Da Glob's Skin-A-Rama 06/19/20-Work in Progress

Started by daglob, January 01, 2009, 05:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

Thanks, Benton.

I almost forgot the skin for this mesh I was doing.

John Jr.

Grimjack is impressive, the clothwork and the face are great. Truman would be proud.

daglob

This is just a little experimenting on a mesh done by Goggles Pizzano. First, we have the face. I'm calling this one Eternity for right now. I was trying to make a 3-D effect on the skin, so that it looked like he was a hole in space and you could see stars in him.

If you look, there is a distinctive pattern of stars in his chest, and they move when you change position.

And here is an experimental Captain Universe. The white parts are opaque, and the blue areas are on the inside of the skin.

It's not quite like I thought it might look (due in no way to Goggles' fantastic work), but it doesn't look bad at all.

I can see other possibilities, too.

GogglesPizanno

Imagine if the inside skin were animated.... Ooooo Ahhhh.

BentonGrey

Wow, that first one is really freaking neat....

"It's full of stars!"
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

Quote from: GogglesPizanno on August 22, 2011, 03:11:01 AM
Imagine if the inside skin were animated.... Ooooo Ahhhh.

I was going to save that for when I asked about you doing one for FF1.

cmdrkoenig67

daglob

Another experiment. It should probalby be re-done by someone who can align the skeleton better.

But this is how comic book artists drew guys in skeleton suits for years-like a skeleton with a black area around it instead of a black leotard with a white design on it.

Combine this with the other one, add a head emitter, and you could do Larry Trainor with his bandages off.

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

AfghanAnt

Really liking these experiment - it is giving me really great skinning ideas. :)

daglob

The one with the skeleton is actually a different mesh from Captain Universe and Eternity.

oldmanwinters

Looks like Halloween came early this year!  Nice details on those bones, Daglob!

Cyber Burn

Isn't there a Skeleton Mesh? Could you combine that and a transparent Male_Basic type mesh to get the results you want?

daglob

That's the skeleton from Dr. Phosophorus. I think it's used in several other meshes. I know Skeleton Boots by Mijmax/3D Master and Bearded's Zombie Alpha are different. Bamphalas' skeletons are pretty much the same as this.

Someone else did all the work on the bones of the skeleton. I just made 'em white and inverted the colors.

martialstorm

Randomdays

On the Flying saucer from Feb, I'd like to see that tweeked into a Jupiter 2 and then some Robinsons skinned to go with it.

And of course, the B-9!

daglob

Yellow Lantern did these, but no one has ever done anything with them as far as I can tell.

Podmark

That might be what I used for my Layla Miller skin.
Neat kids Daglob.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

daglob

I thought I typed in that the mesh was by Yellow Lantern. I just splashed some colors on them.

daglob

oldmanwinters

herodad1

thats really cool. ever thought of doing that with a female mesh. make it transparent or semi for the invisable woman?

daglob

If this worked, I was going to ask for a female version. Goggles Pizzano made the double-sided meshes, This is beyond what I can do.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: daglob on August 28, 2011, 04:56:42 PM
If this worked, I was going to ask for a female version. Goggles Pizzano made the double-sided meshes, This is beyond what I can do.

That would be really cool. A dedicated Invisible Woman mesh would be awesome.

daglob

I've fixed up C6's invisible Girl.Woman skins with Alpha Channels that rendered her transparent, What we need is an attrubute called "invisible" or "indetectable" that makes the villains ignore the character except when the character attacks (and they will start ignoring him again in some kind of time limit), or if the villain has Enhanced Senses. FFv3R has it.

daglob

docdelorean88

Thats actually pretty spiffy looking! I like it! :D
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

BentonGrey

Haha, yeah, that design works surprisingly well.
God Bless

docdelorean88

Quote from: daglob on August 22, 2011, 02:12:42 AM
This is just a little experimenting on a mesh done by Goggles Pizzano. First, we have the face. I'm calling this one Eternity for right now. I was trying to make a 3-D effect on the skin, so that it looked like he was a hole in space and you could see stars in him.

Spoiler

If you look, there is a distinctive pattern of stars in his chest, and they move when you change position.

And here is an experimental Captain Universe. The white parts are opaque, and the blue areas are on the inside of the skin.

It's not quite like I thought it might look (due in no way to Goggles' fantastic work), but it doesn't look bad at all.

I can see other possibilities, too.
This is such an interesting mesh. LOTS of possibilities, so i have to ask, could something like this theoretically be possible on said mesh?:
Spoiler
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

daglob

Are the sparkles on that suit like stars in the background? Yes, that is possible.