Laughing Paradox Skins - Cecilia Reyes (5.6.17)

Started by laughing paradox, January 21, 2009, 01:26:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doctorchallenger

Ancient Chinese secret....

No, actually I simply pasted the doll from Tommyboy's Puppetmaster mesh, onto the Ankh node on Syn's Doctor Strangefate mesh.

laughing paradox

I said a while back that I'd work on this guy and I did. I started it a while back so it's very unfinished.

Massive thanks to Miguelyanke who did the great skope. It's based on Punisher_TJ.. by TexasJack, naturally.. and so it has a bunch of cool guns to choose from.

And hopefully me showing this will get another skinner to finally reveal/release their awesome take on Harpoon from the Marauders. ;)

AfghanAnt

Holy crap! I missed them one when I did my first rounds! I really like the way Scalphunter came out.

murs47

blobula

This does look really good. I can't wait to see it finished and released !

... and by the way, I don't feel targeted at all by your comments in this thread. :P
Sorry for my bad english, I`m still learning.

Outcast

The Marauders are a cool bunch of villains. You did a fine job on Scalphunter LP. :)

detourne_me

Great Scalphunter.  Can't wait to kill that dude in the rumble room!

laughing paradox

Thanks everyone, I'm glad it's being received well. We definitely need that Marauders love, and it'll be cool that C6 is doing an original Sabretooth.

Quote from: blobula on June 27, 2009, 04:56:00 PM
... and by the way, I don't feel targeted at all by your comments in this thread. :P

My plan is working! ;)

Podmark

Very nice. Scalphunter is one character who always looked really tough to do to me.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Blkcasanova247

I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

Jakew

Nice one ... Scalphunter was always my favourite Marauder  :thumbup:

Dr. Kraken

Quote from: doctorchallenger on June 10, 2009, 02:45:43 PM
Something like this? Though I enlarge the back piece since snapping this pic.

If you could put that doll on like a female mesh, we can make a cerain voodoo woman buried in New Orleans :D. Awesome job!

laughing paradox

Alpha Flight love

Both skopes by bevo.

There's something about Box that I feel is missing in the skin, but I cannot place it. Anybody got any suggestions?

AfghanAnt

Quote from: laughing paradox on July 06, 2009, 09:31:30 PM
Alpha Flight love

Both skopes by bevo.

There's something about Box that I feel is missing in the skin, but I cannot place it. Anybody got any suggestions?

Taliman is great but I see what you are saying about Box. He looks a little unfinished especially when compared to Talisman. Maybe adding some rivets and other pseudo mechanical parts can help break up the flatness of the maroon. 

Podmark

Both look pretty good. Nice and clean.
Honestly I barely know Box so can't really suggest anything.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

daglob

Seems like I remember a version of Box with a fancier belt...

blobula

Talisman! :thumbup:

She looks really good. Nice job, LP!
Sorry for my bad english, I`m still learning.

Jakew

cmdrkoenig67

Awwww...Alpha Flight Love!  Gotta love some Alpha Flight!  Very nice, LP!

Dana

murs47

They both look great LP. I'm not too familiar with Box but he's always had a relatively simple design and it looks like you nailed it.

USAgent

Wonderful work on Tailaman and Box, I am happy to see a great looking Box skin as he rarely gets any love out there.  Even though that is how he generaly looks, I would think that skin would benifit from some metal type lines (like you have on the red arm pieces) on his chest and leg pieces but verticle instead of horizontal.

Xenolith

Box in the refernece picture has his muscles outlined in black (e.g., thighs and neck.)  Maybe that is what you are missing?  Looks okay to me.

xaphan_deciever

Yup. I think more muscle definition and maybe a darker lightmap. But what you have done so far absolutely ROCKS.

laughing paradox

So I was going to redo the Zodiac skins.. and I actually started on a few.. but then I figured.. why not skin my favorite comic of character of all time, Magik? And then, I thought, what's Magik without some friends?

I'm not sure if I'll do the rest of them, but we'll see. :)

Oh, I seem to be having a problem with Sunspot. I tried using Ink's Sunspot, but it has a belt that cannot be hexed off. Then I tried using vxHuman_Torch, but the black circles won't show up.. I'm thinking mesh fx's have a problem registered black-colored fx's. Anyone offer a suggestion?

----------

Thanks everyone for the feedback on Box. I started adding some rivets and seams on his chest, but it didn't look right on him.. I'm going to release him as is in the picture. I tried darkening the parts on the lined metal parts, but it's the reflection that makes it look brighter.

AfghanAnt

Ink did a Sunspot?

I'm glad to see these guys get some loving. :)

Previsionary

AIE! Looking nice, LP. YOu should send those to me and never upload them for anyone else. Special privilege for Prev, right?

As for fx, it's an alpha problem. The game doesn't accept black without modifying the nif to accept "solid" colors. By default, black affects how transparent the effects are.
Disappear when you least expe--

laughing paradox

I meant to say Sunspot by Valandar! Sorry about that.

Thanks for the head's up, Prev. I think I can get it working.

Not upload them to anyone else? It's tempting, I hate writing read_me files...

murs47

miguelyanke

I did a Sunspot_hex/skope based on humantorch with alphaenabled effects plus el_diablo KFs... he looks wonderful for sunspot

cascarudo