AfghanAnt Artistic Advances 7/8/16 - Marvel Adventures Exclusives

Started by AfghanAnt, January 11, 2009, 02:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sioux City Dynamo

AA really nice work!  I love the avatar redesign!  This is really neat and what I think makes Freedom Force the most fun.

Respectfully,
Io

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Tomato on September 14, 2012, 03:26:44 PM
*reads through his AA-verse origin again*

*raises hand*

So, in your universe, you say I was burned by "someone"? Might we perhaps know this "someone"?
That is a secret...for now. :P

Quote from: Outcast on September 14, 2012, 04:43:19 PM
When AA mentioned he was making two designs. I thought he was designing two versions of the same character. But if it's the villain responsible for Tommy Mato's origin, that's pretty cool too. :cool:
It is actually 'Mato as a jr hero before the burns but I have been thinking about the villain the design for a few days now.

90s Bishop SPOILERS...
Spoiler

detourne_me

Ant! Bishop is looking great!
was wondering if you took care of that clipping on his left boot.
actually it looks like a whole new mesh

Deaths Jester

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on September 14, 2012, 06:45:33 PM
its all a misunderstanding. DJ ate the taco bell special platter and stood in front of an open flame

Hey, I didn't mean too...it was a mistake!!
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

BentonGrey

I love the anti-hero 'Mato.  That's great!

AA, Bishop, too awesome!  I have been wanting to see someone revisit my favorite time traveling mutant forever!  I will have to do something with him in an update to my Marvel mod, 'cause he is looking awesome!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Outcast

Awesome face you did for Bishop AA. I don't remember seeing that version of Bishop made before. Skope and skin looks really great. :o

About Tommy Mato's villain...i wonder if he/she would have fire powers too. Since Tommy did get burned and all. Hmmm...fire vs fire...interesting... though it's also quite possible that the villain just got Tommy in the right place for an explosion to give him those burns....intriguing. :)

Tomato

Actually, I get the impression the reason aa's version of me uses fire in the first place (it's not a superpower, thus why he's using flamethrowers) is BECAUSE the villain was flame based.

I'm trying to remember if any avatars were flame based, but I can't think of any offhand. Revenant used fire I think, but I don't think he was a villain... at least not one who would burn poor Sprout's face off.

Anyway, as far as bishop goes, the skin is pretty amazing. It's a shame bishop has gotten such horrible writing since his "turn" in the hope arc.

Outcast

Quote from: Tomato on September 23, 2012, 06:05:10 AM
Actually, I get the impression the reason aa's version of me uses fire in the first place (it's not a superpower, thus why he's using flamethrowers) is BECAUSE the villain was flame based.

I'm trying to remember if any avatars were flame based, but I can't think of any offhand. Revenant used fire I think, but I don't think he was a villain... at least not one who would burn poor Sprout's face off.

Hmmm..i see. Yes Revenant was one of the avatars that came to my mind when i was trying to guess who AA's redesign was. There was also Pyroclasm? I wasn't really sure. Was there an avatar that goes by the name Burnout? I presume his power is flame based. Then there's House Quake's FyreHawk? But i don't think he'd be a villain. Also based on Ms MJB's costume, she too has some fire powers.

But then again, i thought AA was going to design an entirely new and original villain for Tommy Mato. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. ^_^

Edit: Oh...or how about Firestorm? :wacko:

Tomato

Quote from: Outcast on September 23, 2012, 06:34:21 AM
Quote from: Tomato on September 23, 2012, 06:05:10 AM

Hmmm..i see. Yes Revenant was one of the avatars that came to my mind when i was trying to guess who AA's redesign was. There was also Pyroclasm? I wasn't really sure. Was there an avatar that goes by the name Burnout? I presume his power is flame based. Then there's House Quake's FyreHawk? But i don't think he'd be a villain. Also based on Ms MJB's costume, she too has some fire powers.

But then again, i thought AA was going to design an entirely new and original villain for Tommy Mato. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. ^_^

Edit: Oh...or how about Firestorm? :wacko:

Somehow I don't see MJB's wife burning my avatar's face off. Just sayin'

Outcast

Quote from: Tomato on September 23, 2012, 01:53:59 PM
Yeah i know, just throwing all the possible flame based avatars i've seen so far out there.  :P In the hopes that maybe someone will remember someone i haven't mentioned? :wacko:

Edit: If the villain is really going to be based on another avatar here in FR, he/she should be challenging enough but not too powerful for Tommy Mato to take him on with a flame thrower.....i think i remember an avatar name Psiblaze perhaps? Oh well...we'll know soon enough. :doh:

steamteck

Quote from: Tomato on September 23, 2012, 01:53:59 PM

Maybe you tried to get a little too frisky with her.  :o

Cyber Burn

Ok, I admit...It was me. I burnt 'Mato's face off.

