Da Glob's Skin-A-Rama 06/19/20-Work in Progress

Started by daglob, January 01, 2009, 05:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

docdelorean88

Quote from: daglob on August 31, 2011, 01:30:52 PM
Are the sparkles on that suit like stars in the background? Yes, that is possible.
Okay, cool! Yes thats what it is supposed to be. :) I found this design on deviant art, and really liked it.
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

daglob

docdelorean88

WOW!  Thats exactly what i meant! :D Great work!
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Cyber Burn

Very nice, I can't wait to see the finished product.

laughing paradox

Really nice texture work on this GL, Daglob.

murs47

Oh wow, that's a cool GL design. Cant wait to see this finished!

ShawDAMAN

Another work of art! Not familiar with the character but now I'm going to be.  :lol:

Cyber Burn

The character is called the Scarlet Scarab. I believe that he is a foe of the Invaders.

BentonGrey

Ohh, awesome!  The Scarlet Scarab lives!  Hah, that is great, and he looks dead-on.  I can't believe Daglob took this project on despite everything that he's dealing with.  I'll make sure to put this guy to good use!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

The library's computer seems to be having problems, and for some reason this site isn't blocked. So, here is some of the stuff I've been working on:

Starting on the left is a guy with a stupid name but an interesting concept: The Blue Circle. He appeared in Blue Circle comics, and was a reformed criminal who worked for a group of men who called themselves "The Blue Circle". Next is "The Secret Circle", three brothers who fight crime; each is an expert in some field-fighting, acrobatics, you know. Next to them is Sky Wizard-a super-scientific crime fighter, and then The Phantom Flyer (who has one of the most unappealing color schemes I've ever seen. Not a good CLEAN orange and green like Aquaman-this is kind of a muddy, drab, orange and green). The guy in the middle is one of a robonic set (Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk), for whic I'm thinking of doing a "Shemp" also. The lone woman is the original version of The Black Venus, before she adopted the skin-tight black costume that would make her look like The Black Angel. Then we have Alias: The Dragon (police scientist who develops a flame gun and puts on a fireproof costume to fight crooks), The Aerialist (one of Green Lantern's opponents-I have a gold-masked GL to go with him), and Jungle Fighter. Behind them we have The Menace (who may have gotten posted already), and Captain Milksop (whose adventures I think are hilarious). 'Way in the back and airborne is an X-Skrull from a RPG, and The Great Zaro (NOT Zorro).

From the left, we have Captain K.O. (who may have been posted already), Martan the Marvel Man and his wife Vanna (who was requested a LONG ime ago), and Metalo-a Superman villain from the '40s (that's Metalo, not Metallo). The guy in the front is an original character: Sledge-O-Matic Man. Behind him to the right is Nightfighter-an unpublished Jack Kirby creation, a scope of Texas Jack's space soldier, Ron Ely as Kal El, and another in what seem to be an interminable series of Spider-Men attributed to Jolly Jack. In the back is Zha-Vam, another Superman opponent

Here we start on the left with Fire-Eater, who, oddly enough, breathed fire. Then we have The Owl's partner Owl Girl, Sky Chief, and two versions of Leeloo from The 5th Element. Next to her is Svengoolie, then The Big Man (an old Spidey foe), and Cat-Man in his original... costume (such as it was).

Lastly, here are a bunch of Kryptonians. The guy in the middle and the ones in the back are from a story where a bunch of Kryptonian criminals came to Earth. Going to the left from the middle to the left are Mala, U-Ban, and Kizzo, three brothers who were exiled to space in the days before the Phantom Zone (maybe... there seems to be some continuity problems here) and crash-landed on Earth years later, and the last guy, on the far left, is named Jor El. Yes, this is one of the costumes he wore. In the story about the three brothers, it seemd to change from panel to panel, but this is pretty much what it looked like.

spydermann93

Holy meshes, Batman!

Daglob has returned with an army of awesome creations! :o

Nice to see you back, Daglob :D

Cyber Burn

WOW!!! I know you said you've been busy, but WOW!!!

Xenolith

Wish I could play  :ff: or  :ffvstr: on my computer.

Amazo Version 2.2

great skins daglob, you always seem to get better and better
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

martialstorm

Wonderful to see your the work back on the forum Daglob   :thumbup:

laughing paradox

That is a very cool collection of characters. (Alliteration! A-Yeah!)

Leeloo looks great. The hair piece for her original look is perfect.

Outcast

In the library eh, that's pretty resourceful of you Daglob.  :)

Nice to see some new stuff from you. Lots of cool characters and great face work too. :cool:

detourne_me

i love your 'original' character Mr. Sledge-o-matic!
Does he have watermelon FX?

