Da Glob's Skin-A-Rama 06/19/20-Work in Progress

Started by daglob, January 01, 2009, 05:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

The last of the Christmas skins have been posted, so here we go:

This version of Superman is from a painting I've seen  copy of. The color of the suit is a little funny, and the "S" shield and boots are different, but it is recognizably him. The Supergirl (on a scoped Scarlet Witch Gren) is an oddity I found some time ago.

Cyber Burn

Very nice Daglob, I really like the muted blue on Superman's costume.

You should post links to where you get your ideas from, I would love to see some of these sites. Plus, it would be nice to add to my list of reference material.

daglob

I wish I could remember where I got them too.

Meanwhile here is my response to Supergirl being made a Red Lantern:

She's already been posted.

laughing paradox

I like the design of Supergirl as a GL.

Speaking of Supergirl.. have you done Satan Girl?

daglob

Satan Girl is on my list. Along with a silver age Black Flame.

Cyber Burn

Ugh...Supergirl is a Red Lantern??? Bad DC...Bad, bad Dc!

Supergirl as a GL, very nice.

daglob

Some of these are  WIP, others have been posted. On the left is Jolly Roger, a teenage opponent of Captain Marvel Junior, followed by The Destroying Demon, actually an FBI agent in a masquerade costume. he is followed by a variant Green Lantern, then Supergirl in an Incredibles costume. On the right is The Incredible Flash, and to his left is The incredible Green Lantern. Then we have another Green Lantern, a punk Supergirl, and in the middle we have everyone's favorite green-haired space babe. In the bakc are an Incredible Aquaman and Plastic man.

Cyber Burn

I do so love being able to add to my Flash and Green Lantern collections, I think now I need to start a collection just for all the incredible Incredibles that you've been skinning.

BentonGrey

Cool stuff, DG, but I LOVE Incredible Aquaman and Plastic Man.  Those are just nice designs in general. :)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

The Incredible Plastic Man isn't my design, but Aquaman is.

Now this:

Superman all decked out for Mardi Gras, and a pink Supergirl. I'm not happy with how Kara turned out, and will try some different techniques. In the front is a scope of a scope I tried from memory (although it played me false: Wonder Tot only had one pony tail), using one of Windblown's Power Pack kids as a start and kind of using AA's skin as a base. The pants don't really allow for the stars, and I would need to raise the neckline.

laughing paradox

Wonder Tot.. ha. Was that Wonder Woman as a girl, or Donna Troy as a child?

Wonder Woman was formed as a young woman, right? Oh, DC.

daglob

Once upon a time, I'm certain that I read a story where Hippolyta (?) made THREE statues that were brought to life. I'm sure if I did that it's been Crisised, Zero Houred, or 52ed out of existence (along with The Glop, Merboy, and Egg Fu. Hey, waitaminit...)

Here we have Amazona on the left and an Armored GL started on the right. I know there is another Amazona in the works, but I was just playing around and...

The female GL is giving me a lot of trouble. The pieces of Iron Man armor are not lining up very well, and I've stopped working on it. I was also trying to do Supergirl in a suit of battle armor I saw online, but that scope is even worse. I haven't given up, just put it on hold.

BentonGrey

I'm sorry that the female GL is giving you trouble, DG, 'cause it is looking really neat!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

I'm really liking that GL, have you thought about dropping the Crymson Mesh into the Iron Man armor? It may save you some grief.

SickAlice

daglob

Quote from: Cyber Burn on February 20, 2014, 04:49:18 AM
I'm really liking that GL, have you thought about dropping the Crymson Mesh into the Iron Man armor? It may save you some grief.

I was wanting some GL animations and a power batter, or I might have done just that. The IM pieces are still a little big, though. I've been re-sizing them a little.

Thanks to all for your comments.

daglob

:blink:

I could have sworn I posted this set of WIP's before, but it's not here now:

On the left are Captain Monster (it says so on his shirt) and Jolly Roger, both opponents of Captain Marvel Junior. Roger now has a working cigarette thanks to Wyldfire. Next ot him is a scope for Stryker that I still need to figure out how to make use guns. The skin is not mine. Next to him is Harley Gras, who has not been psoted at CO8. The grinning idiot in the middle is not Captain Sneech, but a Batman villain named Lucky Star. To his right is Amazo Maxi-Woman, a different version of Amazona, Ardina ( a golden swimsuit on a golden-skinned woman is presenting a bit of a problem), then a scope of Supergirl in battle armor that is temporarily on hold. In the back is a kind of Golden Surf-Girl.

vorelliwiseau

Hey, daglob, how goes the female GL? Are the armored pieces still floating around?

I'd love to see that particular skope realized, she looks awesome.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: vorelliwiseau on February 28, 2014, 02:54:50 AM
Hey, daglob, how goes the female GL? Are the armored pieces still floating around?

I'd love to see that particular skope realized, she looks awesome.

The original pic is awesome, I have a few ideas that I'd like to try to help Daglob with this, because, I would also really like to see this one realized.

I don't know if I can do anything with Stryker or not, that may be above my level of Skope-Fu, but I would certainly love to take a look at it.

daglob

I'll send you both Stryker and the GL, but it will have to be after Mardi Gras. The city will shut down and party, so the libraries will be closed.

On each end are skins by Tommy Troy and Copper Age on a scope that combines Adam Strange, Male Alpha, and wings from Tommy's Yellowjacket. Yellow Lantern has done a fine Silver Age Fly mesh, but I wanted something that could use these skins too.

Next in from the left is Paul Gregorian-The Man with Nine Lives, another Batman villain. Atomic Robot is running a series of the weirdest Batman villians over at his blog.

In the middle is another character I'm surprised hasn't been done-Jon Sable. I know the belt is wrong, but this is just a beginning. I may scope the bangs from Beyonder's Male Hair Bangs on him if I can. And doesn't somebody have a Mauser?

Lastly, we have The Wasp in one of her incarnations. I had started soemthing a little different for The Silver Age Fly Girl, but Yellow Lantern did a beautiful mesh for it and I stopped. So, here it is with the "round ears" from  TV mesh and the wings from TV Yellowjacket. It still needs quite a bit of work. Need to change her eyes.

Cyber Burn

Man, you are a Skinning machine. Quality and quantity.

Podmark

Wow, you must be our most productive skinner these days. Good work!
Happy to see the new Wasp there. That costume hasn't even debuted in the comics just yet, just in preview art.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

ghazkul

Looking great. I love the new Wasp costume, kind of makes me think they might rename her Yellow Jacket.

Klauser

Jon Sable?!?  Did somebody say Jon Sable??? 

Awesome!!!!   :thumbup:

Bloodshadow

Sweet job on all of them but I'm really liking that Wasp :cool:

Starman

daglob

Thanks to you all.

Here is the other version of Wasp's costume. I like this one, much like the original, but with some variation, too. I also like this mesh, but with all the parts that have only one side, I will probably change the skin to another.

C6 did a Spiderman costume like the one on the left, but so far as I know, it was never released. This is my version, and MAN! It was a LOT harder than it looked. It still has a few things that don't quite line up. On the right is what I think is an Exiles version of Spiderman/Venom/Carnage or somebody.

ShortFuse

Really liking that wasp skin. Nice work.

daglob

Copper Age did a fine Steel Sterling skin, but he was handicapped at the time by the lack of a proper mesh. Here is my version.

Jon Sable v2.0, using one of Tommy's meshes. Still undecided about the hair. Using C6's Male Grim base with the width of the mouth slightly reduced. He has a Mauser, though.