<---Goes back to admire AA's Excalibur skins again.

detourne_me

Imagine my surprise when I checked out Heroforce today! :thumbup:

AfghanAnt

You can download my new content at HeroForce.

I hope everyone enjoys them. :)

UnkoMan

Oh my god, your Tomato... Mannnnn....

Your skins just get more and more incredible, but I love those original designs. Astounding!

AfghanAnt

Spoiler

Nox Blatta

BIO: A member of the Dictyoptera (an off-shoot of the Z'Zen race), Nox Blatta is guardian of the Z'Zen relic known as the Megalo-Hammer. A cunning mind known for dirty tactics, Nox is considered  the dark protector of the Empire and the sword to Afghan Ant's olive branch. In order to end the conflict, HIVE has sent Nox Blatta to capture the only other known super-organism host - Kid Ant!

Creator Notes: Well, I didn't want to make too many changes to his overall look but I definitely wanted him to play differently from Afghan Ant. I traded his Nega-Bands for a Megalo-Hammer and added a cool sheen to the armor section of his costume.

Spoiler

Halal Hornet

BIO: Former Vespa Aviation Officer (a feat not many Z'Zen women have achieved) and currently a bounty hunter, Halal Hornet abandoned her post to return to her homeworld at the beginning of the Catastrophe Conflict. As the sister of Afghan Ant, she is considered a public enemy. Despite this, she serves as member of HIVE and works to protect what is left of the Z'Zen empire.

Creator Notes: I thought Halal needed a lot of updating. I really wanted her to look like she had a connection to Afghan Ant but also her own woman.

Tomato

I knew that Nox Blatta looked new! Awesome job on updating them both, the update adds so much more character and life to them both. You really need to make a mod with these so we can actually play through some of these stories instead of just reading them.

Cyber Burn

Liking the update of the Megalo-Hammer for Nox Blatta.

Podmark

Both of those skins are just great. I really like the Nox update, though to be honest I prefer the original design for Halal.
A mod for your universe would really be cool.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

naitvalis

well i must admit i just love your character design and your personal "heroverse", the update of this two charcters is much more mature from all points of view, congratulation AA!

Outcast

:doh: I've forgotten about that Halal character. I remember reading that she was also a part of your Fractal Universe.

It's nice to see an update of the design and some bio on her.

To be honest, i like both the old and new skins for these characters. The older skins have this classic comic book wherein the shading and highlights aren't that strong but still noticeable. The newer skins reflect a style that's more like coloring in modern comics today where the highlights, shading and contrast are strong.

As for the designs, i'd say giving Nox Blata a formidable weapon and making his form bulkier does give emphasis that he and Afghan Ant are different in more ways than just being rivals. I think he can hold his own much better now against Afghan Ant.

Halal does look younger in your previous design, and i think i'm with Podmark on liking this younger version of the character. On the other hand, since Afghan Ant has somewhat changed his appearance as well over the years, it's not suprising that Halal would most likely have grown more mature as well. The scar on her face is a good way of showing this maturity and experience in her character. The dark colors in her costume now might also be a sign of a darker change that has come over her personality. :cool:

Edited to add:
Quote from: Tomato on October 14, 2012, 03:15:28 AM
...You really need to make a mod with these so we can actually play through some of these stories instead of just reading them.
I concurr. If there's anyone here who i think can pull it off, it would be you AA.  :P

AfghanAnt

deano_ue

bravo sir, you actually made an extremely boring and bland character interesting and amazing to look at

detourne_me

heck yeah! you even funkified his mullet! now i understand that kanye pic you posted... you've been looking at jericurl mullets too long AA
...all we need now is an 80s mullet Rogue and I think you've got them all, Rachel Summers, Bishop, and Longshot

Previsionary

I don't like Bishop at all, especially now, but that is one awesome skin, AA. *high fives*
Disappear when you least expe--

crimsonquill

Awesome Bishop, AA!!!! Now we just have to see what Marvel Now! is going to do with evil Bishop and his new look once he returns from being lost in time.

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

Podmark

Awesome! Big Bishop fan here, at one point he was one of my top 5 X-Men.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn