Star Wars: the Old Replubic trailer

Started by captmorgan72, June 11, 2009, 12:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

captmorgan72

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/deceived-cinematic-trailer

Does the narrator sound like Malcolm Mcdowell to anyone else?

Courtnall6

That trailer is sick :cool:. If it had Darth Maul and clone troopers it would have been better than the last 3 movies combined! :P

I hear a little Malcolm Mcdowell in the voice...can't say it's him for sure tho...

Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

BWPS

That was awesome. Why does Clone Wars have to be boring and look stupid? This is the way to go.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

murs47

I saw this a couple days ago...epic battles for the win! :cool:

thalaw2

That was the baddest Star Wars battle I have ever seen!!!!!   I was playing with the idea of building a new rig this Summer soz I cud play the latest gamez, but now its confirmed.
革命不会被电视转播

Reepicheep

Man, I can't wait for this game. I really enjoyed SWG in its prime - really hope this reflects it.

Camma

Down in the CoH/V section there is often discussion on what will be the next MMO that the community will gravitate to en masse.  Since this game was announced i have really hoped that it will live up to that dream.  Now I am not usually one to be wow'd be trailer since usually they are usually more mini-movies than representations of actual game play.  But forget all that noise, that clip was awesome!
If for any reason you're not satisfied with our service, I hate you

catwhowalksbyhimself

Some of the history videos are very good too, although not action peaces like this one.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Tortuga

Bioware is easily one of the top 5 developers out there.  Combine that with the Star Wars license and you've got yourself a mega-hit that may even topple WoW.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Well, it looks like they've build a very strong and well thought out story and history behind this.  Apparently the game will take place in the uneasy truce that follows the destruction of the Jedi temple. Now I'm beginning to think that I'd love to see a couple of movies that take place earlier in the war.  Or a series.

Courtnall6

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on June 12, 2009, 01:37:11 AM
Well, it looks like they've build a very strong and well thought out story and history behind this.  Apparently the game will take place in the uneasy truce that follows the destruction of the Jedi temple. Now I'm beginning to think that I'd love to see a couple of movies that take place earlier in the war.  Or a series.

That would be sweet...just as long as Lucas is no where near it.

Tortuga

Exactly, the only way that Lucas should be involved is signing papers that read something like, "I, George Lucas, will allow someone else with actual dialogue and script writing talent to write any Star Wars movies from this day onward."

thalaw2

革命不会被电视转播

TheMarvell

the trailer was freaking awesome!

however, I'm still really saddened by the fact that they are making this an MMO, and not Kotor 3. Due to that fact alone, I'll most likely not be getting it.  :(

catwhowalksbyhimself

Well, notice that they've left a long period of time between KOTOR II and this game, so there's plenty of room in there for KOTOR III.

Reepicheep

Aye, there was an interview where some important guy said this is not KOTOR 3, implying that a single-player KOTOR 3 is still in the works.

Marmeille

That trailer is amazing  :o

I also would rather see KotOR 3 though, but if they make wookiees a playable race I might just play this MMO (I kinda miss my wookiee from SWG sometimes hehe), I'll probably try this game no matter what though, looks too good to not at least try.
Marmeille is the wisest cat ever, EVER!!!
Cool Cape is sometimes made of oatmeal (freaking unstable molecules).
[IMG]http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k30/marma_pix/CivilWarMarm.gif[/img]

JeyNyce

Quote from: Tortuga on June 12, 2009, 03:15:48 AM
Exactly, the only way that Lucas should be involved is signing papers that read something like, "I, George Lucas, will allow someone else with actual dialogue and script writing talent to write any Star Wars movies from this day onward."

George will let Bioware make the game IF they put a JarJar or someone similar in the game. (hopefully you'll be able to kill him off).  :lol:
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Courtnall6

I never understood all the hatred for Jar Jar. I accepted him as comic relief like C3P0 and R2D2 and moved on.

