Street Fighter: Legend of Chun-Li

Started by Ares_God_of_War, February 28, 2009, 11:30:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ares_God_of_War

Forgive me for I have watched this movie, lol. Its butchers the story about what I expect Dragonball evolution to. I am still trying to decide if this or the JCVD one was worse. All in all thought I have to say I am less disapointed in Bison that I thought I would be and alot more dissapointed in vega.

Spoiler
The potrayal of Vega really reminded me of Jason frm friday the 13th. He was slow, and seemed bulky. He was even breathing heavily. No style or finesse to him at all. The voice was also too gruff. like street thug gruff. Vega should have a style and grace to him
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die."

BWPS

Well they did cast the ugly guy from Black Eyed Peas. I watched a few clips online and it looked like the worst movie ever made.  :banghead:
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

lgmss

The first street fighter movie was so bad. I don't understand why anyone in hollywood would make a second one. But then again the first movie did have Raúl Juliá as Bison so it did have something good it in.

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me... it was Tuesday."
"Zack: You never know when a mod mob gorilla will strike you down. You could be minding your business gliding in midair down the boulevard when suddenly a huge and very fresh purple hand will wrap around your most personal of areas."

The Hitman

C'mon, the Street Fighter starring JCVD and Gomez Adams wasn't so bad... of course, I have a soft spot for bad movies. It was at least watchable, despite it's flaws.

This new one, however, look awful.

bat1987

I`m a huge Street Fighter fan, but after seeing this thing in action I have no intention of watching the whole thing.

Bison in a business suit-what were they smoking?

JeyNyce

QuoteFor you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me... it was Tuesday.

C'mon, that was the best line in the movie.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Glitch Girl

I still have a friend who quotes that line ever chance he gets.

Gotta say, the previews have not impressed me.  Will probably catch it when it's on the tube or DVD, but unless invited, gonna pass on this one. 
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Silver Shocker

I find the fact that this movie exists to be something of an embarrassment. Even the title is hard to take seriously. I always expected the film to be awful, I don't know if I'd want to see it, I'm not that big of a fan of Street Fighter, but even I can clearly see that casting Lana from Smallville wasn't the most inspired choice. Though I do like Micheal Clarke Duncan (though I don't think of him as a great choice for Balrog)

The first movie was bad too, but I think it had a certain cheesy charm to it. Somehow I don't expect this one will be remembered as kindly. 
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

zuludelta

All the bad reviews this film is getting is piquing my curiosity. The Onion, which I find to be very forgiving when it comes to campy pop-culture detritus, gave it an  "F" rating, and the reviewer even went on to say that it was worse than anything Uwe Boll has directed so far in his career (!), something which I think is a feat in itself.

I did see Kristin Kreuk and Chris Klein being interviewed about the movie on an episode of Electric Playground, and it seemed they weren't even going through the motions of pretending that it's not a piece of filmed crap. They looked like they were on the verge of bursting into laughter while discussing the film's "merits."
Art is the expression of truth without violence.

Ares_God_of_War

Eh I don't know if its worse than every Uwe Boll film but if he ever got his hands on the street fighter franchise this movie is what I would expect out of him
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die."