News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

C6's Excellence of Epidermis - Unstoppable!

Started by Courtnall6, January 11, 2009, 03:49:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Courtnall6

Quote from: Avalon on July 16, 2009, 12:38:19 AM
Here comes Santa Claus..here comes Santa Clause  :P

I've actually been waiting for that one :P
Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

Scorpion13mk2

Jakew

Are you going to do anything to Odin's face? He does look a bit Santa Clause.

Also, are you still doing Set? He's probably my favourite Thor bad guy.

Courtnall6

Quote from: Jakew on July 16, 2009, 01:14:55 AM
Are you going to do anything to Odin's face? He does look a bit Santa Clause.

Also, are you still doing Set? He's probably my favourite Thor bad guy.

Set is also still in production.

I'm having a weird glitch with his helmet too. The reflection is permanent. I have no control over what reflects and what doesn't. Any skoper out there able to fix that?

Avalon

There was a fixed mesh for Odin. Maybe you are using the older version. I was able to a use the refl layer to make sure the bone didn't shine.

Tomato

if you're still having issues, send it to tomatoisjp AT gmail DOT com

Courtnall6

Quote from: Avalon on July 16, 2009, 02:40:56 AM
There was a fixed mesh for Odin. Maybe you are using the older version. I was able to a use the refl layer to make sure the bone didn't shine.

lol caught using an older mesh again! Got the update...works perfect now thanks :cool:

Courtnall6

darkknight92

Blkcasanova247

I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

Figure Fan

Tomato

I can't see the neck, but I'm sure you haven't fixed it. I shall hate you forever!

:P Joking, obviously. Love this skin, though the face bugs me... not because of your work, but because of the mesh. There's something wrong with it... not sure if it's a mapping thing or a smoothing thing

style

The Ultimate Fan!

style

And they chant: Loki!!! Loki!!! Loki!!! Loki!!! Loki!!! Loki!!! Loki!!! Loki!!!
The Ultimate Fan!

Avalon

Outcast

murs47

The Hitman

Very nice! How do you get the gold shades to look like that? Every time I try to do it, mine end up either lemon yellow or brown.

herodad1

i'm sure c6 could make a good loki but i also really like AA's loki skin.

elhonez

Nice, nice work.

Which appearance did you use as ref for this skin?

Podmark

Wow, the details on that Odin are excellent.
And you're latest faces are really good.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

cmdrkoenig67

Scorpion13mk2

Dude, that is seriously really nice looking.

How do you do all the details on something like that? Like, do you go off of images in the comic, or is it a pastiche of alot of sources? How does the creative process work for you? Do you just make it up as you go along, or is there a definite picture in your mind of how you want it to turn out?

deano_ue

Courtnall6

Thanks everyone :cool:

Quote from: style on July 16, 2009, 01:00:42 PM
And they chant: Loki!!! Loki!!! Loki!!! Loki!!! Loki!!! Loki!!! Loki!!! Loki!!!

He(not she) is on my list...

Quote from: herodad1 on July 16, 2009, 05:09:33 PM
i'm sure c6 could make a good loki but i also really like AA's loki skin.

AA's Loki is great but pretty dated. He needs to update it soon.  :D

Quote from: elhonez on July 16, 2009, 06:10:36 PM
Nice, nice work.

Which appearance did you use as ref for this skin?

I used 2 different reference pics plus some of my own design.

Quote from: The Hitman on July 16, 2009, 04:25:00 PM
Very nice! How do you get the gold shades to look like that? Every time I try to do it, mine end up either lemon yellow or brown.

Use the colour inbetween lemon yellow and brown.  :P

Quote from: Scorpion13mk2 on July 16, 2009, 08:03:06 PM
Dude, that is seriously really nice looking.

How do you do all the details on something like that? Like, do you go off of images in the comic, or is it a pastiche of alot of sources? How does the creative process work for you? Do you just make it up as you go along, or is there a definite picture in your mind of how you want it to turn out?

Before I start a skin I google images of the character I'm skinning. I'll take 2-3 good pics that show the outfit clearly. I try to stay as faithful as I can to the ref pics but in Odins' case the mesh didn't match any of the ref pics I found...so I merged 2 different designs and then added some of my own to it on the fly.

herodad1

the original look of LOKI was always a fav.maybe a capeless version using mentor kf's.ahhh, go ahead and throw in YMIR and some storm giants while your feeling asgardian.

Scorpion13mk2

Quote from: Courtnall6 on July 16, 2009, 10:03:13 PM

Before I start a skin I google images of the character I'm skinning. I'll take 2-3 good pics that show the outfit clearly. I try to stay as faithful as I can to the ref pics but in Odins' case the mesh didn't match any of the ref pics I found...so I merged 2 different designs and then added some of my own to it on the fly.

1. Do you find Jack Kirby's detailed style daunting in your skinning adventures, or do you enjoy going into all that detail?

2. I will kiss you if you do a Surtur skin.

Courtnall6

Quote from: Scorpion13mk2 on July 16, 2009, 10:29:40 PM
Quote from: Courtnall6 on July 16, 2009, 10:03:13 PM

1. Do you find Jack Kirby's detailed style daunting in your skinning adventures, or do you enjoy going into all that detail?

2. I will kiss you if you do a Surtur skin.

1 - I use to find Kirby style detail daunting. Not so much these days. I got a pretty good taste of Kirby detailing when I skinned the Celestials(which I yet to finish off).

2 - :o

Courtnall6