Tron Legacy Trailer

Started by GogglesPizanno, March 09, 2010, 08:02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GogglesPizanno

http://www.program-glitch-esc.net/

I dont know how much of it has to do with nostalgia, but This is right up there with Iron Man II levels of excitement for me.

thalaw2

That looks sweet!  And I'm not even turned off by the use of IMAX 3D.  For this movie it makes more sense. 
革命不会被电视转播

detourne_me

I was never really interested in this...until I saw this trailer.
looks great.  really hope it's set piece/wild character driven like the running man/original tron

crimsonquill

Quote from: detourne_me on March 10, 2010, 12:16:04 AM
I was never really interested in this...until I saw this trailer.
looks great.  really hope it's set piece/wild character driven like the running man/original tron

Disney represenatives have said that Tron Legacy makes nods towards the better plot elements from Tron 2.0 (the videogame) but gave writers enough room for a much more modern take on the video world. However the virus villian from Tron 2.0 does made his return in the prequel game for Tron Legacy and sets up the background story behind Flynn disappearing and how he became trapped there again. So I am assuming that the remaining elements of the virus will be story elements in Legacy as well as the rogue programs that took over the gaming grid and turned it into something out of Thunderdome.

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

RTTingle

So nice to see Disney revisiting one of their own true original visions...

... Tron was ahead of its time.  Nice to see it coming back and so strong.  Just think... Flynn, Oscar winner.  :) 

RTT

yell0w_lantern

I'm afraid it will be yet another example of the trailer being better than the movie BUT I am interested.
Yellow Lantern smash!

JeyNyce

Special FX looks good, but it looks like it going to be all about the son.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Gremlin

Quote from: JeyNyce on March 12, 2010, 02:23:26 PM
Special FX looks good, but it looks like it going to be all about the son.

You say that like it's a bad thing. Flynn is an awesome character, no doubt about it, but a developed dynamic between father and son can make a very compelling and dramatic story.

UnkoMan

Oh man that looks so awesome. I just saw this in the theatre in 3D and got all excited.