AfghanAnt Artistic Advances 7/8/16 - Marvel Adventures Exclusives

Started by AfghanAnt, January 11, 2009, 02:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Podmark

I'm not really familiar enough with Wildchild to say. The different meshes really give it a different effect and I can't say without checking some reference. So I'll go check out comicvine and get back to you.

Great work though. Highlights are very smooth. The new AA looks great too. His face kinda makes me laugh.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

Well AA, I'd be happy to help you as much as I could if you decided you wanted to start learning it.  WW mod?

Hmm...I think I like the second one best.  The face seems more appropriate. 
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Xenolith

Well, the one on the left reminds me more of john byrne alpha flight era Wild Child.  I'm not sure what you are aiming for though.

Podmark

Looked at some AoA Wild Child, and honestly I saw pics that could work for either one, so honestly I'm not sure. Which one do you like AA?
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

miguelyanke

Spoiler
The size (i think) is better in skrull but the face is not to similar (i prefer the other one); so if you coul mix both he could be so wonderful.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Podmark on February 12, 2009, 05:48:24 AM
Looked at some AoA Wild Child, and honestly I saw pics that could work for either one, so honestly I'm not sure. Which one do you like AA?

I am actually most fond of the skrull base because the file is smaller and I didn't need any alpha layers to achieve the effect I wanted. I guess Wildchild has "Sabertooth" syndrome where every artist draws him differently.

UnkoMan

Honestly... I think the regular one looks more AoA, but also... that's just my preferance to that paticular character. I always liked him as a ferral but oddly handsome character, his face displaying the emotion that was kept inside. The caveman look works though.

Really, I'd say... release both! Let the user decide. I think my avatar comes with an extra mesh that has a short cape just in case. So why not?

Champion 2 of 11

I say the skrull base one as long as we get to see the ears!

Ares_God_of_War

For AoA I like #2 alot. It seems to capture the feel of him more there. Now #1 actually gives me a more Weapon X comiv vibe where he was bald and like snow white/grey and Sabertooth had the James Hetfield from metalica haircut
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die."

Lunarman

Sledgehammer

I choose the second Wildchild, AA. Works better in my opinion.

I must say your Rogue is a truly piece of art. Great stuff going on here, keep it up.

Failed_Hero

The one on the left would be great if you were going for the modern wild child

The second one would work for classic and AOA Wild Child.

I prefer the one on the right because I like the classic look of a mini sabertooth, that I could on some level feel sorry for.
At the end of the day all that matter is that I tried, right?

USAgent

I like the one on the right, it has a more unique look to it.

freedomgod55

AfghanAnt

Morph's Active Defense
Spoiler

I'm really happy with how this turned out.

I am so glad this project is done. I was suppose to send this pak out on Jan 16 and it is Feb 15!
Spoiler

The Enigma

It's a great skin, especially that costume work (minor things with his face, including the top lip and his nose lacking definition - I'm aware that's the character's design) but the Active Defence is what really makes it superb. Your graffiti is just perfect.
The Enigma skin by Juancho, thanks Jay. Fate skin by Kitt Basher, thanks Kitt. Microhero by Reepicheep, thanks Reep. Fate smiley by Paradox. RIP dude.

deano_ue

AfghanAnt

Quote from: The Enigma on February 15, 2009, 11:58:06 PM
It's a great skin, especially that costume work (minor things with his face, including the top lip and his nose lacking definition - I'm aware that's the character's design) but the Active Defence is what really makes it superb. Your graffiti is just perfect.

I'm quite happy with the face. Also Morph doesn't have a nose and the top lip has a cleft.

vamp

Dude. That face is amazing. :thumbup: But I'm sure you knew that  ;)

USAgent

Fantastic looking Morph!  You ought to be proud of his active defence, that is just too cool!  Excellent idea.  And that group shot!  Looking forward to the releases.

Jakew

That graffitti for Morph's "wall" defence, with the pic of Morph's original costume, is a fantastic touch.

The Exiles look amazing.

detourne_me

DrMike2000

Morph's active defence is a work of genius. I love it!
Stranger Than Fiction:
The Strangers, Tales of the Navigator and Freedom Force X
www.fundamentzero.com

Lunarman

miguelyanke

that's lovely!!! XD but the effect of a nose in his face looks strange... U-.-
Spoiler

BentonGrey

Wow...yeah, I agree with pretty much everything that's been said about just how awesome Morph is.  It seems like these AoA skins of yours have been even more fantastic than your normal work AA.  That active defense is just perfect.  I mean, that, and the flyswatter hand....I remember those PRECISELY from an issue of AoA.  They are absolutely perfect, like they were ripped from the page.  Great work man! 

I see that you went with the Skrull skope for Wildchild, and it does look great.  The other one gave him a bit more humanity, and I think that probably didn't jive with what you were going for with it.  This one looks more bestial, and appropriately so.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

AfghanAnt

Quote from: miguelyanke on February 16, 2009, 01:57:39 PM
I'm sorry I have no idea what you are trying to say. Are you talking about the bridge in the nose because there is no actually nose.

Quote from: BentonGrey on February 16, 2009, 01:57:39 PM
I see that you went with the Skrull skope for Wildchild, and it does look great.  The other one gave him a bit more humanity, and I think that probably didn't jive with what you were going for with it.  This one looks more bestial, and appropriately so.

That is exactly why I went with it. I kept looking at Wildchild in-game and he just looked like this thin man crouching on the ground. There wasn't that wild, beast thing going on. The character himself is so weird. He's been a little troll thing to a muscley man to a wild elf thing to a goblin to gothic thing.

The whole purpose of this pack was to create something I loved about the X-Mythos because right now the X-titles blow really hard. It is like all the action and fun has been replaced with "drama" and "secrets". I honestly think everything after Messiah CompleX killed the X-Men for me.

BentonGrey

That's one of the things that makes FF so incredibly great.  Thanks to artists like you, our favorite characters can exist JUST the way we want them.  That's what I've always loved about it. :)
God Bless

miguelyanke

Quote from: AfghanAnt on February 16, 2009, 03:12:17 PM
Quote from: miguelyanke on February 16, 2009, 01:57:39 PM
I'm sorry I have no idea what you are trying to say. Are you talking about the bridge in the nose because there is no actually nose.

that's the mesh has no nose but your skin looks like he has, i think, 'cause there are shadows in the middle of the eyes... i think the light should be reduced a lit not to look as shaping.

[ARGH!!! IT's DIFFICULT]

Anyway it's just my opinion

Sledgehammer

Simply brilliant! I can't tell you how much I like Morph, and that active defense is extremely creative. Fantastic work with AoA, overall.