AfghanAnt Artistic Advances 7/8/16 - Marvel Adventures Exclusives

Started by AfghanAnt, January 11, 2009, 02:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AfghanAnt

Thanks guys! I forgot to show off the crazy fx of the sword. It has an ambient glow and a flaming energy trail. Looks super cool during combos.

Previsionary

Disappear when you least expe--

John Jr.

The hooded and armored versions are just stunning, AA. Your textures are unbelievable.

ghazkul

SWWWEEEETTT!!!!! Makes me want to start playing as X-Force again, lol. Are you planning on doing her Captain Britain costume? That was so bad it was good ^^.

laughing paradox

Ah ha, Lady Mandarin. I kind of wish they'd bring that incarnation back for a story or two. It still has a lot of potential.

murs47

Tomato

Quote from: murs47 on July 25, 2012, 10:53:15 PM
AA, you hate me.  :(

No murs, you hate yourself. There's a difference.

Sorry about not commenting on these skins as of yet (good to see you back btw) but they're all pretty much perfect.

AfghanAnt

Murs, I do not hate you!

Thanks everyone!

I've been working on Captain Britain/Lady Britain costumes, herofiles, and FXs for Psylocke. Should be releasing these soon on Freedom Force Universe!

deano_ue

stunning simply stunning, i haven't been commenting here much because i've been viewing your stuff on flickr

and i'm also glad to see the site back on its feet, i really need to dl the hero files

AfghanAnt

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on July 26, 2012, 07:55:58 PM
stunning simply stunning, i haven't been commenting here much because i've been viewing your stuff on flickr

and i'm also glad to see the site back on its feet, i really need to dl the hero files

Thanks TUE. :)

Here's a preview of the next (final?) Psylocke skin. I've already moved on to Cap Britain's skopes. :D
Spoiler

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

AfghanAnt

And she's done.

I really want to get in-game shots of the special fxs so you can see them - they are pretty neat.

deano_ue

beautiful  simply beautiful

the colours are vibrant but not over powering and the sleeves are superbly done.

my only critique and it is a nitpick is i would love to see her eyes, i know its not in the design but i think it will make he face and mask really pop

laughing paradox

Nice skin! I never realized until now that Psylocke's first X-men costume is basically a recolored version of her Captain Britain one.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on July 29, 2012, 04:42:08 PM
beautiful  simply beautiful

the colours are vibrant but not over powering and the sleeves are superbly done.

my only critique and it is a nitpick is i would love to see her eyes, i know its not in the design but i think it will make he face and mask really pop

Thanks! I'm actually think about doing an alternate with her purple hair, so we will see.

Brian Braddock in his second costume. I'm toying with the idea of doing the first costume but I'm staying away for the other looks (especially Britannic).

Podmark

Wow, that looks great. These have all been amazing, it's great to have you skinning again AA.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

martialstorm

Love both of the Captain Britains (Betsy & Brian in my favorite costume). I can't blame you in staying away from Britannic which was a look that summed up everything that was wrong with Marvel (And comics in general) in the nineties.

jocke32

Tomato

Quote from: jocke32 on July 30, 2012, 04:33:13 PM
That Capt brit is 100 %  :thumbup:

What are you talking about? Obviously AA's Captain Britain is... 20% cooler.

:cool:

Previsionary

AA, are you trying to appeal to me right now? It's working. Vury good, sir. Vury good.
Disappear when you least expe--

BentonGrey

Wow, I've missed a lot of awesomeness AA!  These have all looked awesome, but I really like the mask on Captain Britain.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Previsionary on July 30, 2012, 11:59:47 PM
AA, are you trying to appeal to me right now? It's working. Vury good, sir. Vury good.

I actually am. :D

Thanks folks. I enjoyed skinning Cap Brit a lot.

Started working on Meggan but can't figure out what mesh to use for the hair. :/

martialstorm

Personally I think either your Mera or Starfire's are very good matches for Meggan, either way I'm loving all of these skins.

detourne_me

I agree, maybe a skope of Gren's Darkstar would be good for the length... but the wavyness...maybe an Ink hairdo?

Fantastic skins and skopes as always AA!

spydermann93

Wow...

Simply stunning, AA! The detail is just amazing! :thumbup:

murs47

Woah AA, great detail on the wrists and excellent work on the crest/logo on his chest. Just an excellent skin.

Helix

I have waited a decade to see Captain Britain honored so well. I absolutely mean no disrespect to the other great skinners who have done him before, but AA, you just blew my mind with this skin. Well done, sir!

Bloodshadow

All the psylockes and Britains look completely amazing! :blink:

cmdrkoenig67

I love the Captain Britains, and the Psylocke with sword fx looks amazing, AA...Bravo!

Dana