars. She has the power to communicate with nature. I don't recall her ever talking so she may be mute, but I might just be remembering poorly. I've included her school outfit and a uniform she wore while training in the Nightcrawler ongoing.
Bamfs are miniature creatures based on Nightcrawler. They invested the Jean Grey School and cause all sort of mischief. Nature Girl formed a bond with them due to their powers. A second bonus skin represents Azazel's red Bamfs.
Windblown's awesome skope has a special animation where Nature Girl and a Bamf team up. There's also some cool fxs that will be included when it's released.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

deanjo2000

Excellent work as always.  :D everything is so well done and always a very high standard.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.