News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

the work of evil: umm ok yeah 2/2

Started by deano_ue, February 12, 2011, 01:17:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Wow!  That's almost enough to make me a He-Man fan TUE!  That is just amazingly impressive.  You and Tomato have both outdone yourselves.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Podmark

That truly looks great UE. I really like the metal texture.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

martialstorm

I really like the expression and the extra work put into the clothing.  Great character all round.

spydermann93

Amazing! :thumbup:

So good, in fact, that Skeletor might become jealous and attempt to crash the party :unsure:

deano_ue

Tomato

Goshdarnit, now I'm gonna get guilt for not having finished Skeletor for you yet...

But no, seriously, it was my pleasure man. Besides, after all you've done for the community, you deserved it.

AfghanAnt

I love the extras especially the hair and the fur. Neat effect on the sword too.

Tomato

TUE spammed me on tumblr and via pm about something a bit ago, so it better end up here shortly. If he knows what's good for him  <_<

deano_ue

style

:eek2: WOW!!!!!!!!! I appreciate the skinners even more now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!! I thought skoping took long!
The Ultimate Fan!

Cyber Burn

Now that was a cool watch, thanks for sharing TUE.

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

AfghanAnt

deano_ue

Cheers guys, if you havent seen it my batman speed skin is back a page on here or on my YouTube channel

Outcast

Wow, it's not everyday that we get to see how TUE skins. I find it inspiring and educational at the same time. I've always wanted to see these kind of videos.  :cool:

(how can you not look at the Character Tool?!!) :o

detourne_me

Fantastic!
I love these speed skin videos you do TUE!
Tomato, you're one lucky guy!

Tomato

... so because TUE decided to reward me for helping him finish the Motu skins he's wanted for as long as I've known him, I'm lucky?

Sorry, but that notion bugs me a tad. Getting a reward for doing good things for someone else is not "lucky," it's karma if anything. Now, granted, TUE didn't need to do this skin, and I'm very appreciative of it... but at the same time, it's not like he threw a dart at a wheel of random member names and just happened to hit me, either. And if someone does something nice for me and I repay that, that's not "lucky" either.

Anyway, mini rant over. On to critique:

First of all, I want to say I am blown away by the subtle textures here. The leaves, the metal, all of it is inspiring. I kinda miss the chain mail of the black areas, but the skin looks so nice without it that I'm ok with that. The colors are spot on as well, the reds in particular really pop. I have two minor qualms with it, however (and both are really nit-picky... but then, I've skinned him myself a dozen times, I'm allowed to be nitpicky):

-The shoulderpads extend too far down towards the front of the skin. It's not a huge deal generally, but because of how the highlight is placed on the bicep it makes the shape look a bit funky.
-Ugh... I hate saying this, because the texture on them is just so beautiful... but the shading on the leaves is a bit on the flat side. The leaves curve around the outside of the head, and should be in shadow toward the bottom of the skin. (ironically, this is one of the major reasons I last updated my av skin... the old one had the same problem)

But as I said, those are relatively minor nitpicks in a truly beautiful skin. I love how the face came out, I loved the detail you put into the logo, I love the colors... heck, let's make this simple: I love this skin!

detourne_me

dude, not trying to cause a fight, it's just a figure of speech.

but if you do want to get into something, well...

You are lucky because you have a friend that not only;
a) recognizes your talents as a creator (hence the constant requesting and pestering he mentions)
b) wishes to publicly display his gratitude to you, not only to our little community, but to the greater world at large through a YouTube video
and maybe most importantly...
c) is willing to look past the constant chip you have on your shoulder, and the attitude you show to others that wish for a fraction of the skill (and patience to develop such skill) that both you and TUE possess.

Now, usually I'm not as erudite as this. In fact, in most instances the drooling emoticon is sufficient because that is how i feel.
*i see a great skin >  :drool: > i post reply of :drool: *

However, I'm hoping you can appreciate the fact that when people on the internet post something such as "You're a lucky guy!" They do it innocently, without malice or spite, and just want to provide simple positive support for works of art.

murs47

Tomato

I wasn't mad about it, it's just something that nags at me... it nagged at me when pod posted it to, I just didn't say anything then. It's just that I take issue with the notion that being nice to someone and them being nice back is "lucky"... as though that's such a rare occurance in the universe that we should all be amazed by it when it does happen. The notion just kinda nags at me, that's all.

Podmark

It's actually funny, earlier today I was analyzing the concept of luck in regards to something about my job, I don't remember the exact details but it was about bad luck specifically. I ultimately decided that luck was anything you didn't have direct control over. In this case while this skin is certainly a thank you, there's still an aspect of luck involved, that TUE was willing and able to do it and put such effort in. Alternatively someone could be saying you are lucky to get a skin as opposed to someone else or none at all, and the favor element wasn't really considered.
So I would say it's not wrong to say you're lucky in this case, though I do see your point.

Regardless, I didn't put that much thought into my post. I was basically just saying "Cool" and that was the first thing I thought of.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

deano_ue

Tomato

Cyber Burn

Hey TUE, can you post a close up pic of the skin?

deano_ue

Tomato

Y'know, I really like it even more now that I can actually see all the detail. It feels like some of my older designs for it, where I was going more for a realistic, armor type look then the more stylized, cartoony look I finally ended up with. Even the flaws I mentioned earlier are much less so at the higher resolution.

martialstorm

Love the detail and the video was fantastic  :thumbup:

Cyber Burn

Very nice textures and great attention to detail.

AfghanAnt

deano_ue

skins from as far as over a year ago now available on hero force