Green Lantern Live action movie

Started by Midnite, February 05, 2009, 05:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trelau

Quote from: docdelorean88 on June 08, 2010, 03:30:04 PM
No, thats not true. NOT anyone can be chosen. I mean, what the heck were they thinking with that as a tagline?

It's like the "anyone can cook" from Ratatouille. It doesn't mean everybody has talent, but that talent can appear everywhere.
Same goes for green lanterns: they are probably gonna make a part about Hal being the first human GL, and being deemed "not worthy" by the others. Probably until Sinestro supports him, then becoming his friend.

Otherwise, unimpressed by the poster.

docdelorean88

Okay, i gotcha. That was definitely not what i initially thought of though. It makes sense i suppose. The logo is also troubling me. The curve at the top of the circle comes closer together than the curve on the bottom. Just my dose of ocd talking, but still.
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Cardmaster

For the record, that's not a poster for the movie, per se, it's a poster advertising to companies who might want to make licensed GL products based on the movie. (That's why it discusses Warner Bros Consumer Products at the bottom.) There's a whole bunch of posters from WBCP floating around right now, all using that slogan of "Anyone Can Be Chosen." It's all saying that "Anyone can make DC Comics Merchandise," heh.

I worked for Walt Disney Consumer Products last year and saw posters like this allll the time for various properties; they go out to toy companies, clothing companies, etc.

-CM :cardmaster

edit: That being said, the art seen in the background will likely be used in the first theatrical poster.
Sah-WEEEEET!
www.ericstirpe.com

Previsionary

Disappear when you least expe--

Podmark

I read that the costume will be all CG, which is...interesting.

I'd need a full body pic but so far I don't like it. It's just weird looking.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

That......looks fairly terrible.  I'll reserve judgment until I see more, but that shot doesn't inspire confidence.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

JeyNyce

The outfit looks .....organic?  :blink:
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

murs47

Meh. Reminds me of that Spawn flick from over a decade ago.

BentonGrey

Is it just me or is that costume only green with no black?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Blkcasanova247

I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

herodad1

Ha HAH! What is it with comics and hollywood?   :lol:

BentonGrey

Quote from: herodad1 on July 15, 2010, 09:02:11 PM

What is it with comics and Warner Bros? :(
God Bless

BWPS

Looks okay, but I don't like the mask. To be honest, I wouldn't mind if they ditched the mask altogether. However it looks pretty cool and the idea of it being in CG so that it will look like it's made of energy sounds pretty cool. I just hope they don't make the bad guy a black cloud with lips.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

MJB

First impression I had of the costume is that it looked very alien. Which could be what they are going for. I'd like to see another shot before I formed an opinion one way or the other.

Courtnall6

That's a pretty poor first showing of his costume. I'll hold off commenting until they actually let us see all of it.
Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

steamteck

Quote from: BentonGrey on July 15, 2010, 09:08:41 PM
Quote from: herodad1 on July 15, 2010, 09:02:11 PM

What is it with comics and Warner Bros? :(

Pretty much sums it up. Still  one image does not a movie break.

docdelorean88

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/07/15/ryan-reynolds-green-lantern-costume-new-high-res-image/#more-37570
Higher Res image and a close up on his face. A few things...One, his eyes scare me. Two, there is little definition on the edges of the mask(specifically around the nose) giving it the effect that it is an altered skin color. Three, is his suit supposed to look like green veins? I think this concept could have potential, but as of now it seems to have "mother earth" vibe going on.
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

BentonGrey

It just looks fake.  I'd like to see it in motion.
God Bless

captmorgan72

Ok, I personally really like the costume GL had in DC vs MK, but it would look to much like a leather/cloth suit in real life. I can see where they are going with this CGI costume. The Lantern's costumes are made of energy so it should look like energy and not organic materials. Going with a CGI costume was a good idea but unless the CGI is fantastic, it will not work. From what we are shown, the suit reminds me of the nano suit in Crysis. Hopefully it will look better in live action.

Midnite

murs47

BWPS

SOUNDS REALLY GOOD! IM GLAD ABOUT THE MASK!
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

BentonGrey

I'm thrilled to hear that the CGI wasn't finished (but why show it if that is the case?), but I am very concerned by another item on that list:

Spoiler
8) Writers have already outlined ideas for the second and the third movie, which include Sinestro's downfall; The Sinestro Corps War; the destruction of Coast City; Hal Jordan becoming Parallax and etc.

Yes, let's repeat one of the biggest mistakes EVER in comics!  I don't know that I particularly believe any of this, but if that is true, someone needs to step on that idea, HARD.  Some of the concepts may have been rehabilitated in the Corps. War and later books, but that doesn't make the original story any less horrible.
God Bless

Podmark

Quote from: BentonGrey on July 21, 2010, 04:38:50 AM
I'm thrilled to hear that the CGI wasn't finished (but why show it if that is the case?), but I am very concerned by another item on that list:

Spoiler
8) Writers have already outlined ideas for the second and the third movie, which include Sinestro's downfall; The Sinestro Corps War; the destruction of Coast City; Hal Jordan becoming Parallax and etc.

Yes, let's repeat one of the biggest mistakes EVER in comics!  I don't know that I particularly believe any of this, but if that is true, someone needs to step on that idea, HARD.  Some of the concepts may have been rehabilitated in the Corps. War and later books, but that doesn't make the original story any less horrible.

Spoiler
Well if they are going to use the whole Parallax story it will be their own take on the story, probably largely based on Geoff Johns' Green Lantern Rebirth work. And I could see that working, but at the same time Spider-Man 3's emo Peter didn't go over very well so maybe an evil Hal Jordan would also fail. If I was in the writers room for the GL movie franchise I'd at least throw the story around, see what could be made of it.

So their using Secret Origin for the first film, and their future ideas include stuff from Rebirth and the Sinestro Corps War. They should just get it over with and add Geoff Johns to the writing staff.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

JeyNyce

I have new hope for this movie.  One thing I didn't like with the costume was that it was all one piece, at least let the gloves be a separate part of the outfit. 

Reepicheep

I gotta say, I don't have much hope here.

It seems to me that DC/warnerbros (or the suits involved) are trying really hard to get Green Lantern a little lime light (pun unintended) against the stage-stealing Avengers and the handful of flicks that accompany it. Either they let out that botched-job of a costume out to Entertainment Weekly in a hurry, or they decided that their costume wasn't finished after they heard the bad reviews. Personally, I imagine its the former. But what other corners are they gonna cut?

Seriously, who designs these movie costumes? I'd feel physically uncomfortable watching Hal Jordan in that.

JeyNyce

I heard that they showed a "trailer" or something.  Did anybody else hear or see this?

Failed_Hero

The Majority of the script is based on Geoff John's "Secret Origins" Story after Rebirth.

Spoiler
Parallax was originally the Silver Age Villian Legion, but was changed in the script to reflect the Modern Age "yellow menace" Also the script does a great deal to explain the yellow impurity, And yes Alan Scott is in and has an also reveal at the end of the film.
At the end of the day all that matter is that I tried, right?