Heroes Volume Four

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, February 01, 2009, 09:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Hamrick

Well, Volume 5 begins after two more episodes and will called "Redemption". 
Spoiler
I suspect that "The new Company" will have the core extended Petrelli family at the core but will have Peter has somewhat of a moral guidepost as well as perhaps Claire.

As for next week's episode:
Spoiler
The episode will be called "I am Sylar".  I think that sums it up.  However, I do think next week will see Sylar turning on Dank after some sort of identity crisis.   Perhaps Danko wants Sylar to impersonate Nathan full time?  Or perhaps he has to after Nathan's death?

A few other spoilery things:

Spoiler
The new female villain for next season?  I think Alice Petrelli has not been seen the last of.  I like the actress playing her, I thought she played the part very well with her interaction with Angela.

And not really spoilery but at least two writers have been let go.  In addition, there have only been 18-20 episodes ordered for next season.

thanoson

Spoiler
Didn't anybody that saw Nathan fly out a friggin window wonder why he's on television? I mean, all of the Friends of Humanity (lol) are looking for the Petrellis' and now it's ok to go on tv with a fake one?
Long live Slaanesh, Prince of Pain!!!

stumpy

Spoiler
Quote from: thanoson on April 15, 2009, 06:15:39 AMDidn't anybody that saw Nathan fly out a friggin window wonder why he's on television? I mean, all of the Friends of Humanity (lol) are looking for the Petrellis' and now it's ok to go on tv with a fake one?

Do you mean when Denko pushed him out the window in 3.19? I'm not sure anyone did see that besides Denko and HRG.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

Spring Heeled Jack

Yeah, and if Denko is complicit in Sylar's televised Nathan impression, he's not going to say anything. :D

thanoson

Spoiler
As I recall, they were right in front of a camera. I would assume that a tight security place like that would have cameras.

AfghanAnt

This show has really gone downhill for me since the whole Days of Future past ripoff. I can't help but feel like I'm watching something I've read already.

stumpy

Spoiler
Quote from: thanoson on April 15, 2009, 04:07:02 PMAs I recall, they were right in front of a camera. I would assume that a tight security place like that would have cameras.
Heh. The famous camera. This isn't something I noticed before I was told about it, but that camera was apparently one of the clues that Rebel was Micah, since it turned off (the indicator light was blinking before and stopped blinking) a little before Denko pushed Nathan out the window. If you watch the scene again, it's easy to see. So, it would be easy to say that Micah cut the feed from that camera to keep Nathan from being exposed (or for some other purpose).
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

BWPS

CRAZY finale.

Spoiler
I think turning Sylar into Nathan instead of killing him might have been the all time stupidest idea ever. And on Heroes, that's quite an accusation. But I guess they don't want him off the show, maybe he won't be the main villain next season even if he is the best character. I'll be ready to see where it goes from here.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

Tomato

Spoiler
Meh, yeah, that Nathan/Sylar thing reminded me too much of the Morph/Proteus idiocy. I mean, the episode was solid, but yeah, anything that reminds me of the later issues of the first Exiles run is never good.

Podmark

Quote from: Tomato on April 29, 2009, 07:03:58 PM
Spoiler
Meh, yeah, that Nathan/Sylar thing reminded me too much of the Morph/Proteus idiocy. I mean, the episode was solid, but yeah, anything that reminds me of the later issues of the first Exiles run is never good.

Spoiler
Yeah it totally reminded me of Morph.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

thanoson

Spoiler
Umm... did everybody forget about clair's blood? Just saying.

Podmark

Quote from: thanoson on April 30, 2009, 03:07:06 AM
Spoiler

Yes. Stop asking.  <_<
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BWPS

Spoiler
Spoiler
What?
That would have required a needle and syringe, possibly even more! No, temporarily making the fellow who killed him think he is the man he killed and pretending like he IS your son and ignoring signs that he's remembering his former self is much simpler. And besides, Claire was already almost outside of the building by that point, way too complicated.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

Sevenforce

Quote from: BWPS on April 30, 2009, 04:29:16 AM
Spoiler
Spoiler
What?
That would have required a needle and syringe, possibly even more! No, temporarily making the fellow who killed him think he is the man he killed and pretending like he IS your son and ignoring signs that he's remembering his former self is much simpler. And besides, Claire was already almost outside of the building by that point, way too complicated.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I so need booze -_-

stumpy

Spoiler
Morph / Proteus? I was thinking Lightning Lad / Proty.  :P And, of course, someone with better lore than I could point out how something similar happened even before that.

The big arcs on the show don't really have to be new for it to be a good show.

That said, I don't know where I stand on this ending. I'll admit, my first thought when Sylar ghosted Nathan was that Claire could fix this. As much as the Claire's-blood-can-bring-back-the-dead thing is a hack and it's ripe for abuse as a plot crutch, it's a little odd that HRG is alive because of his daughter's blood, but Nathan, who could have been saved the same way, isn't.

Not that there isn't potential for this to make for an interesting arc

So...

Only HRG, Angela, and Matt know about the Nathan/Sylar switch. I can imagine there would be hell to pay when Peter, Claire, etc. find out that Nathan died that night and the person they have been treating as Nathan is an unknowing impostor. But not just any impostor, but Sylar, who has tried to kill them more than once and who was turning Claire into his mind-controlled slave the last time she saw him

Peter is re-ubered. He made it sound like he would absorb all of Sylar's powers if he got near him. Of course, we only saw him use the shape-shifting ability, so we'll see how that works out.

MJB

Spoiler
Quote from: stumpy on May 01, 2009, 07:52:09 AMPeter is re-ubered. He made it sound like he would absorb all of Sylar's powers if he got near him. Of course, we only saw him use the shape-shifting ability, so we'll see how that works out.

Peter is not re-ubered. The only power he absorbed was Syler's shape shifting.

stumpy

Spoiler
Quote from: MJB on May 01, 2009, 08:25:50 AM
Quote from: stumpy on May 01, 2009, 07:52:09 AMPeter is re-ubered. He made it sound like he would absorb all of Sylar's powers if he got near him. Of course, we only saw him use the shape-shifting ability, so we'll see how that works out.

Peter is not re-ubered. The only power he absorbed was Syler's shape shifting.

I'm glad. The overly ubered heroes lead to too many "Why didn't he just...?" moments.

I was a little worried because of two things. First, when Peter and Nathan are going after Sylalr, Nathan tells the presidential aide, "My brother can do whatever Sylar can do. We just have to get him close enough to touch him." That sounded pretty open-ended, though it's easy to see how they might just have been talking about Sylar's shape-shift power (which may have been all the aide knew about). The second thing is that Sylar wasn't shape-shifted when Nathan and Peter walk into the room to fight him. He also wasn't shape shifted the next time we saw him, after the fight when he kills Nathan. And there was no real reason for him to shape shift, since it's only the three of them and he usually engages in physical combat with his TK and they showed him readying Elle's lightning powers as the confrontation starts.

But you are right, when Claire enters the room after the fight, she asks Peter if he can fly after Nathan and Sylar (who maybe can fly now?) and Peter says that he can't, implying that he can still only take one power at a time.

Tomato

Spoiler
I'm not saying it's not a good idea because of the Morph/Proteus thing, I'm saying it reminds me of a storyline that was very poorly handled and that does not fill me with confidence about the direction of the show. Similarly, it would not fill me with confidence if they made thousands of Peter clones, because that would remind me of the Spider man clone idiocy.

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BWPS

Oh well, if it continues to tank and gets cancelled, we can always just remember it as a good show during it's first season. Like Sliders.