Now what really bugged me about Phantom Menace (aside from Darth Maul's weak death scene) was Jake Lloyd and his horrendous acting. That kid was/is just painful to watch.

electro

A character creator would be very sweet even if it's not very robust - I would have to make a long lost brother to Darth Maul (my fav SW sith) - I wasn't really disapointed in Maul's death thow - He was playing with his kill & it came back to bite him - He could have easily just forced pushed Obi to his death from what he was hanging on to but, he wanted to relish in the triumpth of destroying 2 Jedi's at once - Jar Jar Binks is ok - I like his peoples underwater citys & weapons alot - Playing as a Bounty Hunter in this game might be really fun since they can have rocket packs but, I wonder how Uber they will be in PvP zones :blink:

BentonGrey

Quote from: electro on June 14, 2009, 06:02:21 PM
A character creator would be very sweet even if it's not very robust - I would have to make a long lost brother to Darth Maul (my fav SW sith) - I wasn't really disapointed in Maul's death thow - He was playing with his kill & it came back to bite him - He could have easily just forced pushed Obi to his death from what he was hanging on to but, he wanted to relish in the triumpth of destroying 2 Jedi's at once - Jar Jar Binks is ok - I like his peoples underwater citys & weapons alot - Playing as a Bounty Hunter in this game might be really fun since they can have rocket packs but, I wonder how Uber they will be in PvP zones :blink:

No........just.......no.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

TheMarvell

Jake Lloyd's acting was indeed terrible. But there's a casting call on the DVD's extras, and my god, Jake is actually the best choice out of everyone, as sad as that is. I think making Anakin a young teenager instead of a ten year old boy would have been better. Jar Jar is without a doubt annoying as hell, but I think the hate bandwagon is a little ridiculous. I also liked the gungan city and weapons a lot...I just don't really care for the gungans themselves, lol.

I have a theory: if Jar Jar had a cool British accent instead of that whiny, shrill voice, he would have been cool, lol.

UnfluffyBunny

geek moment:

Darth maul didnt die in episode 1, he actually came back as a cyborg in the star wars visionaries series for a rematch with obi-wan, cause of death, saber ignition point blank against his head

as far as SW:TOR goes, yus I will be there, as part of an online star wars RP community it's gonna be a big thing for me :thumbup:

Courtnall6

Okay...being cut in half is one thing...but how did he survive that fall? And why couldn't he get a pair of regular robotic legs like Vader?  :wacko:

I can believe Boba Fett surviving the sarlacc...but Maul living through that is a little hard to swallow... :P

UnfluffyBunny

technically the triple jointed design would provide a higher mobility and kinetic potential than your regular humanoid design.
just sat and flicked through the story, it dousnt explain either how he survived the fall, nor why he never regained contact with palpatine, it does detail him chasing obi-wan through the force to mos-espa and learning the relevance of luke skywalker, using luke to draw out obi-wan, and thus why owen disliked obi-wan.
also my mistake, obi-wan places his un-ignited lightsaber to maul's forehead, but hesitates, at which point owen shoots maul in the head, which is far less epic than the lightsaber death I somehow remembered >_>.

I know maul becoming a cyborg is mentioned in the general grevious book, i'll have to re-read it to remember what it says.

[rdit]
ooh and boba survived 2 sarlacc's! lol
one regurgitated him not being able to digest his beskar-gam, the second he ignited his jetpack to irritate it.

Courtnall6

A 2nd sarlacc? Did that happen in the comics? I've read most of the extended universe novels but don't recall that.

UnfluffyBunny

trying to remember a fair way back but yeah was in the comics, trying to remember if it was before or after is return to concord dawn and finding jaster's armor

electro

Quote from: BentonGrey on June 14, 2009, 06:12:20 PM
Quote from: electro on June 14, 2009, 06:02:21 PM

No........just.......no.

(LoL) Gungan Hater :blink:

QuoteOkay...being cut in half is one thing...but how did he survive that fall? And why couldn't he get a pair of regular robotic legs like Vader?  

I can believe Boba Fett surviving the sarlacc...but Maul living through that is a little hard to swallow...

When Luke battled Vader & lost his arm & fell to his doom didn't he get sucked into an air chamber & get spit out onto an antena at the bottom of the structure where he was later picked up by the falcon - Maybe the big structures all have these vents & thats what happened to pour old Maul - The bigger question should be why is his horns so tall now :rolleyes:

thalaw2

The what stops his innards from spilling?  Does a light saber seal as it cuts?
革命不会被电视转播

BWPS

Quote from: thalaw2 on June 17, 2009, 03:11:53 AM
The what stops his innards from spilling?  Does a light saber seal as it cuts?
Hey yeah! And why didn't Qui-Gon Jinn disappear when he died? And how come Leia says she remembers her mother who died in child birth being kind, but sad? Of course she was sad, sad that she was dying in childbirth.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.