News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Latest Offerings

Started by Avalon, October 14, 2009, 02:51:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avalon

Working on some characters as they first appeared:

Last Son of Krypton from the Death of Superman (hex of tomstone and vx_quasar and vx_superman with some vx_synapse)  :ffvstr::

Captain American in Captain America Volume 1 Issue 2 with his first round shield  :ffvstr::

AfghanAnt

Neat but that's not what Eradicator looked like when he first appeared and his s-curl is much darker than his hair.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/13469/270314-59001-eradicator_super.jpg

Cap looks really nice.

Avalon

Technically, that is correct, however he is know as the Last Son of Krypton when he premiered in that issue. I've got that other look in the works.

Scorpion13mk2

Those are some sweet arse skins, dude. Especially Eradicator. Im loving them.

murs47

Avalon

Working on Batman First Appearance:

John Jr.

Impressive Batman! Great attention for details!

Scorpion13mk2

Wow. That is a nice looking Batman. If I could offer one suggestion, though, not that the skin wouldnt still be damn good if you ignored it, but maybe there could be a little more ear in the area between the head and the ears. I only say this because it looks like the ears are a little on the skinny side for the costume. Maybe make the ears a little bigger, too.

All that aside, Im really digging these skins. Any chance of a first appearance Superman? All squinty and anti-establishment? Id love to see your take on that.

BentonGrey

That's a cool original Batman, Avalon, and a very clean, bright Cap.  I like 'em! :)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

area34

I would say the only thing I would add to that Batman would be to skope on some cuffs for the gloves. Otherwise excellent job.

Avalon

Fixed the ears. Added the glove cuffs.

Scorpion13mk2

detourne_me

cascarudo

Avalon

I have uploaded Batman, Captain Marvel, and Captain America to my yahoo group:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/avalon26/files/

Avalon

Got two more "first". Actually not their first appearance but more of a retro look from the Justice League/Justice Society yearly team-ups.
Batman is a skope of the Composite Superman-Batman by Renegade. Robin is a hex of Batman from YellowLantern mesh.

Ash4fire

cool i love the old costumes and the golden/silver age !!!

:thumbup: super work !!!

murs47

rasdel

Awesome skins!!! I really like batmans first appearance.

BTW, which bases are you using?? Is are they C6's or are they custome? cause some of them i can't figure them out... Batman's and "Superman" look like C6's but with a twist...

Cheers

AfghanAnt

Quote from: rasdel on March 23, 2010, 07:27:53 PM
Awesome skins!!! I really like batmans first appearance.

BTW, which bases are you using?? Is are they C6's or are they custome? cause some of them i can't figure them out... Batman's and "Superman" look like C6's but with a twist...

Cheers

Looks like he's using either his own or a heavily edited Gryphon base. Either way, excellent skins. Especially Bats.

deano_ue

fantastic work, great skope on bats, how did you do the ears, i though they were a part of the body

BentonGrey

That Batman is absolutely fantastic!  Also, very nice version of Robin, even if I do despise that costume. ;)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

John Jr.

Captain America, The Batmen and the grown up Robin are just great! Congrats!

laughing paradox

Great skins and skopes, Avalon.

What was Earth-2 Robin thinking when he decided to put that collar on his neck?

docdelorean88

Your work is just improving 10 fold! Great job, that skope is fantastic by the way!
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Avalon

The Batman has the cape from Hourman by Renegade. I took the Composite Supes/Bats and "fix" the ears in Blender. Mushed down the Superman hair and added the ears which are part of the head and not attachments.
That base was a bit muscular than the normal male basic by Renegade. I also copied the caps on the belt and flipped them on the left side. Arm fins are from Gren Batman.
Robin's belt is a blender fix so the belt is over the caps. Its more of the old 30-40s belt Batman had.
Base skin is a mixture of Paradox and Old C6 base that I modified.

deano_ue

superb works as i said, hmm blender seems be being used by more and more skinners. i may look into it, is it a large program and simple to use. i wouldn't be doing full meshes just armour and weapons that no one else would have an interest in

Avalon

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on March 24, 2010, 05:01:47 PM
superb works as i said, hmm blender seems be being used by more and more skinners. i may look into it, is it a large program and simple to use. i wouldn't be doing full meshes just armour and weapons that no one else would have an interest in
Blender is easy to use. Just follow Ewzzy's Tutorial and you can't go wrong. http://freedomforce.ewzzy.com/blender.php
If you want some help or need something "Blended", I will do it for you if I can.

Avalon

Hal Jordan the White Lantern and Darkest Night costume:

Podmark

Cool Hal's. I like the face and it's nice to see the White Lantern design.
Also cool that you put those raised symbols on them.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page