Da Glob's Skin-A-Rama 06/19/20-Work in Progress

Started by daglob, January 01, 2009, 05:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

windblown

They look great, I especially like Ultraman and the Shape

daglob

I've already done a skin for Fantomah, but I did this one months ago and in all the problems with my meds it got forgotten. Anyway, this is a scope of Grenadier's Sersi and Lady Blackhawk's skirt. Like just about every other character created by Fletcher Hanks, she can do just about anything. She could probably hold her own against Doc Strange or The Specter.

daglob

Years back I got a magazine that had an article about Mayo Kaan, a man who said that he was the first person to dress up as Superman, posing for Siegel and Schuster, and he had pictures to prove it. The story he told has some problems, especially since he stated that he had done this in 1936 and a building in the background of one of the pictures had not been built until 1940. However, a post by another member reminded me, so I did a skin for him. This is a work in progress, but it is nearly finished.

daglob

A work in progress. I know the boots are wrong, and I haven't done the seams or the cape clips yet.

WyldFyre

Loving the Fantomah. And the S-Men are looking good too.  :thumbup:
For Freedom!

FF Museum Website: http://ffmuseum.org/

daglob

This is a WIP on a mesh by (I think) Bearded In Lair, and I have no idea who it is.

bearded

That's not me! I've never done arm holsters like that.

daglob

detourne_me

I think it was golbez.  How did you end up skinning him? I thought there was no texture map on the mesh! He looks fantastic DG!

daglob

I used Nifscope to make one. I also had to move a couple of pieces around to get the holster, gun, and hair to fit (the wireframe looks weird). All in all it wasn't that difficult; I'm surprised no one else has done it before.

If it was Golbez, where did I find it?

detourne_me

Nice work!  I got him off a yahoo group a while ago. Maybe one of the freedomforcemeshes ones.  They were kind of a repository for older meshes that had no other homes.
I'm really glad you were able to skin this badboy though. Hes got some cool keyframes if i remember correctly.

Cyber Burn

Definitely looks cool, I can't wait to get my grubby little hands on this.

daglob

I found it. It was at Freedom Force Meshes 1 Yahoo Group. The author is listed as Unknown, and the poster is mijman2k. Is this scopable and releasable?

daglob

spydermann93

docdelorean88

Quote from: daglob on November 21, 2016, 04:59:19 AM

A work in progress. I know the boots are wrong, and I haven't done the seams or the cape clips yet.

Stoked about this Daglob!
Side note, I just wanted to thank you for all the incredible work you do for this community. You keep us moving forward and are always putting out great new content to keep us all in the game, and i cant thank you enough for that! Keep up the good work sir!
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

daglob

Thank you, but as I've said before, it it weren't for the meshers and the scopers, I wouldn't have anything to do. And I've learned much from the other skinners.

daglob

This is the "non-Christmas" version of this costume that Medusa wore in Amazing Spider-Man #62. I have no idea why Jazzy Johnny Romita drew this one instead of her regular purple one, unless he just thought that redheads ought to wear green.

crosspotts1.0

ELECTR0

Medusa is looking good. The cover to ASM #62 is really cool, if you haven't seen it before, then it's worth googling. It would make for a nice poster.

Edit : Maybe Jhon drew her costume like that because it looks more like a snake.

daglob

The mesh is a little funny. I really don't know anything about this character, but some of the animations are neat. I've seen pics that have her costume the same colors as Megaman or pink.

daglob

I found this suit on the internet, supposedly one of the proposed version of Spidey's costume for Civil War. I prefer the one they went with, but this has a certain appeal, like something Peter might whip up in a few minutes in an emergency. I really don't understand the eyes.

Podmark

Interesting look, on the plain side though. Has a symbiote vibe.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Ouflah

I recognize that suit, I'm fairly sure it was one of the ones from the concept art of ASM2.

Doesn't really feel Spider-Man-y enough to me, but it does have a symbiote feel to it as Podmark said.
"Superhero deaths are basically an unproven hypothesis at this point."
-Mike Exner III

daglob

They probably told the artist that he had to use red and blue, and have a spider on it, so he tried to one up Steve Ditko (wonder what Kirby's original version for Stan looked like?).

Actually, having done a few Spider-Man skins, I don't blame him for trying to avoid the webbing...

daglob

If you go looking for pictures of Chinese, Korean, or Mexican bootleg action figures on the internet, you will find all sorts of nearly familiar characters. Rainbow Hulks, Red or Blue Spidermans, strange combinations of capes and cowls, many with a LEDs in their chests for pretty much no reason other than to say "electronic" on the box or card and charge a few more kopeks or whatever. Here is Super Spider, the only real claim to fame he has is his box art looks like it was traced from some Curt Swan art.