News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

C6's Excellence of Epidermis - Unstoppable!

Started by Courtnall6, January 11, 2009, 03:49:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Courtnall6

Quote from: Tomato on July 24, 2009, 09:04:37 PM
See, it isn't "final" when you keep sending me updates  :P

No no...final is final..."final" is final...but not really... :blink:
Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

Courtnall6

Tomato

Heh, just got them C6. Too bad I'll be busy all weekend, won't be able to release them. So sad, really...

Courtnall6

Quote from: Tomato on July 25, 2009, 05:33:31 AM
Heh, just got them C6. Too bad I'll be busy all weekend, won't be able to release them. So sad, really...

It's okay...they're use to it. :P

laughing paradox

I'm really impressed with that facework, C6.. great job.

Any consideration on your final-final Colossus being his Australia look?

AfghanAnt

Oh neat. I really like the way the refl on the skin came out.

style

The Ultimate Fan!

Courtnall6

Quote from: laughing paradox on July 25, 2009, 06:48:59 AM
I'm really impressed with that facework, C6.. great job.

Any consideration on your final-final Colossus being his Australia look?

Was that look just basically a shirtless version?

Quote from: style on July 25, 2009, 12:34:33 PM
I hope you skined his regular flesh look for the both? :unsure:

:doh:

style

The Ultimate Fan!

Courtnall6

AfghanAnt

I think all the forehead wrinkles ages Peter far beyond his permanent late 20's but you can explain it as life being harder in Russia.

Tomato

Twas wondering about those... thought maybe you were still working or something.

Anyway, as far as other costumes go... I'm sure some talented jerk (*gives Cas evil eye*) could hex on pieces from elsewhere and make any number of costumes (and believe you me, I made a list of these things... 15 costumes, not even taking the numerous alterations of certain looks... I've seen at least 5 different Acolyte costumes alone) after the fact, but for now... he's kind of approaching the limits of what I set in place. This is not a hex, tis a mesh, and he's skinned the two costumes I made pieces for.

Now if there's any costume he wants to do still... I'll mesh pieces for it (except Ultimate. I draw the line there. I don't like the character and there are too many complex pieces.)

Also, @C6: Changed the Nif a bit, all the extras are alpha-capable now. Took the liberty of alphaing out unused sections.

Courtnall6

Quote from: AfghanAnt on July 25, 2009, 04:58:58 PM
I think all the forehead wrinkles ages Peter far beyond his permanent late 20's but you can explain it as life being harder in Russia.

I guess that's a good excuse...or I should just fix it. Pete isn't so sour anyway. :P

Blkcasanova247

I guess my arm could be twisted to do a couple of variations for this mesh if you'd like. (*gives Tomato the puppy dog face*) The Acolyte version should be a piece of cake. ;) Ummm...awesome skins by the way! :P :thumbup:
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

Xenolith

I like the forehead wrinkles.  It makes him look unique, but the younger looking face isn't too bad either.  I think there might be a little too much blue in his hair though.  Still, excellent skins, C6.

laughing paradox

Yeah, the Australia look is the shirtless one with the wrist bands.

I particularly like the face wrinkles in his metal form, by the way. It looks like real metal creases.. the metallic finish is just insane.

herodad1

like the creases on both metal and flesh. how tall is that mesh?head taller than male_basic?

Tomato

Well, the copy C6 has is about the same height I think, but the final is I think 1.15 the size... Just a tad shorter then Gren's Juggernaut when I tested.

Quote from: Blkcasanova247 on July 25, 2009, 09:19:42 PM
I guess my arm could be twisted to do a couple of variations for this mesh if you'd like. (*gives Tomato the puppy dog face*) The Acolyte version should be a piece of cake. ;) Ummm...awesome skins by the way! :P :thumbup:

Cas... If C6 wants another costume done, I can mesh it out and include it. I'm just saying... for those who want to skin other outfits I or C6 don't do, we've got dozens of talented people out there who can twist and turn pieces to make whatever.

