Da Glob's Skin-A-Rama 06/19/20-Work in Progress

Started by daglob, January 01, 2009, 05:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

On the left is Mr. Q, a character from Harvey Comics (he appeared in The Green Hornet), and on the right we have one of Wonder Woman's adversaries-Mouseman. The smaller pic is about how small he should be in the game. Mouseman is small, fast, stronger than he looks, and seems to command rodents like mice and rats.

And people laugh at Aquaman...

Cyber Burn

:lol: Mouseman, now that is great!

Quote from: daglob on March 12, 2014, 10:32:01 PM

Copper Age did a fine Steel Sterling skin, but he was handicapped at the time by the lack of a proper mesh. Here is my version.

I love seeing anything related to the MLJ/Red Circle/Impact line of characters.  :thumbup:

BentonGrey

Haha, Mosueman?  Yeah, with characters like this around, it is a wonder folks make fun of Arthur!  That's a nice skin, though.

I love that Steel Sterling.  That's a great skin, and I especially like the hopeful optimism in his face.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

I can't take credit for Steel Sterling's face, since it's a C6 base. I still have trouble getting the skin tones right for my base. I also intend to do a golden age version of Steel, the one with pants that are riveted on.

Talk about TOUGH!

BentonGrey

Haha, steel must refer to his bladder control...

Well, the rest of the skin is excellent as well, DG. :)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

windblown

I didn't know the character, but Mouseman skin looks great.

daglob

Well, on the left we have the beginings of The Living Mummy, then Jimmy Olsen as The Human Octopus (that is not my skin-just a placeholder), and, from Sensation comics #1, The Gay Ghost. It isn't one of those with a second form hanging around; he has a "ghost" version and a more solid version.

spydermann93

I just read what you have in store for us in the "To-Do List" thread, and I'm seeing that you're already beginning Operation Olsen Overload :P

BentonGrey

I just learned about the Gay Ghost a few weeks ago, neat!
God Bless

daglob

Quote from: spydermann93 on March 24, 2014, 10:52:31 PM
I just read what you have in store for us in the "To-Do List" thread, and I'm seeing that you're already beginning Operation Olsen Overload :P

Atomic Robot barely started the Alternate Olsens, and was kind enough to skin The Human Procupine (AKA Porcupine Jimmy) for me. It's odd to think that Jimmy and Lois had solo adventures for YEARS, and they had to sell, because they went on for YEARS.

Big Brain Jimmy will be a bit of a problem, but "Winky" (Blinky?) won't...

Ahhh... How I fondly remember "The World of Doomed Olsens"...

daglob

In the middle is a project that Cyber Burn and I have been working on. To your left are The Three Stooges (based on The Robonic Stooges cartoon). I may change the mesh for Curly, and am open to suggestions for Larry's hair. To your right are The Strange Costumes of Superboy. About a year after Batman had a strange costumes issue, so did Superboy (Superboy #16), although Rainbow Superboy beat Rainbow Batman by about six years.

BentonGrey

Ohh man, I love that armored Lantern.  That's great!
God Bless

Cyber Burn

Quote from: BentonGrey on March 31, 2014, 10:27:41 PM
Ohh man, I love that armored Lantern.  That's great!

Unfortunately, that project is a heavy WIP that has taken me much longer than anticipated. I am very grateful that Daglob is an extremely patient person.

The Stooges, all I can say is, how cool is that?  :thumbup:

Your line-work on Rainbow Superboy is fantastic, really just extremely clean.

Starman

Nice work on the Gay ... I mean, Grim Ghost  :thumbup:

daglob

No, no, The Grim Ghost was a '70s Atlas comic.

And I know that DC has had an attack of the retcons. ;)

Another non-existant super-hero: Tick Chick. She is not exactly from "The Tick's Back" mini-series. I need to raise the tops of the boots and enlarge the leg pouches a little. I may do the version of The Tick that appears along side her.

EDIT: Okay, I was wrong; Tick Lady is from the "Big Blue Destiny" miniseries. I've got the collected version, and "Tick's Back" is the "0' issue.

daglob

On the left is the version of TheTick from "Big Blue Destiny" that shows up on what I take to be an "Image" version of the character. I haven't decided if I'm going to put a window on his chest (like the one on Tick Lady's tummy). Actually, he looks pretty good as is.

