Hitman Reviews The Movies - NOW WITH PODCASTS!

Started by The Hitman, July 18, 2009, 11:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hitman

Hey guys, check it out- I'm an honest-to- goodness Movie Reviewer now!

http://www.majorspoilers.com/archives/19090.htm/#more-19090

I've been hired to write a review each week, so when they go up, I'll post them here for anyone who wants to read them.

Previsionary

Look at you, promoting yourself and everything. You should be ashamed of yourself. Yourself and the shameless promoting you're doing.

In other news, congrats (again) on getting the position. Now I no longer have a reason to scold you for not reviewing something. *sigh* This changes our dynamic greatly.
Disappear when you least expe--

The Hitman

Heh, and I almost forgot to mention how much help Premv was with this review. Thanks again for pointing silly things like "spelling" and "correct grammer" to me. Thanks, buddy!

murs47

Yay! Hitman is famous! Please introduce me to Megan Fox, Scarlett Johanson, and most importantly, Catherine Zeta-Jones.

Gremlin

Congrats!

Now we all know your name, MR. DUNHAM! BWAHAHAHA

The Hitman

The Hitman

Comic Book: The Movie Review is UP!

http://www.majorspoilers.com/archives/19705.htm/

Help me out... did the first responder razz me for being wrong in my review or not? I'm having a hard time deciding.

Previsionary

I think he/she agreed and disagreed. Us non-reviewers are allowed to do that, Velma! ^^. *returns to little ol' shack*

The Hitman

JeyNyce

So can we call you bad names when we don't agreed with you???  Oh wait we do that anyway  :thumbup:

Congrats,

Any benefits? Premieres, special screenings?
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

The Hitman

Nah, no benefits yet, although I may have convinced my local video store guy into giving me a discount. :thumbup:

The podcast guys are coveringthe first volume of the Tank Girl comics, I decided to throw this together last-minute:

DVD Review: Tank Girl

The Hitman

This week's review is up:

DVD Review: Free Enterprise

Might try to do a second one this week... so I guess watch for that.

The Hitman

UnkoMan

Hey... I read that Fanboys review by you! Totally randomly finding it on the internet...

Except after reading it I didn't come to the same conclusion you did on it being a good movie.

Still, good job. Way to go! Wotta way to make a buck!

The Hitman

Previsionary

Yay, more Hitman reviews... and yet, I'm suddenly reminded that I'm missing a highlighter. :P

The Hitman

Previsionary

The Hitman

The Hitman

Review: Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

I don't know... I just have this feeling that I'm going to get ripped apart for this review, since it's not strictly 'comic book' related...

The Hitman

In fact, I've just been informed that I am at this moment being ripped apart. Well, looks like this is my last review. Thanks for reading them, guys.

Previsionary

Quote from: The Hitman on September 09, 2009, 04:56:40 PM
In fact, I've just been informed that I am at this moment being ripped apart. Well, looks like this is my last review. Thanks for reading them, guys.

Last review? Hitman, say it ain't so!

The Hitman

Well, the long and short of it is, I picked the wrong movie to review, and the Wrath of the Fanboy came down hard. The site moderator spent all yesterday morning deleting flagrant attack messages. He sent me the worst one, and man... I've never been hated on that much before. It was almost funny. I can post it if anyone wants to read it.

But good news! I can still write reviews! I just can't pick the movies i review until further notice.

GhostMachine

Sgt. Pepper is a movie people either seem to love or hate. The musical performances are mostly great (I actually prefer the Aerosmith version of "Come Together" over the Beatles' version, but Alice Cooper is just awful, for instance), but that's about it. The movie's plot sucks.

I haven't seen it in a while, but do the Bee Gees do "A Day In The Life" in the film, or did they cover that later on? Its another Beatles song done by someone else that I prefer over the original.

The Hitman

Yeah, I really liked Aerosmith's cover of "Come Together." And Earth, Wind, & Fire's "Got to Get You into My Life" was spot- on awesome.

I think the Bee Gees covered that song before the movie was made, but don't quote me on that. I know they had a few covers done earlier in their career.

And I guess I should have been more specific... they didn't rip me for the movie, they ripped me because it wasn't a "Comic Book" movie (despite the fact that it was adapted to comic for in Marvel Super-Size Special #7). One guy went as far as to call me "a talentless, worthless, clueless waste of space." Kinda funny, really.

thanoson

Quote from: The Hitman on September 10, 2009, 11:43:30 PM
Yeah, I really liked Aerosmith's cover of "Come Together." And Earth, Wind, & Fire's "Got to Get You into My Life" was spot- on awesome.

I think the Bee Gees covered that song before the movie was made, but don't quote me on that. I know they had a few covers done earlier in their career.

And I guess I should have been more specific... they didn't rip me for the movie, they ripped me because it wasn't a "Comic Book" movie (despite the fact that it was adapted to comic for in Marvel Super-Size Special #7). One guy went as far as to call me "a talentless, worthless, clueless waste of space." Kinda funny, really.

Oh, you actually got my e-mail?   :P
Long live Slaanesh, Prince of Pain!!!

Previsionary

I'm sorry you got a lot of flak, sir Hitman. Tis the way of the internet. People lose their manners and go straight for the jugular; however, I'm curious about what they sent you. I'd like to know how much I'll have to up my game the next time you upset me (in exactly 1 day from now. :P)

Gremlin

I would actually like to read the post of the gentleman with too much haterade. If it ain't family friendly you can PM me.

kkhohoho

Quote from: Gremlin on September 11, 2009, 06:53:48 AM
I would actually like to read the post of the gentleman with too much haterade. If it ain't family friendly you can PM me.

I second this.
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

The Hitman

PMs have been sent, gents. Anyone else curious can get in to it as well.