Cyber Burn

Quote from: detourne_me on May 23, 2012, 08:06:17 PM
i love your 'original' character Mr. Sledge-o-matic!
Does he have watermelon FX?

That would be so cool. Then we could have a plastic tarp as an active defense.  :thumbup:

Podmark

Wow. That is a lot of skins. Very impressive.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

JKCarrier

Great stuff! Zha-Vam has been on my "to do" list for about a million years, glad someone finally got around to him.  :thumbup: Great to see Mala, U-Ban and Kizo, too! I loves me some Superman villains.

BentonGrey

Wow!  Look at all this awesome stuff!  Sheesh DG, you've been busy man!  A bunch of those are really, really neat looking.  I don't know most of the characters, but I could see finding uses for several of those awesome skins. :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

Well, from the left we have a FF1 version of Radior-the X-Ray Powerman, and Captain Truth- a Captain Marvel clone with a streak of exibitionism. Next to him is a wip of Alchemiss as a Star Sapphire, and the little guy is Impossible Man (and if you think that Normalman was an original idea, you're wrong). By him is VX Spiderman on VX Male v3. I have no idea where I got it, it may be a WIP also, since the "aura" version doesn't seem to work. I don't remember who gave me this Nite Owl scope, either (Dr. Challenger, maybe?), but it's been languishing on my hard drive for far too long-so I skinned it. The next pair is the Golden Age hero Boomerang and his partner Diana, followed by Bat-Hulk. No, really. He's from a Brave and Bold story where Bats teamed up with Metamorpho. The Joker and co. gave poor ol' Bruce a drug to turn him into a villain, then regretted it (if anyone feels like putting some particle emmitters on the hands of a THV mesh, send it to lonespaceranger@mail.com and I'll use it). After Bat-Hulk is a FF1 Syndrome, and a pulp villian named Dr. Satan. In the back is Rocketboy, the beginnings of Detective Eye, and a skin for one of Texas Jack's meshes.

Whew! in this crew is Solarman, The Beast (with toes), a REALLY strange Golden Age character named Hip Knox, and a Wonder Girl that I THINK I did (I mean, I have a PSD file for her, and it LOOKS like I might have done it, but I don't remember it). Next to Wondy is Super-Ann; the world's strongest girl, and past her is a Scottish super-heroine named Acro-Maid. The two versions of The Fly are skinned by Copper Age and Tommy Troy; I just did the scope combining Adam Strange, Male Alpha, and some wings from a Tom Versatile mesh. On the end is a female zombie. In the back is a strange scope of The Hulk, and the British version of Nighthawk.

On either end is The Black Dwarf-a Shadow-like character from Red Seal Comics and a couple of others. The red and green outfit is what he wore at first, but I think the black outfit was what I think he was intended to wear all along (in the later issues it was a black outfit). The guy with the bow time and glasses is Sparky Watts, then is a WIP of Ron Ely as Tarzan (on Johnny Patches' Male Abs mesh), Judge Anderson, and two back to back versions of Nightbird (why either one of them would be consdiered "night" costumes is beyond me). Front and center is the way The Moon Man looked in all the illustrations of his pulp adventures-but not the way he was described. I can't remember if Man-Spider has been previewed before, but he brought the Atlas Comic's Tarantula with him. Next to him is a version of Space Ghost, and Atlas Comic's Protector (aka Phoenix) flies overhead.

Okay, here we have three minions. These meshes haven't had any real skins before, and I was just fooling around.

Winding down now. The characters in the back are, of course, Dominic Fortune and The Scorpion from Atlas Comics in his original pulpish format. The guy in the front is Thor. That's right-the Golden Age version.

Here is Equinox, with a changing mesh and fire and ice effects. It's a scoped Human Torch mesh that I have already released with The Christmas Torch skin in the Christmas Craziness folder at Character Obscura. 

I know I've missed a few...

Cyber Burn

Quality and quantity, I love it. You have a lot of really good stuff here Daglob.

Podmark

Wow this is a crazy amount of skins! Good job.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

laughing paradox

You've been real busy with skins! It's nice seeing some of these obscure characters, like Syndrome or Space Ghost.

Cool stuff!

John Jr.

Impressive work as always, DG. I never thought I would see the Bathulk for FF...
Your skoping ability is just amazing.

martialstorm

Brilliant Daglob, so glad to see your work again. An amazing collection here with a lot of my favorite characters including classic Beast, Nite Owl, Dominic Fortune and the Fly.