Da Glob's Skin-A-Rama 06/19/20-Work in Progress

Started by daglob, January 01, 2009, 05:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ouflah

Quote from: daglob on January 02, 2017, 02:05:10 AM
Actually, having done a few Spider-Man skins, I don't blame him for trying to avoid the webbing...
I did a redesign for Spidey a while back that got rid of the webbing and still looked kinda like the original with a few lines. I should redraw it and post it here one of these days...
"Superhero deaths are basically an unproven hypothesis at this point."
-Mike Exner III

daglob

Please do, and post it someplace where we can all go and get it  ;)

Ouflah

Sorry, when I said draw I didn't mean skin-- I'm a bit out of practice on that front. 

Still, if you're curious about my design, here it is:
-Mike Exner III

daglob

Frankly, that design is pretty good, better than a LOT of alternate designs I've seen. If you made it, I'd download it and use it.

Ouflah

Thanks! I spent a lot of time thinking about costume redesigns about a year or so ago. I wanted to come up with a design that was simpler but still felt like Spidey.

I used to be alright at making skins-- right now is a bit of a busy time (I'm preparing to launch my own weekly web-comicbook and robotics season is almost here) but if I make it I'll definitely let y'all know.
-Mike Exner III

spydermann93

Wow! That's pretty good. Definitely agree with Glob, here. Waaaay better than quite a few of the official designs.

I like that the spider is hanging from a little string of silk

Podmark

I quite like the front and back logos on that Spider-Man design. Very nice.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

daglob

Quote from: Ouflah on January 03, 2017, 03:11:35 PM
Thanks! I spent a lot of time thinking about costume redesigns about a year or so ago. I wanted to come up with a design that was simpler but still felt like Spidey.

I used to be alright at making skins-- right now is a bit of a busy time (I'm preparing to launch my own weekly web-comicbook and robotics season is almost here) but if I make it I'll definitely let y'all know.

:)

daglob

Quote from: daglob on November 01, 2016, 09:48:31 PM

I don't remember doing this skin. Did I do it for somebody? Regardless, I need to pack it up and send it to Alex.

docdelorean88

Quote from: Ouflah on January 03, 2017, 02:33:23 AM
Sorry, when I said draw I didn't mean skin-- I'm a bit out of practice on that front. 

Still, if you're curious about my design, here it is:

Seriously digging this design!!! Reminds me of the old ps1 games!
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Cyber Burn

Quote from: daglob on January 04, 2017, 07:29:47 PM
Quote from: daglob on November 01, 2016, 09:48:31 PM

I don't remember doing this skin. Did I do it for somebody? Regardless, I need to pack it up and send it to Alex.

That's one we were working on. If you're finished with the Skin, could you send it my way please? I want to try to adjust the Skope a little bit before it gets sent out.

Also, did I ever send you the updated "Demon Agents" and "Morbanes"? The ones with FF1 and FFvt3R versions?

John Jr.

Nice job with Mentor, CB and DG. I'm glad to see some things never changes, it's nice to see some new (great) content from both of you.

daglob

Well, I lost this and can't seem to find it, so I did another. 13 fought Captain Atom in his last Charlton issue. He has a cat (Faustus) who flies around him making comments and helping. This is the best cat I've found, although it isn't what I want. Actually, what I want is a cat that really does fly around and actually fires a couple of attacks. But, this isn't too bad. I also wanted to use Tomato's mesh, but his mesh won't use Tommy's Float Magic keyframes. So, I transplanted Tomato's Male Deadpool mesh to Tom Versatile.

BentonGrey

You could try building the skope on somebody's Booster Gold, perhaps.

I know nothing about this guy, but the visual is just hilariously fun.  :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

WyldFyre

Quote from: BentonGrey on January 22, 2017, 01:38:39 AM
You could try building the skope on somebody's Booster Gold, perhaps.

Or maybe the falcon mesh with redwing?  I don't know if transplanting a cat to redwing would work.... But just a thought. Or what Benton said.  :)
For Freedom!

FF Museum Website: http://ffmuseum.org/

daglob

A request (and I was getting tired of pink, purple, gold, and green).

A newer version of CTool and the characters aren't broken into pieces. The animation is funny, though, but that may be the laptop.

BentonGrey

Ha, I think I'd read that comic....

Nice work, DG!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

deanjo2000

Awesome :thumbup:
You know you have to do a sinestro corps megatron now :P
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

daglob

Still having trouble skinning, but the mouse is big enough that I can hang on to it. So, here is a new view of The Beyonder from Secret Wars II. The only change is the scoped on Klaw blaster. It also looks like the hair may be a pony tail (been so long since i read the story), but that is a small thing. Makes me wonder if The Beyonder had read World's Finest #142...

laughing paradox

It's always a delight to catch up on the things you work on. Fantomeh? Awesome! I love the texture work on your Superman, Green Optimus Prime Lantern is great and that Beyonder look made me smile.

Great work, DG!

daglob

A skin for Weekender, a character so obscure he never had any adventures.

BentonGrey

Haha, how do you find these guys, DG?  He looks good for a never-was. :lol:

I'm sorry to hear you're still having trouble, but it's great to see that you've been able to get back to it some.  I know that means a lot.
God Bless

Cyber Burn

I love these obscure history lessons Daglob!  :thumbup:  Man, I totally forgot about that version of the Beyonder. Awesome!

daglob

Weekender is one of several cover-only characters, such as Red Star (if he wasn't Red Rube), Double-Up, Liberty, and Green Light,  who appeared on foreign reprints of American comics. There were a few American characters on books from publishers whose comics were collections of art from various comic suppliers (like Harry A. Chesler and Jerry Iger). One such was the character on the cover of K.O. Comics #1 (and only). I've seen it attributed to Jack Kirby, which would explain why he was wearing Thor's helmet...

And, let's face it, CB, that version of The Beyonder is pretty forgettable...

daglob

The guy on the left is only slightly less obscure than Weekender, having actually had two adventures. He is Spitfire, supposedly from Harvey Comics, but that may not be the case. Spitfire appeared in Spitfire Comics, but was featured  on the cover of neither issue; the first issue was an illustration of Spitfire aircraft, and the cover of the second issue starred The Fly Man. The people who created Spitfire Comics may have done it on their own, and when it failed, went to work for Harvey. Spitfire Comics was a digest-sized, 100-page book, much like Harvey's Pocket Comics, so who knows? Spitfire had a bizarre origin, involving 18th century pirates, The Fountain of Youth, suspended animation, mysterious volcanic gasses, and Nazis. Spitfire could, of course, spit fire. His appearance is based on Douglas Fairbanks in the comic, but I had to make do with Fairbanks Junior.

The other guy is a representation of the uniform for the cyborgs I am working on. What you can't see is that the arms, legs, boot, gloves, and all sorts of stuff can be hidden to better show the cybernetics. There are short-pantsed and short-sleeved versions, as well as a Male Belt adaptation, all in one file. It will be a Photoshop folder that I can copy to each skin and personalize. For some reason, all such cyborgs seem to be dressed so as to show their metallic parts.

deanjo2000

Very nice,plus educational which I love. If I had cybernetic parts I'd show them off too :D
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

daglob

John Jr.

Great cyborg, DG. He would look great in any sci-fi based campaign.