Outcast

Quote from: AfghanAnt on July 25, 2009, 04:58:58 PM

Personally, I think he looks much better without the wrinkles in his human form. In his metal form, i'm not sure but i think less wrinkles would probably look much better too. :wacko:

Blkcasanova247

Quote from: Tomato on July 26, 2009, 02:36:17 AM
Cas... If C6 wants another costume done, I can mesh it out and include it. I'm just saying... for those who want to skin other outfits I or C6 don't do, we've got dozens of talented people out there who can twist and turn pieces to make whatever.
Ah...yes it is true...I can twist and bend anything to my will...BBWWAHAHA! :twisted: :twisted: Well more like be the glorified "copy and paster" I am and git 'er done! Truth is....I'm not a Colossus fan...haven't been since he broke my lil Kitty's heart after Secret Wars. :P I certainly think he's complex enough character and they've done great things with him over the years but I'm not overly enamored with his costumes. I do however like the variation that John Cassiday gave him in Astonishing Xmen. Ok back to C6 fantastic skins on an awesome mesh!
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

Courtnall6

My inspiration...

Spoiler

My WIP...

Spoiler

Quote from: Tomato on July 26, 2009, 02:36:17 AM
Well, the copy C6 has is about the same height I think, but the final is I think 1.15 the size... Just a tad shorter then Gren's Juggernaut when I tested.

Quote from: Blkcasanova247 on July 25, 2009, 09:19:42 PM

I checked him in game...my version is about male_basic height. I'm done with skinning anymore of Colossus' looks at the moment...except maybe the Austrailian look...so anyone else can feel free to tackle him. :cool:

Tomato

Quote from: Courtnall6 on July 26, 2009, 03:23:00 PM
I checked him in game...my version is about male_basic height. I'm done with skinning anymore of Colossus' looks at the moment...except maybe the Austrailian look...so anyone else can feel free to tackle him. :cool:

Heh... I've been tweaking since I sent the Nif. I'll be sending you an upgraded copy once I add one or two more pieces. Your involvement has inspired me to, if not finish my original goal(Doing every Colossus uniform ever=not happening), at least add pieces for some extra costumes (Outback and Proletarian at least, since it's a couple of simple pieces).

Great job on thing so far... that's a tough one to do, good luck.

PS @ Cas: Heh, Cassidy's is probably my favorite alteration of the classic look, if not my favorite costume in general... it's one of the few "Modern" Colossus looks which doesn't have him bogged down in needless pouches and knee pads (And don't get me started on the post-Cassidy Astonishing designs. Ick.).

Courtnall6

herodad1

whew!thats the "woke up on the wrong side of the bed now i'm gonna clobber somebody!" face.it looks good but i think i like your other thing skins a tad better.maybe its the color.dunno but its still a great job.i'd like to see you tackle some FF villians.doom,blastaar,an armored looking wizard and his pals!

Podmark

I'm always amazed at how you can pump out stuff so quickly. Great work.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Courtnall6

Quoteit looks good but i think i like your other thing skins a tad better.

Really? I feel like I blew my old ones out of the water with this version. To each his own I guess.

Scorpion13mk2

I love it!

If theres one problem Ive always had with Thing meshes and skins, its that they almost never get the forehead/brow right. It always looks weird on the mesh. You seem to have circumvented that problem nicely.

herodad1

on a long second glance...yeah this one wins!alot of detail in his rock hide.anybody ever see the wizard in the newest FF cartoon.his suit had a more metallic armored look to it.the vx wizard is real nice but always thought grens karnak could be skoped into a nice wizard too.good goin C6! :thumbup:

captmorgan72

Quote from: Courtnall6 on July 26, 2009, 08:47:37 PM
Quoteit looks good but i think i like your other thing skins a tad better.

Really? I feel like I blew my old ones out of the water with this version. To each his own I guess.

This new Thing is definitely better. His rocky hide looks 3-d now with the reflections and shadows. I agree that your new one blows the old one out of the water. I have been trying to think of what you can tackle next but with your recent flurry of skinning I think you have covered them all.  :lol: Now bring on the Champions site. 

AfghanAnt

I hate to say this but I also prefer the original skin for the mesh. I think it is the face and how it has lost the humor I've come to associate with Thing. Specifically the nose and shadows under the brow make him look he is sinister. Also the coloring is a little yellow when I thought he was orange. However, the details on the rock texture are amazing.