News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Conversion of meshes from FFvt3R to FF?

Started by Kenn, February 24, 2010, 05:20:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenn

I know there are conversion programs that covert meshes from FF to FFvt3R but are there any that work the other direction?
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

Previsionary

No, there're no conversion programs that work in the opposite direction. This has been talked about a few times, and the common consensus is that it's possible with 3d programs, but skirts a line of "respect" and such.
Disappear when you least expe--

Kenn

tommyboy

Quote from: Kenn on February 24, 2010, 10:45:26 AM
Respect to whom?

Some meshers are ffv3r only, so the respect part applies to them. If they wanted those meshes in FF they would release FF versions themselves is my feeling.
If you wanted to convert Irrational stuff from v3r to FF, I think that is thought of as OK.

naitvalis

i must admit i like :ff: more then :ffvstr: and see many wonderful  meshes wich i can't use in  :ff: is really a kick in the  :mellow: :mellow:
aniway i use the most recent skins adapted on  :ff: meshes

p.s. after many years of play i totally removed :ffvstr: from my system infact i think irrational have done many steps back compared to  :ff:

Kenn

Of course there were 1000s of meshes released for FF that it's okay to convert to FF3R...

Naitvalis, I hear you.   I've never installed 3rd Reich...

blobula

Sorry for my bad english, I`m still learning.

Previsionary

Quote from: Kenn on February 25, 2010, 04:05:19 AM
Of course there were 1000s of meshes released for FF that it's okay to convert to FF3R...

Naitvalis, I hear you.   I've never installed 3rd Reich...

Key difference, when you're converting to FFv3R (and not every mesh needs it, btb), you're not opening a 3d program and toying around with physiques, bones, and animations... code is being changed. That's not the case with going backwards. You're actually messing with the mesher's work then. Hence, the respect thing.
Disappear when you least expe--

Johnny Patches

oh wow :o serisous stuffage here :P i use  :ff: its my choice tho, i do have  :ffvstr:
played around with it .. but i like  :ff: for many reasons . more content,mods,fx's,
most important less headackes that i got from  :ffvstr: and windows XP w/servce pak 3
to convert it can be done :unsure: kf's are very tricky. i have done it just some research and alot of thought and notes on trial and error...but my point is there arent many meshers left here with newer stuffage i see only tommyboy, V was back for awhile. im learning meshesing and animations ,physique, with help from tommyboy kudos to you brother. i alway like your work . and appreciate your meshes.. but i think nifskope got me in a jam with other meshers with what i can do with it.. pretty much is why i laylow now just a few pm's here and there on tips.. but to show a converted mesh i will never do again..  so i apologize to those meshers i offended.. its just something thats been bothering me sence ren left..
johnny

NomadX

There's a few reasons I would choose the first game over the second. Not having to deal with pink textures is one, though that one is easy to fix. And the other problem which hasn't been solved is floating mesh pieces. It's great that they added dynamic shadows, it's just too bad converted meshes suffer from bits that bob and weave when the characters move. Ah well.

Outcast

I've encountered some skopes/meshes that have parts that bobs and weaves. Detourne Me advised me to lower my video settings ( I've set it from high to medium). It worked like a charm for me. :)

style

If my laptop could recognize alphas I would never use  :ffvstr: AT ALL!!!!
The Ultimate Fan!