Murs47's Casa de Crazy: Marvel Girl [Marvel Legacy] 6/2019

Started by murs47, June 05, 2009, 01:21:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Jr.

The costume is perfect! I wish I could drawn highlights and seams like you! The hair needs some adjusts, specially the part under the wig.
The face is great too!

Podmark

Nice job Murs. The costume is really well done.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

AfghanAnt

laughing paradox

BentonGrey

Nice work on the fabrics.  Ha, another character I don't know. :)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

area34

That hair always gives me problems but I couldn't find anything close to his hairstyle for his skope. I think if you move it down some and alpha the top of his head (so it doesn't clip) it will look fine.

Any chance you might do the new Cap costume? I would be more than happy to twenty two ska doo a skope of it for you. :D

murs47

Quote from: John Jr. on April 18, 2010, 01:29:50 AM
The hair needs some adjusts, specially the part under the wig.

I saved the hair for last and just plowed right through it just to get it done. I also forgot to do his eyebrows. :doh:

Quote from: area34 on April 18, 2010, 05:07:32 AM
Any chance you might do the new Cap costume? I would be more than happy to twenty two ska doo a skope of it for you. :D

Ha! I've actually skoped it already. Can't say I like what I've skoped though. I can send it your way and you can edit it or scrap it and build a new one from scratch if you want. Let me know.

Podmark

Glad to hear you're planning to do Steve's new costume.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

area34

I'll take a look at it but I'm sure yours is fine.

murs47

Quote from: area34 on April 19, 2010, 04:24:07 PM
I'll take a look at it but I'm sure yours is fine.

I'd actually like to see what you'd come up with so I'll send what I have so far.

area34

That's cool. I'm having a thrall of a time getting the seams to line up with my Kick-A$$ mask so I could use a break.

murs47

Quote from: area34 on April 19, 2010, 05:25:06 PM
That's cool. I'm having a thrall of a time getting the seams to line up with my Kick-A$$ mask so I could use a break.

Cool, thanks. ^_^

area34

I don't see what the problem is. Other than "the not being left handed problem" that the Winter Soldier skope had also he seems fine to me. I stuck c6's superpatriot skin on it since the oufits design is similar and I'm not seeing distortions in the chest.

murs47

When the stripes transition into the shoulder is when things get nutty. I'm contemplating going with a slimer build because the stripes and star are the focal point of the design.

murs47

Here's my shot at Steve. I don't really like my skope...at all. If Area has time to skope a better one I'll adapt the skin to his. This is the first skin I've ever saved a back up for and used numerous layers so it should make it an easy transition. I took out the red stripe running along the legs. I just didn't like that design decision.

Podmark

Looks pretty good Murs. Honestly I'm not sure how much more could be done with skope, unless you don't like this body.

Did you cut out the chain mail from the design? I think you should add it, I think it worked well with the design.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

John Jr.

Great face, Murs! very expressive.
I like the colors too.

murs47

Quote from: Podmark on April 22, 2010, 03:19:50 AM
Looks pretty good Murs. Honestly I'm not sure how much more could be done with skope, unless you don't like this body.

I just wish there was something more I could so about the boot thingies. Because it's so thin in that area it makes him look a bit top heavy.

Quote from: Podmark on April 22, 2010, 03:19:50 AM
Did you cut out the chain mail from the design? I think you should add it, I think it worked well with the design.

I forgot all about that. I'll give it a try.

Quote from: John Jr. on April 22, 2010, 03:22:12 AM
Great face, Murs! very expressive.
I like the colors too.

Thanks JJ ^_^

Blkcasanova247

Colonel 47...you know I love your work....I just can't get past how much I DESPISE this new uniform. :angry: K...That said...the face is great. I maybe deepen the blue, make the hair a little more "golden" and put the stupid deep red stripe on there...it kinda does tie this poorly designed costume together. AAARRGHH! I really hate Marvel sometimes....only sometimes.
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

murs47

How's this look Pod?

