Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Street Fighter IV

Started by Midnite, February 18, 2009, 07:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midnite

Did anyone buy the game yet?

MJB

We had to return our LCD TV and are stuck playing PS3 on a 20 year old television with terrible picture. You can barely see what's going on so right now it wouldn't make much sense to buy a new game. :(

I really want to play it though.

-MJB

BWPS

I went to walmart. THey aren't selling it in the store (yet?) and I have a $25 gift card and a 10% discount, so I guess I'll give it a few days and then order it.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

gengoro

Got it yesterday.  Love the focus system which sorta reminds me of street fighter 3's parry system.  The character model animation is amazing too.  Does seem slower than its 2D couterparts though and I cant use Guile on this friggin 360 controller.  Also, I know I have no right to tell anyone what to and not to buy, but the DLC is a ripoff.  From what I hear its on the damn disc already but theyre just charging you to unlock them.  Seems to be a trend these days.

Quote from: MJB on February 18, 2009, 08:12:50 PM
We had to return our LCD TV and are stuck playing PS3 on a 20 year old television with terrible picture. You can barely see what's going on so right now it wouldn't make much sense to buy a new game. :(

I really want to play it though.

-MJB

Why not use your pc monitor?  Thats what Ive been doing till I get an HD tv.

MJB

PC and PS3 are in separate rooms. Would hate to move it back and forth just for my console gaming.

-MJB

zuludelta

Still waiting for the much-touted PC version to come out (which won't be for at least a few months from what I've read). My PC can run it, if the rumoured system requirements are to be believed.
Art is the expression of truth without violence.

electro

Man I want to but i'm going skiing this weekend so my cash is tied to that - hopefully be on next thursday :blink:

zuludelta

For the guys who already have the game, how's the on-line play? Any matchmaking, ranking, or lag issues?
Art is the expression of truth without violence.

gengoro

Quote from: zuludelta on February 19, 2009, 07:04:46 PM
For the guys who already have the game, how's the on-line play? Any matchmaking, ranking, or lag issues?

I played a couple matches gets someone and it ran smoothly. He was though only person I could actually connect to though. Gotta try again this weekend.

tommyboy

I just got it for 360.
I haven't played it since it first came out on the snes back in 57 BC, but it looks and plays quite well.
still looking forward to Tekken 6 more though....

BWPS

I suck so much at this game but I love it.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

Mowgli

The online play was seamless for me. So much so, I was playing single player and then got challenged, and thought it was some bizarre storyline interlude. So I played the match and won and realized afterwords that I was playing another human.

Great game!  :thumbup:
"Simplicity is an art within itself."

VISIT   www.lostink.net   TODAY!

The Phantom Eyebrow

Got this game.  Yes it is good but man do I ever suck at it.  I seem to have real problems taking on Zangief particularly, and as for that final boss...   :banghead:

BWPS

Quote from: The Phantom Eyebrow on February 22, 2009, 11:07:01 PM
Got this game.  Yes it is good but man do I ever suck at it.  I seem to have real problems taking on Zangief particularly, and as for that final boss...   :banghead:

Oh man, true. The thing of Seth is that I find it's hard to beat him without a two-hit move (like Ryu's >+Punch moves) to disrupt his focus attacks.

Vega is my favorite but I hate using "charge" button combos so it's hard to use him effectively. Flargh.

I like it.

Jakew

Cool graphics, classic gameplay ... terrible voice acting, crappy final boss.

The Troll

I wasted literally months of my life on SF II when I was in junior high :) I think SF IV captures the feel of the original and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I don't know how the younger crowd feels on 2D fighters though.

The Phantom Eyebrow

Two-hit moves eh?  I'll have to focus on that strategy.

Johnny Patches

it pretty much covers the older strat i think,
with the exception of super counter moves and new hidden characters.
hidden characters a ruff, first round is yours  :thumbup: second round he use's every character moves and gets stronger as the round goes on  :banghead:..
i used zangief 360 piledriver over and over to get pass him
but any ways guilie rules man :P

electro

Got the game today & I love it - Abel is my Favorite new fighter & will probably skin him soon - He has plenty of cool throws & powerfull strikes - Only downside to the game so far is the voice acting & lack of stages for some characters but, let's not forget Capcom's record of releasing a millon updates so some people might just want to wait for the Super Street Fighter 4 Hyper Turbo Z Alpha Edition - For real thow, if your a Street Fighter fan this games for you "HADOUKEN" :blink:

JeyNyce

I have it for the 360.  Anybody wants to play, just look up JeyNyce.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

BWPS

Akuma is the only character I can do Ultra and Supers with, I don't know what's wrong with my double half circles!
Which I guess is fine because he's the only guy I use anymore, he's INSANE.

The Phantom Eyebrow

Tried some online this week.  A lesson in having my arse handed to me for the most part, with me having just enough wins to keep believing  :cool: 

Glitch Girl

Don't have a Gen3 system yet, but I did get a chance to play it at the local GameStop.

[drool] I want this so bad now.  :D

Played only a short time and my only complaint was I really need an arcade console to play this: last time I played any capcom fighter I had a nice 6 button layout where I could reach everything with three fingers and I so miss that. 
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

MJB

Saw a arcade styled joystick for PS3 at one of our local Gamestop's tonight. That would be the next best thing to having an arcade stand up IMO.

-MJB

Ares_God_of_War

I have unlocked everyone now and so far I still love Akuma the best. I find Rufus' giggling to be disturbing and distracting. Yeah, I hate seth, he pretty much throws the first round, is nuts on round 2 and then hard on round 3. The only thing I disliked is that the game brought up questions that it doesnt answer. Overall though I am very happy with the game. So far the only two characters I miss from 3 are Makoto and Ibuki

*edit* oh and about the controllers Mad Catz is making 3 versions of one for each system. A fight pad, a fight stick and a tournament fight stick. I tried to get the fight pad but my gamestop didnt get any and so far every other one I had a chance to get to has sold out of them. They are back ordered online.
Spoiler
Like Abel knowing Charlie but not the how or the why. And the appearent "power of emptyness" that Gouken now has. my only guess on that is "soulless" since I believe Akuma's Shun Goku Satsu attacks the soul/spirit directly and it now has no effect on Gouken.There were others but I am tired
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die."

BWPS

Did you/anyone see the Street Fighter IV: The Ties That Bind movie that came with the big expensive addition? I really liked the street fighter II anime (and I hatey hate anime). Maybe that explains some things (though I think it's just a prequel).

Ares_God_of_War

yeah I saw it. I ordered the collector's edition it didnt help that much.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die."

AfghanAnt

I JUST GOT IT TODAY WITH A XBOX 360 AND I AM SO HAPPY WITH BOTH!

Ares_God_of_War

hehe thats excitement right there ;)

BWPS

Eyebrow and I battled. He beat me something like 6 matches to 5, we pretty much alternating wins back and forth.

I have no idea how to beat Zangief when he spins around like that :(.