A-Team Movie

Started by JeyNyce, June 09, 2009, 07:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeyNyce

Look Like they are serious this time:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/09/liam-neeson-in-talks-for-_n_213005.html

I can't see anybody play BA though.  Who can replace Mr.T?
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

catwhowalksbyhimself

Nobody can replace Mr. T, fool!
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

cripp12

What no Owen Wilson or Ben Stiller.

The Hitman

Why replace him? Why not cast Mr. T? He's not that old/out of shape.

GrizzlyBearTalon

Quote from: The Hitman on June 09, 2009, 09:17:36 PM

Mr. T Nixes 'A-Team' Movie Cameo

My guess is they don't want him is the main reason. It seems kind of odd to try to start a new franchise (which is generally the aim of any of these rehashes) with the old players around. Most want to start fresh and the last thing they want are any relics of the past (at least as main characters) reappearing as anything other than a cameo. Not to mention if they replaced everyone else and kept Mr. T he's obviously a LOT older than the other actors they'd probably pick up.

Though admittedly it would be sweet to see them reuse all the old stars, three out of four wouldn't be too bad.

Anyways, this movie has been rumor circulating forever. I doubt it may ever actually see the light of day.

If I was gonna replace Mr. T with anyone I'd go with Ving Rhames.

The Hitman

Michael Clarke Duncan.

GrizzlyBearTalon

Quote from: The Hitman on June 09, 2009, 09:36:54 PM
Michael Clarke Duncan.

Not a bad choice at all, I could get behind that.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Personally, I think this is one of those things that should never ever be remade, because there's no possible way in which a remake could possibly add anything to it.

JeyNyce

Thinking about it now, I wonder what van will they use.  The van was one of the cool parts of the show.

Reepicheep

I had doubts, but Liam Neeson always makes me happy.

detourne_me

Ice Cube for BA Baracus!

stumpy

Actually, I think the IMDb cast list isn't a bad lineup. (I assume the IMDb page for the movie is all fan speculation at this point, e.g. the synopsis still has them as Viet Nam vets.) I just saw Bradley Cooper in The Hangover and thought he was pretty good.

However, I do tend to agree with cat's comment that there is an instinct to cringe when I hear about some of these remakes because there is very little that can be added to the concept. "Modernizing" it with better special effects would take away from the humor and camp nature that made the originals hits. When I catch a repeat of the original series, I enjoy it because of how over-the-top it is to see BA looking at an old manure spreader and a cutting torch and then, in the next scene, he has turned the team's Kozy Kar-style van into an armored tank, complete with machine gun turrets and flame throwers.  :lol:
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

thalaw2

Quote from: GrizzlyBearTalon on June 09, 2009, 09:25:23 PM
Quote from: The Hitman on June 09, 2009, 09:17:36 PM

Mr. T Nixes 'A-Team' Movie Cameo

My guess is they don't want him is the main reason. It seems kind of odd to try to start a new franchise (which is generally the aim of any of these rehashes) with the old players around. Most want to start fresh and the last thing they want are any relics of the past (at least as main characters) reappearing as anything other than a cameo. Not to mention if they replaced everyone else and kept Mr. T he's obviously a LOT older than the other actors they'd probably pick up.

Though admittedly it would be sweet to see them reuse all the old stars, three out of four wouldn't be too bad.

Anyways, this movie has been rumor circulating forever. I doubt it may ever actually see the light of day.

If I was gonna replace Mr. T with anyone I'd go with Ving Rhames.

I can kinda see his point...but yeesh it's just a movie cameo.  Pass the torch on man! 
革命不会被电视转播

catwhowalksbyhimself

Now, I'm not against all remakes, it just depends on what can potentially be added, or how the original relates to modern audiences.  The new Star Trek movie, for instances, actually uses the fact that it's a remake as part of its plot, thus adding something to the story.  The Transformers movie updated the story to make it accessible to modern adult audience, thus adding something.

I see no reason how this could do so.  The cast was already perfect, the setting and concept plays out exactly the same in modern times as it does back then, and modern audience still understand the Vietnam War, so really, what could they add?

GrizzlyBearTalon

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on June 10, 2009, 01:28:33 AM
Now, I'm not against all remakes, it just depends on what can potentially be added, or how the original relates to modern audiences.  The new Star Trek movie, for instances, actually uses the fact that it's a remake as part of its plot, thus adding something to the story.  The Transformers movie updated the story to make it accessible to modern adult audience, thus adding something.

I see no reason how this could do so.  The cast was already perfect, the setting and concept plays out exactly the same in modern times as it does back then, and modern audience still understand the Vietnam War, so really, what could they add?

More explosions?

If anything it would end up like the Miami Vice remake and end up as a serious movie instead of a over the top antics of the show thus losing the spirit of it all. Though some people liked the movie, and some liked the show. Me, I've never bothered to watch the whole movie and I hated that TV show I was just pointing out an example.

Uncle Yuan

More explosions and people actually getting shot.  And given the trend in movies these last several years it would be lots and lots of people actually getting shot.  And explosions.
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

style

The Ultimate Fan!

JeyNyce

The Hitman

Wait for it...

I PITY THE FOO who decided on The Game as a suitable replacement for Mr. T.

thalaw2

Why do they have to go with a rapper anyway?  There are so many other good black actors out there and there ae better rapper actors.  I would think that Eamonn Walker would be best.
革命不会被电视转播

style

I think this is a good choice:
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/42280

But they gotta get Jim Carrey!
The Ultimate Fan!

Uncle Yuan

Quote from: style on September 08, 2009, 05:38:48 PM
I think this is a good choice:
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/42280

But they gotta get Jim Carrey!

For Murdoch?  Not a horrible choice looks wise, but here's way too big to do an ensemble movie.  Plus, he seems to be trying to move away from the "wacky" characters.
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

thanoson

Hmm... Rampage is good. He's also got a side of humor to him if you watch his promos and stuff. But there's one guy I think would be even better; Kimbo Slice. He is ugly and one scary dude.
Long live Slaanesh, Prince of Pain!!!

thalaw2

Quote from: thanoson on September 09, 2009, 02:16:55 AM
Hmm... Rampage is good. He's also got a side of humor to him if you watch his promos and stuff. But there's one guy I think would be even better; Kimbo Slice. He is ugly and one scary dude.

That's the best choice I've seen.  But can he act?
革命不会被电视转播

Shogunn2517

style

The Ultimate Fan!

style

The Ultimate Fan!

BentonGrey

That.........looks a little awesome.  I have to say, I'm surprised.  It looked like a nice mix of nostalgia and action.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Podmark

Yeah it looks pretty cool, I'll definitely see this as a rental at least. It looks like they've done a good job recreating the original while updating it for a summer movie.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

deano_ue

guys one problem

it's being made by fox