Tomato's Meshes: Mirror Mirror time again! (05/25/13)

Started by Tomato, March 16, 2009, 11:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

Quote from: Xenolith on August 02, 2009, 02:00:01 PM
Would Two-Face be able to weild two rings?

... I'm sorry, this might be my tiredness talking but... WTF?

Anyway... on another note... I've looked back through some of my/my dad's comic archives, and I'm beginning to see your original point Cas. Personally, I prefer this look for him, but doubling up on my hair types isn't hard. The hard part was that messiness, which can be duplicated now that it's made.

Speaking of that archives thing... if there's any particular stories involving two face you think I should check out, list it here... I'm on a bit of a comic reading binge now, so I'll look back/look for a copy of anything you suggest.

daglob

Drive Sinestro crazy; yellow or green ring/corps depending on the flip of a coin? I may have to skin that.

Coin flip animation: gotta have it in the Power animation too.

... or... waitaminute... could you have the coin toss be a kind of transform animation between Twoface good and Twoface Bad?

Now, that would be cute: every once in a while he transforms back and forth between two alternate "forms" identical except one is Generic Villain and one is Generic Hero. Would this work?

Trelau

i think taht could work...accidental change with a timer/random would do the trick for the transformation. then the problem of good bad you'd have to manually add him to the kind of list cops and thugs uses in the core game (i'm not much into scripting...)

tomato: if you're looking for good Two Faces story:
_Batman: The Long Halloween (1996/1997) is probably where you'll want to start (very good story, and a real mystery about who's on what side)
_Batman Annual 14 (1990) is a good origin story of the character, really going deep into the character motivation
_BAtman: Faces (1992) has two face as a main character, but i don't really remember the plot...something about creating a nation for circus freak if i remember well

cascarudo

Tomato

I'm honestly not that big on hero files, but wouldn't having a 50% chance of going berserk accomplish the same sort of thing? I dunno, not quite my area.

Tomato

Finished off the last of my double duo of hair meshes... thought I'd show them off before I got to work on my next major piece.

*looks at next big piece and cringes* Meh... sorry guys, this might take awhile.

Blkcasanova247

I think you hit it right on the head (pun intended) brother!  :lol: :thumbup:
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

Tomato

Ok guys, I've got the day off tomorrow, and I think I'd like to spend the day dabbling on a few different pieces... Begin work on my female mesh most likely, some different pieces for Two-Face, that sort of thing. On that note, since invariably some of those meshes will be guns for Two-Face... I was wondering if anoyone had any specific weapons they think I should include. My to-do list ATM is...

-A .22 caliber pistol (with a hexable baby-bottle silencer, ala LH)
-Two Generic Double-barrel pistols
-A Generic Double-barrel Shotgun.

I'm not really a gun person though, so any ideas or whatever would be appreciated.

Blkcasanova247

Quote from: Tomato on August 04, 2009, 05:11:16 AM
Ok guys, I've got the day off tomorrow, and I think I'd like to spend the day dabbling on a few different pieces... Begin work on my female mesh most likely, some different pieces for Two-Face, that sort of thing. On that note, since invariably some of those meshes will be guns for Two-Face... I was wondering if anoyone had any specific weapons they think I should include. My to-do list ATM is...

-A .22 caliber pistol (with a hexable baby-bottle silencer, ala LH)
-Two Generic Double-barrel pistols
-A Generic Double-barrel Shotgun.

I'm not really a gun person though, so any ideas or whatever would be appreciated.

I think you'd be good with just the pistol or a revolver. The other guns would be great but ultimately superfluous in my mind. How's it going with your "female_basic" mesh?

Tomato

Not at all, heh... I've been kinda distracted of late. Like, I'll get really creative at night but I end up having to go to bed due to work, or I'll plan to spend a day doing stuff and then play a video game all day (Current game of choice=Lego Batman DS). I am, at least for now, motivated to work on Two-Face though, so we'll see how that goes... I need to send some PMs and make a request topic first though.

Blkcasanova247

Don't make me come to England to "motivate" you myself. :angry: I am a "terrible" task master to my subordinates and work...but it all gets done. No more video games or I'll crush your head like a grape. :angry: :P In all seriousness I get it man...sometimes I get home so late that all I wanna do is veg-out. But like you I'm a night owl so most of my creativity comes at night. I'm sure that the motivation will hit you when it hits you. ;)

Tomato

Umm... you can go to England all you want Cas... I live in Maryland.  :huh:

Blkcasanova247

Like I said...I'll come to Maryland. :P Don't correct me I knowz what I sayin'...maybe not. I don't know why I thought that. :huh: :doh:

Xenolith

Those Tomatos can be tricky vegetables.  I mean fruits!  See how they do that.   :P

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Xenolith on August 07, 2009, 12:19:20 AM
Those Tomatos can be tricky vegetables.  I mean fruits!  See how they do that.   :P

vegetable, fruit, whatever. :D he can still be squashed if he doesnt get back to work on two-face  :P

Tomato

I'm curious how I can get back to work when I've been squished.

