Tomato's Meshes: Mirror Mirror time again! (05/25/13)

Started by Tomato, March 16, 2009, 11:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghazkul

Hey Tomatoe, I love your work man! Can I ask youi a favour though? You're RedAnt_V2 mesh is great and I plan on using it for a House Of M Ironman. But it;s missing some stuff and has some it doesn't. Could you either release r send me a skope of the mesh without the shoulder pads and, if possible, with a gundam-esque head? I know it's a big ask, but if anyman can you can!

Ewzzy

Are you trying to tell me it isn't compatible with Christian Bale's keyframes? That's just irresponsible.

Curse my bad typing!

Tomato

Quote from: ghazkul on August 10, 2009, 04:56:28 PM
Hey Tomatoe, I love your work man! Can I ask youi a favour though? You're RedAnt_V2 mesh is great and I plan on using it for a House Of M Ironman. But it;s missing some stuff and has some it doesn't. Could you either release r send me a skope of the mesh without the shoulder pads and, if possible, with a gundam-esque head? I know it's a big ask, but if anyman can you can!

First, it's a skope, not a mesh... uses mostly pieces from Tommy's Iron Man-type meshes with only a few additional pieces of mine. Second, I'm not going to... what you ask is fairly simple to do in nifskope, and I would encourage you to do it yourself.

Mystik

hey tomato any chance of seeing teen versions of the male basic meshes?

Tomato

Quote from: Mystik on August 10, 2009, 10:32:06 PM
hey tomato any chance of seeing teen versions of the male basic meshes?

I want to make some, yes. I'd like to do something along the lines of a Ren's Superboy build, but which will use the regular old MB keys...

Tomato

Curse you Mystik, I worked on this all day instead of two face (also, reason meshes won't be up is twofold... one, I'm lazy, but two I discovered an issue with my male_basic_tm max... corrected now, but it took me an hour or so to fix... had to move vertecies back into place from the torso down)

As for this Teen mesh... looking for any input you all might have.

Blkcasanova247

Very cool bro! Very cool indeed! :thumbup: I think you hit it right. ;)
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

Podmark

oooo teen mesh. Podmark needs. Seriously teens will be like 60% of my skinning output over the next year. All those darn X-kids won't skin themselves.

How does it compare in size to Male_basic?

EDIT: The only things I might suggest right now is maybe a rounder head, but I'm not even sure that is necessary, and if possible maybe less broad shoulders.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Quote from: Podmark on August 11, 2009, 04:16:46 AM
oooo teen mesh. Podmark needs. Seriously teens will be like 60% of my skinning output over the next year. All those darn X-kids won't skin themselves.

How does it compare in size to Male_basic?

EDIT: The only things I might suggest right now is maybe a rounder head, but I'm not even sure that is necessary, and if possible maybe less broad shoulders.

-waiting for more critique from murs (he's "working on it") before I say final, but here's a vastly updated preview for the teen mesh, which should be a bit clearer without max's stupid lighting idiocy.

In terms of size... right now it's probably slightly higher then MB, but I'm gonna shrink it down to ~.93 using the handle node, so that it can still use the MB keys

Mystik

that looks great, cant wait 2 get my hands on it (got a few skopes waiting)

Tomato

I was gonna release what I had (the Male Basics+Teen) sometime this morning... but I think I'll wait until AA finally sees this thread before I release the teen mesh. Partly because I'd value his opinion on any alterations to make, but mostly because I wanna see his reaction to it before I release it  :P.

In the meantime... to prove I haven't been ENTIRELY slacking off playing vidjamagames, here's something that took me most of today to finish. It's a Double Barrel Handgun, one of 3 weapons (this one will be used in both hands) for the Two Face mesh.

I should point out, however, that the material on it is Max's chrome effect, in lieu of any skin work.

Outcast

I would just like to agree here that the Eve mesh is a good choice for your new female mesh. :)

The new male basic and male basic teen mesh both look ok to me.
Any chance they will be compatible for male cape keyframes too?
I'd be very interested to see how your female teen mesh would look like if ever there would be one in the future.  :P

Oh and great job on the double barrel handgun.   :cool:

Tomato

Quote from: Outcast on August 14, 2009, 08:48:16 AM
Any chance they will be compatible for male cape keyframes too?

Not really, but adding the cape node is an easy skope. On the off chance I have time tomorrow before or after work I'll include it. Need to double-check some stuff in the zips anyway... most everything is done (not doing portraits here, I don't expect you guys to use "naked" superheroes) just need to spend a few minutes putting together thumbnail pics... but not tonight. Work tomorrow, need sleep. Niiight.

Tomato

Blkcasanova247

Zivon23

You know...this means I have to create a new Male_Basic_TM folder.  My original Male_Basic_TM folder was for all my MB Taskmaster basic meshes.  Now I have to rename, resort, redo, re[insert appropriate word] my folders.  errrrrrrrrrr..... damn kids.......
Shakes fist at Tomatoe! :)

~Z23~

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Podmark

Got the new meshes tonight. Already working on a character for the Teen mesh. New mapping is going to bug me at first though.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Oh, trust me, I fully expect it to get on everyone's nerves... But, in the long run, it IS more versatile.

Also, an announcement: I noticed something odd about the face shape... you can only really see it at certain angles, but basically the area right beneath the cheakbones was jutting back really bad... can't think of a better way to put it offhand  :wacko:. I re-uploaded the zip and took the opportunity to add the max file this time around.

Podmark

Quote from: Tomato on August 17, 2009, 05:12:30 PM
Oh, trust me, I fully expect it to get on everyone's nerves... But, in the long run, it IS more versatile.

Actually it didn't take long to fix up. Granted I didn't do anything with the subtler details yet but I will in future skins.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Just to show I haven't forgotten Two-Face... it's just Guns are hard  :P

Blkcasanova247

Tomato

Ok, so. Long story short, Windows Vista is a memory-hogging jerkface. Now, it has been this for awhile, but it has now reached a point where I cannot even access my Virtual PC so I can run Max 5... as well as making other things more difficult then they have to be. I've got so many things I want to do right now (four full-blown meshes and one halfway mesh are on my current "ASAP" to-do list, not to mention skins and such I want to do) I'm going to permanently fix the situation... by getting XP as my OS.

So yeah, I probably won't be able to update any of meshes for a few days while I go through and set everything back up... also, I'm going in for my military physical tuesday, which can be a good or bad thing depending on how things go. I'll keep you guys posted.

Blkcasanova247

BentonGrey

Good luck 'Mato!

On a less important note, the guns look good.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Tomato

without going into too much detail, I'm gonna be off the net for awhile. Not a bad "ZOMG he's in trouble" off, just RL is sometimes a pain off. I should be back to full-swing soon, but how soon I don't even know. In the meantime though, wanted to let you know I haven't died or anything.

Cyber Burn

hope everything works itself out alright. good luck.

Blkcasanova247

I know how that goes man. Take it easy bro...we'll be seein' ya soon. ;)