Star Wars: the Old Replubic trailer

Started by captmorgan72, June 11, 2009, 12:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marmeille

Quote from: BWPS on June 17, 2009, 04:44:27 AM
Hey yeah! And why didn't Qui-Gon Jinn disappear when he died? And how come Leia says she remembers her mother who died in child birth being kind, but sad? Of course she was sad, sad that she was dying in childbirth.

It's her midi-chlorians talking (lol).

Marmeille is the wisest cat ever, EVER!!!
Cool Cape is sometimes made of oatmeal (freaking unstable molecules).
[IMG]http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k30/marma_pix/CivilWarMarm.gif[/img]

TheMarvell

Quote from: thalaw2 on June 17, 2009, 03:11:53 AM
The what stops his innards from spilling?  Does a light saber seal as it cuts?
Hey yeah! And why didn't Qui-Gon Jinn disappear when he died? And how come Leia says she remembers her mother who died in child birth being kind, but sad? Of course she was sad, sad that she was dying in childbirth.

Qui-Gon didn't disappear because he didn't self-sacrifice himself on purpose, unlike Obi-Wan. At least, that's how I understand it. And yes, a light saber seals as it cuts due to how hot it is...with the one exception in episode 4 when Obi-Wan cuts off that cantina thug's arm. There's clearly blood spillage on the floor and coming out of his arm, lol. As for Leia, I always thought maybe she was referring to someone she might have assumed was her real mother but was her foster mother instead. Or...maybe midi-chlorians, lol.

I'm no Star Wars expert, but I do remember reading up on some of these a while back.

Reepicheep

Liam Neeson is too awesome to disappear.

Thats how I understand it, anyway.

BWPS

Quote from: TheMarvell on June 17, 2009, 11:25:30 PM
Quote from: thalaw2 on June 17, 2009, 03:11:53 AM
The what stops his innards from spilling?  Does a light saber seal as it cuts?
As for Leia, I always thought maybe she was referring to someone she might have assumed was her real mother but was her foster mother instead. Or...maybe midi-chlorians, lol.

From what I've read, it's the second. She knew the Organa's were her adopted parents and that's why he specified REAL mother when he asked her.

As far as Qui-Gon goes, that's still not a good answer as Yoda disappeared after dying of old age. New Star Wars stuff is so bullcrap.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

UnfluffyBunny

darth maul's horns got taller because zabraks horns grow >_>
obi-wan and yoda were comitting themselves to become one with the force, qui-gon wasnt.
lightsabers are actually electromagnetic arcs which reverberate with the crystal, they emit a certain distance before being pulled back on themselves, which is why they dont go on forever, and some sabers vary in length (little known fact, Darth Vader used a "dual phase" saber, which had 2 crystals, a switch on his hilt was used to change them, the 2nd crystal made his lightsaber longer by about 50%) but back on point, yes they cauterise isntantly if used correctly, lightsabers, against popular belief, actually do have mass, which is why some forms make use of a dual handed stance like you would have a real sword. the user needs to exert pressure in order to "make a cut"
[/geekiness]

Sevenforce

Quote from: UnfluffyBunny on June 18, 2009, 03:51:00 AM
obi-wan and yoda were comitting themselves to become one with the force, qui-gon wasnt.
lightsabers are actually electromagnetic arcs which reverberate with the crystal, they emit a certain distance before being pulled back on themselves, which is why they dont go on forever, and some sabers vary in length (little known fact, Darth Vader used a "dual phase" saber, which had 2 crystals, a switch on his hilt was used to change them, the 2nd crystal made his lightsaber longer by about 50%) but back on point, yes they cauterise isntantly if used correctly, lightsabers, against popular belief, actually do have mass, which is why some forms make use of a dual handed stance like you would have a real sword. the user needs to exert pressure in order to "make a cut"
[/geekiness]

But...could it cut superman? :huh:
I so need booze -_-

Talavar

Quote from: Sevenforce on June 18, 2009, 11:45:15 AM
Quote from: UnfluffyBunny on June 18, 2009, 03:51:00 AM
[/geekiness]

But...could it cut superman? :huh:

No.

BWPS

Unless of course a kryptonite crystal was used in the construction.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.