News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

distorto: bullseye wip

Started by Distorto, June 21, 2015, 05:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Ahh, I like the update.  I think the face is nicely improved!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

spydermann93

The update looks really nice! A skope by Cyber you say? Even better!

I also love the scaling that you've done! That's something I've been wanting to do with meshes for a long while, now, but I just keep adding more and more, so it only gets worse, haha :P

Cyber Burn

Very nice Skin, and barring any further problems, I should have the finished Skope to you by Friday or Saturday.

Distorto

Daredevil (No Batons), Daredevil (Batons), Daredevil Training, Matt Murdock as Iron Fist, Pre-Daredevil, and Battlin' Jack Murdock!

Just need to clean up the skin's overall and make them more presentable. Add some of the other variant skins as well

Cyber Burn

What a bummer, I wish you had said you were doing "Iron Fist" as well, I could have made sure there were pieces for him on there as well. It's not too late if you want me to add some more pieces. Just let me know.

Distorto

It's supposed to be Matt Murdock as if he became Iron Fist

BentonGrey

Neat!  Daredevil's dad, how cool!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Amazo Version 2.2

nice skins, plus it's always sweet to see cyber's skopes getting skinned.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Distorto on July 19, 2015, 08:32:02 PM
It's supposed to be Matt Murdock as if he became Iron Fist

Gotcha, that's a different story then. Very nice use of the Alpha's.

laughing paradox

These are very cool and unique skins! Welcome to the community.

windblown

Welcome to the forums Distorto. I really like those Daredevil skins, Great work!

Distorto

So I've been working on this Blob skin. I'm trying to make good use of the refl texture map. I feel like it gives it a really nice almost kind of modern graphical look. The upside is it's also a lot faster to do too!

Also, congratulations to the contest winner, daglob

He found a code hidden in the wolverine skin that I released.

detourne_me

That looks really great. I think you should track down some skins by Revenant to take a look at how he did things.  He had a style similar to yours and also really used the refl texture to add a lot of details. His skins may inspire you.

I think most skinners these days have been adding highlights and shadows directly onto the main texture, but it looks like you are going for a more dynamic method of using them on the refl map.

daglob

Hey! Cute. Where can I get him?

You might take a look at some of the reflections and lightmaps I've been doing. You can do some interesting things...

(And I've been looking at the stuff others have done.)

Distorto

Quote from: daglob on July 29, 2015, 11:23:57 PM
Hey! Cute. Where can I get him?

You might take a look at some of the reflections and lightmaps I've been doing. You can do some interesting things...

(And I've been looking at the stuff others have done.)

I'll be sure to send you a message when I finish him up! He isn't quite there yet.

Quote from: detourne_me on July 28, 2015, 01:39:58 PM
That looks really great. I think you should track down some skins by Revenant to take a look at how he did things.  He had a style similar to yours and also really used the refl texture to add a lot of details. His skins may inspire you.

I think most skinners these days have been adding highlights and shadows directly onto the main texture, but it looks like you are going for a more dynamic method of using them on the refl map.

I'll give his work a look, thanks!

I've used nifskope to copy the mysterio_gren sphere to the stomach and to the head area. I've also modified the proportions of the mesh overall, I feel it better reflects the character than the other model I was using.

And for some reason some textures aren't showing ingame, they are pink, even though they work in the ingame character viewer

I'm thinking of going for the original Brotherhood lineup:

Magneto
Toad
Quicksilver
Scarlet Witch
Mastermind
Blob
Unus The Untouchable   

Distorto

daglob

Distorto

all done, I finished up the herofile yesterday too. I just need to see if dm minds if I pack the bullseye_dm mesh with my skins.
I think I may have found my voice actor for Blob too.

I've been using this website called StarNow, it's pretty easy to use and so far I've gotten 18 applications for voice actors. All for free. I'd consider casting someone for Bullseye, but college is starting back soon so I'm not sure
if I'll have a lot of time.

BentonGrey

Hey, nice work here, Distorto!  I think the Bullseyes are particularly nice.  What's this about voice actors?  That sounds really interesting!
God Bless

Distorto

Quote from: BentonGrey on August 15, 2015, 12:35:41 AM
Hey, nice work here, Distorto!  I think the Bullseyes are particularly nice.  What's this about voice actors?  That sounds really interesting!

A great way to get voice actors for free: starnow.com
I have 33 applicants right now.
You don't have to pay them but they want things they can put in their portfolio I guess. I was posting some threads on voiceactingclub to get a voice actor and I got an email from a starnow representative, turns out they need more jobs (even if they dont pay) Some of them even have imdb pages!
It could be awesome to see some more voices for skinpacks or mods

BentonGrey

That is awesome!  Someone should work on collecting new voicepacks for the characters we don't have covered.
God Bless

windblown