if we can have a sequel to ffv3r what you wish add? or remove? or...

Started by naitvalis, March 05, 2010, 12:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

naitvalis

i start this topic to know what this comunity dream about an ipotetical sequel of  :ffvstr:

my wishes:
1) ingame costume editor (similar to city of heroes).
2) the old  :ff: system of energy and knokback and many other things...
3) ingame map editor.
4) the possibility of enter in buildings and in vehicles.
5) maybe a new graphic maybe more realistic ...but aniway this is an optional cause  :ff: graphic is good enough for me (not the  :ffvstr: , too cartoonish).

yell0w_lantern

I mostly agree except for the cartoon graphics.
I would like an official easy mod making system like EZScript.
More maps.
Yellow Lantern smash!

deano_ue

wouldn't an in-game character editor really stop the idea of skinners

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on March 05, 2010, 03:11:25 PM

I think skinning would take on a different aspect, in that case.  Skinners would probably focus more on creating artwork of a different quality than what would be included in the game (I say "different" rather than "better" as there are always people that want a different feel for the game, so Kirby-esque, JLU/Timmverse, grim & gritty, and manga would all be different looks that could be embraced in this way), as well as providing art for specific characters that don't exist in the "current" system.  So while they would still be filling the same (or extremely similar) niche they do now, it would be under a slightly different paradigm.

Just my 2?.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

naitvalis

yes i'm with panther_gunn on this, i think an editor can be really the way for skinners to create their "skinverse".

Tawodi Osdi

I would want better Linux support, and I would like to be able pick up civilians for rescuing purposes.

naitvalis

interesting idea tawodi... i think you can pick up civilian via  :ff: editor, modifyng civilian male and female.

BentonGrey

Like others have said, I'd want an FF1-esq energy system, thrown object knockback, and fully integrated versions of FFX and EZScript.  Other than that, I'd like flying melee.  With those features, they could make it with the same graphics as FF2, and I'd buy ten. :P
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

SupaheroTV

better multiplayer lobby, co-op story and prestige settings

Tawodi Osdi

Benton, I definitely should have added flying melee.  Also, in fighting, I hate having to tell ranged fighters to attack every round.  I would rather for them to keep shooting until they or the opponent are down or out of energy.

Kenn

A game engine that is actually backwards compatible with the content from BOTH previous game systems.
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

detourne_me

...like i laid out in my "Open letter to Bioware and Irrational Games" thread,  I'd like to see the franchise brought up to next-gen standards, and taking on the Dragon Age engine.

Sledgehammer

steamteck

Knockback for thrown objects has been mentioned . that's my number one plus no more  pink texture issues for TGAs.

Merchant

Either...

1) A game that focuses more on true multiplayer rather than another storyline, similar to what happened with Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2 now to be followed by The Old Republic (still in development, supposed to be the same game but more Multiplayer than linear storyline).

2) A story that actually almost splits Freedom Force. I recently noticed the FF1 manual states the year is 1962 and the FFvtTR manual states it is one year later 1963. This is around the time Vietnam was becoming more of an issue. Go forward a year or few and have a story where Freedom Force gets asked to get involved in the Vietnam War. Some characters would support it such as Minuteman because he is a patriot but others would be against Freedom Force getting involved. I could see Libertry Lad being against it and this also shows how he is a bit rebellious against what Minuteman wants LL to do similar to when LL wanted to go after Pinstripe and the other team members had to go after him (FF1, Mission 10). Put them up against some familiar communist foes (Nuclear Winter, Red Oktober) and new ones.

Amazo Version 2.2

I like the idea of being able to enter cars and buildings. Maybe update the civilians a bit. In regards to an in-game costume editor, I would be more interested in seeing an included skinning program with the game. I also liked the idea of backwards compatiblity (good call Kenn). Finally, I agree with steamteck, adress the pink skin issues.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

daglob

What about the ability to assign keyframes in the Hero file? Put all your Male Basic compatable keyframes in the folder with the nif, name them separately (keyframes, keyframes1, keyframes2, or keyframessmREN [Superman REN]). When you build a character, it assigns the default KF, but then you change it in an editor (or EZHero).

lugaru

1) Every hero has up to 10 "tags" for example Batman can have Bruce Wayne, JLA, Outsiders, Gotham, etc. That way when you are on the character he would be easily linked to all the costumes Bruce has worn (since they share that tag), all the JLA and Defenders members, all the gotham heroes and villains. It would take a lot of scrolling out when you can use a tag to quickly find every member of a team and send 'em into the rumble room.

2) Multiple power costs: such as limited uses (1 to 10 per mission), refresh times (10 seconds to 2 minutes) and sustained (lose x energy per second). That way you can create a greater variety of heroes without the massive prestige cost. Batman is a notorious example of a low power character who is very expensive, but if he runs out of batarangs that changes his cost and power scale.

3) Up to 5 effects per attack: In case you ever want to hit someone with a flaming piercing mystical poisoned arrow. Seriosly though average attacks need at least 2 effects and more would help.

