Upcoming 2010 Movies

Started by JeyNyce, December 15, 2009, 05:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeyNyce

I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

BlueBard

If that first batch is any indication of the rest, it looks like I'll save money on movie tickets and DVD rentals...
STO/CO: @bluegeek

Trelau

That's two, maybe three movies i'd like to take a look at. And the only one i might consider paying for is "The American" (George Clooney as an assassin) because the cast seems pretty strong. But otherwise...meh. But you only cover american block buster, and the website state itself that some of this movies will be bad but will probably make a good amount of money. So the list miss the all point of what cinema is, unless you're a producer looking for what to invest into.
I scincerely doubt that there won't be good movies made in 2010, and i scincerely doubt that any of these movie are on this list.

BentonGrey

Well, aren't there supposed to be a few superhero movies out in 2010 as well?  I've got to say though, this list looks pretty bad.  There isn't really much there I want to see.  The "Agora" one looked interesting to me until I caught the bit about "Christian-bashing."  That doesn't really seem like my type of movie.  Liam Neeson's involvment with the "A-Team" might be enough to encourage me to go see it.  I really like him.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

catwhowalksbyhimself

This is the first of a nine part series, so it's covering the movies that no one even notices getting released as well as the ones worth seeing.  So be patient a bit.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

bredon7777

Dang y'all are picky- from that list alone I got these:

Must See
________
A-Team
Alice in Wonderland
Black Swan
The Book of Eli
Burlesque

Might take a look at if I have money
The Beaver
Blitz

And there are 8 more parts to go!
"I can't wait to hear this guy's monologue. 'I am the Palindrome! Feel my power! Power my feel! Palindrome the am I!' Peter Piping weirdos." - The Middleman

style

The Ultimate Fan!

catwhowalksbyhimself

JeyNyce

So Far:

A-Team
Death at a Funeral
The Book of Eli

Death at a funeral & The Book of Eli have trailers up on Apple website

Edit: and not yet mention - Kick-a$$
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

The Hitman

Wait till you see Hot Tub Time Machine...

... Yep, it's a real movie.

ubergreendragon

Wow either my eyes are getting bad or Richard Gene is getting old fast when i saw the pic of him for Brooklyn's Finest without reading who was in it i thought it was Ian Mckellen lol

crimsonquill

Quote from: The Hitman on December 18, 2009, 02:38:12 AM
Wait till you see Hot Tub Time Machine...

... Yep, it's a real movie.

I knew about this film a few months ago because one of my friends living in the area was an extra inside of a Goth/Punk bar for a few scenes of the film. I heard so many stories about the young costume designer having no clue what people actually wore in the '80s because my friend got into many arguements over letting small modern things slip by him into those shots (including a Punk wearing a modern Metallica t-shirt and dozens of people wearing watches not found in the '80s) and every goth HAD to have a mohawk (so much they paid extra for anyone willing to get one just to be in those scenes). She came home every day after a week of shooting with a migrane headache because while she was getting paid and getting her name in the credits working with the idiots on the crew was almost not worth the grief.

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

catwhowalksbyhimself

The Hitman

"Furry Vengeance"...

... I'm calling it now. Worst movie of the year.

BentonGrey

I sorta' want to see the "Expendables."  It sounds like a classic 80's action flick, and I can get behind that.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Mr. Hamrick

Quote from: BentonGrey on December 20, 2009, 01:30:48 AM
I sorta' want to see the "Expendables."  It sounds like a classic 80's action flick, and I can get behind that.

Sorta want to see it??  Screw that, I will be there the opening night to see The Expendables!  It's basically the "old guard" and the "new guard" of "cheesy" action movies from the past twenty five years minus three notables.  Chuck Norris (who has made one or two cheesy action flicks during the eighties, I believe for contractual reasons.  No idea why he is not making an appearance.  And seriously no Chuck Norris jokes), Jean Claude Van-Damme (who turned the movie down and I bet will live to regret it), and Steven Seagal (who also turned to movie down because he disliked the producer AND because he is working on a reality show right now).

