News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

C6's Excellence of Epidermis - Unstoppable!

Started by Courtnall6, January 11, 2009, 03:49:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jakew

I think I've said this previously, but I like the way you're making your faces so distinctive from one another.

I haven't really been following the whole "Champions" website concept, but I've just been noticing references to it on the forum recently and I'm anticipating being blown away by the content.  :thumbup:

Courtnall6

Take two! :D

QuoteI think I've said this previously, but I like the way you're making your faces so distinctive from one another.

Ya...I'm trying to stay away from my old standard face and give everyone their own look.
Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

BentonGrey

Wow C6, that is pretty impressive.  I think you've got a nice amount of detail on this one, not so much that you overload him, but enough that you give him a lot of texture.  I agree that the face work is nicely distinct.  I'm not usually one to ask this kind of question of you....but any chance you'll update your classic Thor? ;)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Courtnall6

Quotebut any chance you'll update your classic Thor?

See page 5 ;)

I should give him this new face tho...

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Outcast

Wow. You didn't miss a single thing C6. The details, highlights and texture work makes everything looks so real.  :shock2:

And the face...the face....it looks like...well, Thor of course. A bit older but Thor. :P

Tomato

Wow. I had a bit of concern at first about the scalemail (looked like you'd just thrown a blurred pattern on it) but whatever it was you changed (whether it's just the addition of the refl or you darkened it in some way) finally sells this 100% for me. It IS Thor in every sense now, you really did an awesome job.

My one critique though... and I know this is annoying, but it bugs me... Thor still has that squish neck.

Figure Fan

Courtnall6

Thanks for the comments!  :cool:

Quote from: Outcast on July 14, 2009, 03:35:44 PM
Wow. You didn't miss a single thing C6. The details, highlights and texture work makes everything looks so real.  :shock2:

And the face...the face....it looks like...well, Thor of course. A bit older but Thor. :P

You gave me an idea with the older comment. I always liked how Thor looked with a beard so I tried it out here. I might add it as an alternate skin.

Quote from: Tomato on July 14, 2009, 03:47:17 PM
Wow. I had a bit of concern at first about the scalemail (looked like you'd just thrown a blurred pattern on it) but whatever it was you changed (whether it's just the addition of the refl or you darkened it in some way) finally sells this 100% for me. It IS Thor in every sense now, you really did an awesome job.

My one critique though... and I know this is annoying, but it bugs me... Thor still has that squish neck.

Ya the neck thing...I never think about it so you'll have to keep nagging me until I fix it. :P

I just sharpened the scalemail some more. The pattern I made was much bigger and blurred alot when I shrank it down to the size I wanted.

captmorgan72

Yes!!!  :thumbup: That is exactly what has been missing from Thor's new design! I liked Copiel's redesign but something seemed like it was missing and that beard just answered it. It looks freaking fantastic! It makes Thor look like the successor to Odin as King of Asgard and not just his prince son. Yep, the beard seals the deal for me at least. Nothing says King like a beard.

Outcast

Quote from: Courtnall6 on July 15, 2009, 01:05:35 AM
You gave me an idea with the older comment. I always liked how Thor looked with a beard so I tried it out here. I might add it as an alternate skin.

Nice one C6! :thumbup: The beard really suits him. :)

Avalon

He looks 100 times better with the beard. More godly now.

Courtnall6

Odin...hmmm. Now you just gave me another idea....

Blkcasanova247

I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

Avalon

Tomato

Ares_God_of_War

Wow I agree this is 100X better with the beard. I wasnt too happy with the chin on the original
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die."

Courtnall6

In case no one has figured it out yet...here's an early WIP. :D

Quote from: Ares_God_of_War on July 15, 2009, 03:45:39 AM
Wow I agree this is 100X better with the beard. I wasnt too happy with the chin on the original

'Tis a manly chin!

Blkcasanova247

I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

Ares_God_of_War

hehe I will agree it was a manly chin but it just looked too large for the rest of his face, like he would have tiny top teeth and huuuge bottom ones. Just looked off porportionwise. Regardless Both do look great and my pref is the bearded one :P
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die."

GGiant

I like the bearded Thor, and that Odin looks nice just from that part. :blink:

P.S changing the thread name any time soon?

style

:wub: LOVE Odin and the Bearded Thor!!! Still no Volstagg? :huh:
The Ultimate Fan!

Courtnall6

Quote from: style on July 15, 2009, 09:45:52 PM
:wub: LOVE Odin and the Bearded Thor!!! Still no Volstagg? :huh:

Volstagg is still in production...not overly satisfied at how he's turning out so I'll probably end up restarting him altogether.

style

Thats kool, but your dislike will probably be our bewilderment! :faint
The Ultimate Fan!

Courtnall6

style

Sofar so great! :thumbup: Will you give him the patch over his eye?
The Ultimate Fan!

Courtnall6

captmorgan72

Odin is looking very good indeed. Any chance of giving Ulik a new paint job?

AfghanAnt

The beard is the most stunning detail here for me.

Avalon

Here comes Santa Claus..here comes Santa Clause  :P