Quote from: Blkcasanova247 on April 22, 2010, 04:06:49 AM
Colonel 47...you know I love your work....I just can't get past how much I DESPISE this new uniform. :angry: K...That said...the face is great. I maybe deepen the blue, make the hair a little more "golden" and put the stupid deep red stripe on there...it kinda does tie this poorly designed costume together. AAARRGHH! I really hate Marvel sometimes....only sometimes.

Once I figure out the chain mail thing I'll fiddle with the blue again. But the red stripe...yuck! I changed the hair color, how's that?

Podmark

Pretty good. I might try a little smaller chain mail but otherwise it looks good, I like it better this way. The hair colour change is good too.

I might go with a darker blue, hard to say. The Djurdjevic design looks darker - and I think his is the best pic of it, but the Pacheco version is a lighter blue. Deodato seems to be using the darker blue as well. And I'd put the red strip back in myself, the design looks incomplete without it.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

detourne_me

Wow, this is the first time I've seen the new designs for Steve Rogers and hot dof i think they're really cool.
You can really see the '40s inspiration in the gloves/belts and boots.  Like he is a soldier from WW2, like a frog man or airborne.
Then the standard superhero spandex kind of meshes with it to create the modern day warrior/agent like Sam Fisher.

I think you've done an outstanding job Murs.  I kind of like the red stripe because it is reminiscient of '40s stylings, but I understand why you took it out.

I think a darker blue would be cool. and the chain mail... hmm, maybe take a look at some of TUE's recent skins with his hexagonal imprint.

I'm looking forward to release that's for sure!

Blkcasanova247

It's movin in the right direction. The chain works....but a little smaller like Pod says. Maybe do a version with the "dumb" red stripe and one without. ;)
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

laughing paradox

I really like the design, actually, and the face and hair look perfect. I agree about the chainmail.. and put the red stripe in!

Are you thinking about doing the new line-up of the Avengers?

murs47

I like the middle one most.

As for the red stripe, it just looks thrown on rather than designed to give it that "Captain America" feel. *vomits* Excuse me.

I'll make two versions I guess. :P

Quote from: laughing paradox on April 22, 2010, 02:46:00 PM
Are you thinking about doing the new line-up of the Avengers?

I'm undecided. Nova was just a coincidence and Steve I really wanted to do but the others not so much.

Podmark

I like the middle or last one (actually I can't tell the difference). Good job Murs.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

detourne_me

Steve sure looks like he can kick some butt now.  your interpretations just keep looking better and better murs!
in the comics, will steve be the new head of shield? what's going to happen to fury?

hoss20

I think the skin(s) look great and adding the chainmail was definitely the way to go. I do have a problem with the mesh itself, though. The head seems a bit too big, although in heroic renders, this is common. The main thing is the neck thickness. It seems really disproportionate. For all his development, Steve should look like a Nebraska linebacker, but it seems a bit too much. Actually, it could be that the shoulders are too narrow for the the muscularity of the mesh. (I have a degree in Kinesiology, so forgive me if I'm nitpicking)

murs47

Quote from: Podmark on April 22, 2010, 03:24:08 PM
I like the middle or last one (actually I can't tell the difference). Good job Murs.

You can't tell? Hmmm...perhaps I still need to figure out my color profile.

Do these all look the same:

Quote from: detourne_me on April 22, 2010, 04:11:59 PM
in the comics, will steve be the new head of shield? what's going to happen to fury?

I'm not sure. I know he'll be leading this 'Secret' Avengers team. As for Fury, nothing has been said of his role post Siege. I'm gonna guess he stays underground to continue his fight with Leviathan and Hydra.

Quote from: hoss20 on April 22, 2010, 04:42:43 PM
I think the skin(s) look great and adding the chainmail was definitely the way to go. I do have a problem with the mesh itself, though. The head seems a bit too big, although in heroic renders, this is common. The main thing is the neck thickness. It seems really disproportionate. For all his development, Steve should look like a Nebraska linebacker, but it seems a bit too much. Actually, it could be that the shoulders are too narrow for the the muscularity of the mesh. (I have a degree in Kinesiology, so forgive me if I'm nitpicking)

I feel the exact same way about the build, the neck/trap area in particular (he must love doing shrugs).

style

The Ultimate Fan!