4) Random Mission generator: between fights you can patrol the town, stop bank robberies, hunt down escaped convicts, stop rampaging monsters and even prevent alien invsasions. Each mission has a suggested level (for example 20,000 prestige) and if you send very few heroes (10k worth) you get double bonuses while sending too much (30k worth) makes it easy but you will likely only get 75% of the rewards.

5) Team Manager: pure random missions on the map with some obligatory plot ones. Build up prestige and get a team good enough to unlock the global map where you fight international and cosmic menaces. Think Freedom Force meets X-Com. Also you can purchase base upgrades (methods of travel, crime computers, com systems, medical bays) and team upgrades (teamwork, loyalty, etc) which benefits all your characters.

6) Sims 3/CO character maker: Meshers can make new parts and skinners can make new logos, patterns and designs but most heroes can be made with the in game editor and sport multiple costumes. Yeah, we have talented folks who do great Marvel/DC heroes but this would help newbies create their own heroes and share them. Maybe your favorite hero will be Captain Cool made by a 14 year old in another country, downloaded from a website everyone uses. And if you want Spiderman? Just download the design that x-skinner made and the gloves, boots and mask made by x-mesher.

7) All sliders go to 11: Freedom force is a world of mid level heroes but I would love to see the game accommodate Superman level characters more easily. If they need a reason they can just put a mega foe at the end so to not populate the main team with cosmic level heroes.

8) Inventory system: characters can carry equipment (x uses) and alternate costumes that have powers built in (oh-oh, Frank Castle is wearing War Machines Armor!). Also items could be used as cheats for power mixes? You could create items like ?vampire blood? which contains all the powers of a vampire or ?adamantium skeleton? as a shortcut to making wolverine style characters. If you feel lazy you could just equip items instead of making a proper hero file and BAM your character is a cybernetic ninja with military weapons.

9) Power modifiers: Experience can be used to buy 10% increases to damage, accuracy, range, duration, resist difficulty and other such things. What is the difference between Cyclops today and Cyclops 10 years ago? The today one has better leadership and can use his powers better.

10) Easy mod tools: just a little bit more drag and drop with lessons learned from FFX, EZ script and other great community creations. Dr. Mike deserves a huge consulting fee.

And the big one: 6 or 8 characters on a mission. 4 is great for the Fantastic Four but other teams suffer from lack of members on the field.

TrajkLogik

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on March 05, 2010, 03:11:25 PM
An in-game skin editor would likely not have every skin type everyone would want. While CoH does have a lot to choose from, it doesn't cover every single type of costume piece or skin. An in-game editor would be a godsend for those wanting to create their own original characters. Skinners would still be around pumping out cool mainstream stuff and maybe even pieces of skins that could be add to the in-game editor, expanding the choices.

I would like to see (or hear) the sounds associated with the FX in the in-game Hero Editor.

Cyber Burn

I hope this makes sense, because I have a killer migraine and am having trouble putting the words down.

Another thing that I would really like to see, is the ability to use multiple "Custom_Character" folders. This way, you could back your folder up onto a disk (while still leaving it on your pc) and then start a new folder with the hero files being able to link to either folder.

herodad1

i'd like to see a person be able to better fine tune the passive defenses. each attack could be raised or lowered for each individual character. example:THE THING:  crushing-8 , piercing-8, fire-7, ice-7, radiation-3....and so on. somebody like Prof.X would be very low across but on mental-9. just better fine tunes each hero/villian.

naitvalis

well as i already said in other topics i'm not a big fan of  :ffvstr: wich have totally disappointed me.
anyway i think in  :ff: must be an editor of character design, cause do meshes and skins for a newbie can be difficoult and frustrating.
I really know any of us dream of build his or her "superheroverse", and for someone is not only a dream cause they have the skill and will to create.
if such an editor will implemented i for example can download the whole afghan ant heroverse with a single click, cause the files are in my editor and i must download only the info to combine them...

daglob

Quote from: daglob on April 26, 2010, 03:55:19 AM
What about the ability to assign keyframes in the Hero file? Put all your Male Basic compatable keyframes in the folder with the nif, name them separately (keyframes, keyframes1, keyframes2, or keyframessmREN [Superman REN]). When you build a character, it assigns the default KF, but then you change it in an editor (or EZHero).

On second thought... put all the keyframes in their own folder in sub-folders named MBkeyframes1, MBkeyframes2, MCkeyframes_SMREN, so on, and still let you assign the keyframes and make it part of the hero file. The main thing this would do is allow you to have each of the characters in your male basic or male heavy folders to have different keyframes. And I have to admit that in my particular case it would save some hard drive space.

Include a point-and-click type of utility that allows you to add SFX and voices. Yeah, I know, it's not that hard, but I still wish it was easier (all I can say is it's a good thing I always back up my dat files). As an added feature, have it check and make sure that there are no duplicate designations for the voices (couldn't get a Superman voice to work becasue it had the same designation as another voice).