Blkcasanova247

The threat of "squashing" is ever present...thats what you should keep in mind as you work. :P

Tomato

Oooooor... I can watch Burn Notice for now, and then work on it later... while keeping the episode in my mind.

deano_ue

I believe in tomato

i can't believe no one got to that joke before me

Gremlin

Tomato

Quote from: Gremlin on August 08, 2009, 12:38:11 AM
Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on August 07, 2009, 12:13:05 PM
I believe in tomato

Funny, nobody else does.

Just for that, everyone else gets the mesh and you don't.

Really guys, I've got 3 guns to mesh, and that's about it. I'm already talking to skinner(s) and animators. It's coming this time.

Gremlin

docdelorean88

"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Tomato

Edit: I've removed the original content of this post because it was posted in anger and blamed them for something that was more a product of laziness then outright spite against me, for which (if he read it before this edit) I apologize. In short: I have to edit the standard for my male_basic_tm mesh today rather then work on the two-face mesh like I'd planned, but the upside is that the three MB variants should be up by tomorrow.

I did, however, have a question for the skinners/meshers here... I still have yet to start my female mesh, but I just came across Artemis' excellent re-skin of Eve... and it occurs to me that with some minor tweaking (and some major re-mapping) Eve is far closer to a super-heroine build, IMO, then the female basic-types. Now, it means more work on my end (remapping, rephysique, etc) but... would you guys prefer Eve as a base?

Sioux City Dynamo

Hi Tomato....my preference is female_versatile.  I have liked some of the meshes that Renegade and YL have come up with off of that mapping...

Just a thought....
Io

Tomato

Quote from: Sioux City Dynamo on August 10, 2009, 03:12:44 AM
Hi Tomato....my preference is female_versatile.  I have liked some of the meshes that Renegade and YL have come up with off of that mapping...

Just a thought....

See, I've looked at that one also, but unfortunately it shares many of the same proportion issues as the other female_Basic meshes... all three seem short, have twiggy arms (FV is probably the best of those, but still not great) cartoonishly short torso, and malformed bo... er... chest, and wide hips. Really, Irrational's "basic" female meshes are plain bad in general. Eve, on the other hand... I'd obviously want to remap her so she isn't character-specific, but there isn't nearly as much actual "mesh work" nescessarily... there are a few issues, but I can correct those easier then I would with the other meshes.

Now, I don't mean to belittle the suggestion... originally my plan had been to use either Female_longhair or Female_Versatile and work from there. But Eve really is just a much better mesh.

In the meantime, here's the completed version of Male_Basic_TM, as well as it's variants, Male_FullMask_TM and Male_DPMask_TM.

All three meshes will soon be included on NPI.

vamp

Blkcasanova247

I think Eve would be a really good choice to base this new mesh on. The Eve hair of course would need to go....but the basic build is good....I do get the feeling that she's gonna take some work. I'm really not a fan of the female basic or female versitile and she is an infinitely better choice. I also like the body on Green Genie...she'd probably take even more work (exported as obj file...rigged...head, neck and feet remeshed and remap the whole shebang.) . I hope that with Eve you'll consider doing different builds....a little slimmer and shorter for a teen...a little taller, more muscular with larger breasts for the more "classic" Super Woman archtype and even something in between. Oh and by the way...fantastic work on those male basics! :thumbup:

Ewzzy

I love the idea of using the Eve mesh. It's always been my favorite female mesh, but with the awkward mapping it's hard to do most characters with it.

Also: Does your new male_basic_tm mesh use specific keyframes or is it bale_basic compatable? I'm excited about trying out your new mesh.

Tomato

Quote from: Ewzzy on August 10, 2009, 05:14:13 AM
I love the idea of using the Eve mesh. It's always been my favorite female mesh, but with the awkward mapping it's hard to do most characters with it.

Also: Does your new male_basic_tm mesh use specific keyframes or is it bale_basic compatable? I'm excited about trying out your new mesh.

It's male_basic compatible, yes. I'm not that good an animator, and I figure MB keys are the most versatile anyway.