As for others from that list...

I'll probably go see "13" just for curiosity sake.  In it's original language, the film won multiple awards at Sundance.  For the same director to remake his movie in English has me curious.

"A-Team" will be a guilty pleasure.  I have a few friends that I will probably go with to see it to whom the film will be a guilty pleasure as well.  A couple of those people are not familiar with the original series either.

"The Adjustment Bureau" could be interesting.  I'll wait for the trailer,  though.  Damon is rather hit or miss with me.

"Alice in Wonderland" is a no-brainer.  Of course I will there for a Burton and Depp collaboration.

"B_____ Slap" sounds like another guilty pleasure as well.  However, I am betting it doesn't get a wide release.  If I get the chance, I might go see it.

"Black Swan" is iffy.  However, I will say that I really enjoy Aronofsky's work.  Even if I can barely spell his name.

"The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" comes out two days before my birthday.  This means I will probably hit the theater on my birthday this year.  Heh heh.

"Clash of the Titans" will be a no-brainer for me, too.  Loved the original and want to see how the remake stacks up.

"Date Night" seems to have a fun premise.  I generally abhor Tina Fey, though.  I'm hoping this movie might change my mind about her.  But I might be getting my hopes up.

I will go see "Due Date" and "Get Low" as I have friends who were extras in it and they filmed in GA.  I will go see "Life as We Know It" too with a female friend of mine as well.  In addition to having a friend on the crew, I was an extra in it and might have be a featured extra depending on how they cut the scene.  I suspect that "Get Low" might be shown at the Atlanta Film Festival this year.  I am waiting to find out.

I have hopes for "Edge of Darkness" but not much given the series its a remake of.

If I get the chance to see "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo", I am taking it.  Same goes with "The Girl Who Played with Fire" and "The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest" (which is due out in 2011).

I may go see "The Green Hornet" and I may not.  Though, I probably will.

Hmm, just from the first four pages... sounds like 2010 could be a pretty good year.

Quote from: The Hitman on December 19, 2009, 11:17:44 PM
"Furry Vengeance"...

... I'm calling it now. Worst movie of the year.

And I am disagreeing with you.  "Case 39" will give it a run for the money.  It's being panned as Ren?e Zellweger's worst performance ever.

Reepicheep

I don't see what all the fuss is about Narnia. Its not that great.

catwhowalksbyhimself

The books or movies?

The books are a fantasy classic and surprisingly deep in a lot of ways.  The movies are decent, especially the first one, and are somewhat faithful to the books, again, especially the first one.  Dawn Treader is considered the best book of the series by most (just as Caspian is usually considered the worst) and I've heard some good things about the new director.  As long as they break away from the need for big fighting scenes, which simple don't occur in DT, we may have a good one here.

Reepicheep

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on December 23, 2009, 10:43:17 PM
The books or movies?

The books are a fantasy classic and surprisingly deep in a lot of ways.  The movies are decent, especially the first one, and are somewhat faithful to the books, again, especially the first one.  Dawn Treader is considered the best book of the series by most (just as Caspian is usually considered the worst) and I've heard some good things about the new director.  As long as they break away from the need for big fighting scenes, which simple don't occur in DT, we may have a good one here.

I think someone didn't get my joke. :P

catwhowalksbyhimself

Okay, I've been tired lately.  I see it now, of course.

* skulks into the corners and hides *

Mr. Hamrick

Quote from: Reepicheep on December 23, 2009, 03:54:58 PM

Cat should change his name to Puddleglum if they make a Silver Chair movie.

BWPS

Quote from: Mr. Hamrick on December 24, 2009, 05:36:51 AM
Quote from: Reepicheep on December 23, 2009, 03:54:58 PM

Cat should change his name to Puddleglum if they make a Silver Chair movie.

If? :( That's the one I've been waiting for, it's probably the best in the series (a very good series). Though Dawn Treader is great too. I still haven't seen Prince Caspian though. And Silverchair is the greatest band ever, that can't be a cooincidence!
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.