On April Fool's Day, Sideshow Collectables sent out an advertisement for a "new" doll-THE GOVERNATOR! So...

...and on the right is Tomato's Male Fat dropped into male Cape Rotund, and looking a little better.

Podmark

These are some neat new skins Daglob! I like that rainbow Superboy and the armored lantern really stands out.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

ShortFuse

Robotic Stooges... Classic. Fantastic work daglob.

daglob

Thank you all.

Sick Alice has gotten me thinking about Lantern's again, so here are Captain Lantern, Genie Lantern, and the next-to-the-last person Sinestro would like to see with a yellow power ring. Okay, maybe Thanos would be tied for that position with Darkseid, but it would still be bad.

You can't tell from the pic, but Cap's shield is semi-transparent, and it occurs to me that Genie's carpet should be a green construct.

vorelliwiseau

Great idea, giving the Freedom Force members some power rings! Any more of those coming soon?

Minuteman would definitely be a green, Mentor a blue, Alchemiss a yellow (foreshadowing, I guess?) I'd love to see more of these.

BentonGrey

Ohh, I like the Green Genie lantern!
God Bless

daglob

I actually did Alchemiss as a Star Sapphire and I've done Bulletman as a GL. I hadn't thought about Mentor, but you're right. Although... possibly indigo?

I've got this weird idea of Minuteman as an Indigo Tribesman, using the staff as a weapon.

Cyber Burn

Loving the Lantern Characters. I would really love to see a shield throw FX for Captain Lantern.

BigD

I really like the preview of Captain Lantern, Genie Lantern and the Yellow Lantern Corps version Thanos so far daglob, but most of all they look awesome ^_^. Also, I know you just said and I quote for you the following in one of your replies "I actually did Alchemiss as a Star Sapphire and I've done a Bulletman as a GL." and I wasn't sure if you had them ready, uploaded already or not yet and along with that I couldn't even find them for sure. I'm hoping that you would tell me for sure if they are up somewhere for grabs, but if not yet then I'll wait patiently for sure :). Anyways, since you mentioned about something involving Minuteman being a Green Lantern Corps member, Mentor being a Blue Lantern member and Alchemiss being a Yellow Lantern Corps member, I kind of like the idea about the following characters being done in the form of Green Lantern based characters which I'm hoping they'll be in the form of skins and above all I wouldn't mind seeing Minuteman as an Indigo Tribesman in the form of a bonus skin with the Green Lantern version as well ^_^. I do hope that you'll let me know about anything involving the Bulletman GL and Alchemiss Star Sapphire, and also I do hope that Captain Lantern along with Genie Lantern and the Yellow Lantern version Thanos along with the possible arrivals of the ideas of more Green Lantern based characters involving Minuteman, Mentor and Alchemiss will be created for us to use soon enough ;).

BigD

ELECTR0

Gratz Daglob! You've successfully made every character in history, LoL. :thumbup:

SickAlice

Those are really good skinning jobs. I have a completed Tick mesh on my drive. Actually nearly ever character in the to near completion. I should really get on that some day...

daglob

I don't know who did that Tick. Yellow Lantern did a delightful Tick with a pin head and a shovel jaw (I did the standard skin; need to revisit that one), but this mesh was more like the version in the comic book in the comic book.

..and I still have a few obscure Golden Age characters like The Vulture, Minimidget, King of Darkness, Veiled Avenger, and Blue Lady to finish. But thank you for your compliments and enthuseasum.

Cyber Burn

I keep coming back to check out these Lanterns, and I'm wondering how your Thanos would do with a Power Ring, Power Battery, Etc.

daglob

Quote from: Cyber Burn on April 16, 2014, 02:21:41 PM
I keep coming back to check out these Lanterns, and I'm wondering how your Thanos would do with a Power Ring, Power Battery, Etc.

Haven't you got enough to do already?

Anyway, this is to mention that the list of Character Obscura groups and their contents has been updated. Just check out the first post in this thread and you will see. However, this was started some time ago, and is ALREADY out of date.

The list of skins is shown by clicking on the "SPOILER" tag.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: daglob on April 17, 2014, 12:35:08 AM
Quote from: Cyber Burn on April 16, 2014, 02:21:41 PM

Haven't you got enough to do already?

With things currently as they are, distractions are always welcome.