Laughing Paradox Skins - Cecilia Reyes (5.6.17)

Started by laughing paradox, January 21, 2009, 01:26:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

area34

I think the aura depends on what era she's from. My quick idea/suggestion is that she get skoped onto disco Dazzler. I remember from the X-Factor days that she didn't walk so much as slide with her force field and Dazzler's roller skate keysframes might give the effect.

herodad1

that would be a perfect force field fx for the invisable woman!

laughing paradox

I like the idea of using the Dazzler_Disco mesh, so I'll skope that up. Good call.

That IS an fx for Invisible Woman.

laughing paradox

I'm starting to really do the characters I haven't done yet that I've really wanted to.. the list is expansive.

On top of that list are the original New Mutants.

I've omitted Magma and Wolfsbane as they are not done yet.. but will be.

Generation X, which I've kind of started, is on the back burner for now.

I've been able to skope up some of the Resistants and those should be done soon, too, as most of the grunt work is done.

All critiques are welcome.

Bloodshadow

Sweet stuff dude! :cool:
The new mutants look great!I can't wait to see the rest :thumbup:

Podmark

New Mutants look good, but I'd to see Sam's face. Didn't realize who that was for a second. No Doug?
Metal work on Illyana looks really good.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

electro

Who the blazes is that guy riding the rock & the guy with metal lobster claws - I want to buy some comics that stars these guys - There to funny looking to be excluded from my comic collection - Great work on the New Mutants :blink:

USAgent

Wow LP, there are tons of good looking characters that you have been doing lately, The Marauders are great looking, as are the Soviets and the Hellions, well they all are, there is just so much I have missed since last August I have alot of downloading ahead of me!  And your skoping has come along way as well- cool Resistants!

crimsonquill

Quote from: electro on March 15, 2010, 12:54:55 AM
Who the blazes is that guy riding the rock & the guy with metal lobster claws - I want to buy some comics that stars these guys - There to funny looking to be excluded from my comic collection -

Pardon me for doing a readers digest info blurb (not many people remember these guys or seen much of them in other titles)...

They are members of the Resistance.. a team made up of mutants that publicly protested the mutant registration act during that time period (this was before the Fall Of The Mutants and during the period X-Factor first appeared) but most of their appearances was within the pages of Captain America (Edit: the first being #343 & 346, I believe). While most of the membership were unknown mutants, the core was former members of Mutant Force (Burner, Lifter, Peeper, Shocker, and Slither) and they recruited their initial membership from mutants they rescued from prison or being transported there. Mentallo was rescued by a small team during a prison transport and joined their group under the name Think Tank. They caught the attention of Freedom Force who planned a false trial for Quicksilver to lure them into a trap but ended up being ambushed by the unstable John Walker (who was still serving as Captain America and had just seen his parents murdered in front of him by the Watchdogs). Needless to say that John tore into the Resistance members present without restraint and almost all of them ended up in critical condition in the hospital. The Resistance appeared every once in awhile either protesting in the background or on a mission to rescue another mutant being sent away. They made their final appearance in an Anniversary issue of Captain America when the mysterious villain funding their group was revealed.

Most Known Membership:

• Burner/Crucible (Byron Calley): Has the ability to create heat and fire from his hands.
  • Lifter/Meteorite (Ned Lathrop): Can manipulate gravity, increasing his density, durability and strength and negate gravity on other
    objects, making them fly. (*guy on floating rock above)
  • Mist Mistress: Can create and control various types of mists like knock-out gas, acidic mists and toxic mists.
  • Quill: Body was covered with sharp quills that he could fire at opponents.
  • Peeper/Occult/Peepers (Peter Quinn): Has increased visual abilities and can fire beams of energy from his eyes.
  • Rust: Could fire blasts from his hands that corroded metal.
  • Shocker/Paralyzer (Randall Darby): Could fire electric blasts from his hands or grab an opponent and shock them directly. His hands were crab-like claws. (*guy with clawed hands above)
  • Slither (Aaron Salomon): Has a snake-like body, allowing him to constrict opponents with great force. He also has minor superhuman strength.
  • Think Tank (Marvin Flumm): Better known as the telepath Mentallo. He was only a member of the Resistants for a short time.

However when Mentallo was taken to the Resistance base camp they had up to a few dozen mutants making their home there and many of them wearing uniforms like they were waiting to leave on a mission or had just come back from one. So there is lots of room to be creative if you want to expand on random members of the teams that heroes encounter.

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

electro

Nice cast of chars - Next time i'm at the comic shop i'll see if they have CA #373 :blink:

crimsonquill

Quote from: electro on March 15, 2010, 04:28:12 AM
Nice cast of chars - Next time i'm at the comic shop i'll see if they have CA #373 :blink:

Make that CA #343 & 346, Electro.. stupid wikipedia had the issue date wrong I had to look thru my own collection to verify.

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

laughing paradox

Thanks.. Here's a picture of Sam..

I'll release a Cypher with the rest of them.

----

The Resistants were pretty cool.. and to be honest, that whole era of Captain America was the best. The government took away Captain America's title and shield from Steve Rogers, so he ran around as the Captain (and fall in love with a vilainess!) and had to fight the Serpent Squad while the new Cap (the eventual USAgent) ends up practically killing the Resistants all by himself.. great read.

area34

Everything looks good but didn't Sam have more of cropped haircut during the 80's? I know once he had the goggles outfit he had longer hair but during his school uniform phase he was more clean cut.

laughing paradox

I left that hair piece on Cannonball so it can be compatible with others skins, like the ones by Podmark. It was just easier to keep it, in the long run.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Due to my reading a bunch of old issues of Captain America really inspiring me to do it, I realized I should redo the Serpent Society. They were some of the first characters I've skinned and could all benefit from an update.

I am wondering if anyone could perhaps suggest a better knee/elbow pad for the Black Racer (female with green hair)?

AfghanAnt

For me the color work is extremely strong on all of these and it's fantastic. My favorite is Cottonmouth.

TrajkLogik

If you're looking for knee pads that look like this:
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix4/blackracerss.htm

Then TommyBoy's comedian_tf mesh has knee pads that look similar:
http://www.tommyboymeshes.freedomforceforever.com/DC%20meshes%20C2.html

Btw, great job those skins. I like Asp and Coachwhip.

lugaru

Great stuff... I've been wanting to build a good serpent society (thanks to Tommyboy) and sweet skins are a huge plus. I agree about your colors, very rich but not just smeared there, I can very much see the gradients and shadows.

laughing paradox

Thank you.. I appreciate the comments.

And double thanks for the suggestion on the knee/elbow pads, Trajik. Those are exactly what I was looking for.

hoss20

I was on a compiling groups kick a little while back and decided to do the Serpent Society. Luckily, I found your stuff and downloaded everything. These are quite an improvement and I can't wait to update my heroes. Thanks a lot.

electro

Aghhhh I love the Serpent Society - I was pleased with your older skins but these are on a whole new level - Yet another reason to keep playing FF :blink:

Ash4fire

UnkoMan

Argh! Yeah, you are totally getting better. Nice colours! I especially dig that purple and Black Racer's teal. Oh boy, I love teal!

laughing paradox

DoctorRuina

Argh!...I mean wow! Great job with the Resistants and Serpent Society

laughing paradox

argh Here's Zealot, from WildCATS.

Spoiler

And some Coda assassins, cuz Zealot needs to beat someone up.

I'm not in total love with the circular bands around Zealot's shoulder, if any may have a suggestion. 

I can't decide if I should finish the Serpent Society or get into some WildCATS/Cyberforce/Youngblood zone. I've always intended to do a lot of those characters at some point and I don't wanna see Zealot get lonely.

murs47

CATS!

I was just thinking someone should skin them. Zealot looks very good.

Scorpion13mk2

Thats a sweet-arse Zealot there.

I like the little finger bands. Nice attention to detail. And I dont have a problem with the arm bands, myself. Costume consistency never seemed to be a big thing with the Image comics.

I kinda notice the expression on the face there. She looks bored or sleepy or something.

detourne_me

That Zealot is fan'freakin'tastic!
Love the wildcats!

Kenn

Quote from: murs47 on April 04, 2010, 11:12:13 PM
CATS!

I was just thinking someone should skin them. Zealot looks very good.

Mungojerrie and Rumpelteazer would be really cool.
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page