Started by daglob, January 01, 2009, 05:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spydermann93

Klauser

Quardian CSA!?!?  Awesome indeed!!!

Cyber Burn

More CSA!!! That is always a good thing.  :D

doctorchallenger

Nicely done. I am sure someone will enjoy pitting these guys agaist their "real" (pre- or post-Crisis) counterparts in the rumble room.

daglob

Ran into a snag with Johnny quick, but homefully I can fix the problem.

Now for some more obscurity:

On the left are The Green Knight and his sidekick Lance. Reading the original story in Bulls-Eye comics (Chesler), I think the series was supposed to be set in the middle ages, but updated for some reason. In the second adventure, The Knight and Lance find a village that is like a relic of a lost time (Robin Hood's England) in the Everglades. St. John or somebody reprinted the story years later and turned The Knight into an actor who went looking for one of the other actor's sons and found him in the clutches of a vampire.

In the middle are two version of White Streak-Manowar from Target Comics. I'm just playing around, wondering how his face looks in different styles. Next to the Manowar twins is Marvo, The Super-Robot from an issue of Daring Mystery Comics. The surprising thing in that issue is art by Fletcher Hanks on one of the stories. In the front is Marga the Panther woman from Science comics.

BentonGrey

Cool stuff.  Marvo is neat looking.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

On the far left we have Male Cape Lowboots Beak, and next to him is The Scarlet Nemesis (a FF1 mesh for an old skin). The girl floating in the background is the same one in the suit of green armor (which is, it think, finished). On the far right is Super Shemp (to go along with The Robonic Stooges), and next to him is The Scarlet Phantom (another FF1 mesh for an old skin). In the middle is the Qwardian Superwoman on a different body type.

Outcast

Why not call him Blue Falcon? :)  They all look great by the way.

Cyber Burn

Both versions of the GL look fantastic.

I can't wait until I can get my hands on your CSA group.

What Mesh is the Scarlet Nemesis on? It doesn't look familiar.

And is your Blue Falcon on the FF1 Mesh, or the FFvt3R Mesh?

ShortFuse

Ha Ha Super Shemp...Da Glob you cray cray.  :P

daglob

Quote from: Cyber Burn on June 02, 2014, 11:15:47 PM
Both versions of the GL look fantastic.

I can't wait until I can get my hands on your CSA group.

What Mesh is the Scarlet Nemesis on? It doesn't look familiar.

The Scarlet Nemesis is on a scoped TV mesh. That thing on his head is a light. In the story, it gets bigger and smaller from panel to panel, but he uses it to blind the bad guys as well as see where he's going in the dark.

The Falcon is FF1, and I have no idea where I got him. I found him on a CD as I was putting a bunch of them on a DVD. I can see how he was made; if he won't convert (Dynomutt is FFv3R only, I believe), I may try to scope him in FFv3R myself. I need to find out who did the work on him before I release him, though. Somebody may have sent him to me and I forgot.

Y'gotta complete the set with Super Shemp. I still haven't decided about Joe Di Rita or Joe Besser.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: daglob on June 04, 2014, 06:37:32 PM
Quote from: Cyber Burn on June 02, 2014, 11:15:47 PM

The Falcon is FF1, and I have no idea where I got him. I found him on a CD as I was putting a bunch of them on a DVD. I can see how he was made; if he won't convert (Dynomutt is FFv3R only, I believe), I may try to scope him in FFv3R myself. I need to find out who did the work on him before I release him, though. Somebody may have sent him to me and I forgot.

You've got mail.  :D

daglob

This getting old business is no fun.

anyway, here are a couple of works in progress:

Big G as an Orange Lantern, and the Green Lantern of Atlantis (no, that's not Sinestro: look at the ankles).

BentonGrey

Haha, I don't know, Namor's got gobs of willpower, but maybe he should be a Red Lantern. ;)  Those look great, DG!  Galactus as an Orange Lantern is, of course, perfect.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

I think I have to agree with Benton, Galactus is perfect as an Orange Lantern, but Namor's got some anger issues that may work better as a Red Lantern. Both are great Skins though.

windblown

Orange Lantern Galactus is really cool.

daglob

Um, y'see, I have two other Namor Lantern skins in the works. I agree that he does have rage management issues, but he also can be quite fearsome...

daglob

Madame Rogue in her early catsuited version:

I gave her Jacqueline Pierce's face (I've been looking for some one to give her face to), but I think the features are a bit too severe. I haven't edited the punch or tangle SFX yet. DeTournme did me melee effects for Popeye (Big Fist and Hammer Hand), but they don't seem to work well in FF1. This is Ink's Batgirl (I wanted the heels), but I may switch meshes. I may also get rid of the loose hair and keep the bun. The late armored version might be scopable using Machineman and Crymsin.

I once read a description of the amazing Ms. Pierce that went something like "Maleficient as drawn by Jack Kirby".

Kenn

How can Madame Rogue's face be too severe?

Servalan is an excellent choice, by the by.
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

daglob

I thought she was, but I still don't know...

anyway, more work in progress:

I know what you are saying: "Glob, that's Atoman there in the front with a red, white, and blue costume," but you would be wrong. That's Atom Master. No, really. Apparently a lot of old comic art was recycled (and I don't mean by Israel Waldman) by re-writing the story and re-coloring the art. I've mentioned The Green Knight, but I've seen The Master Key and another character (whose name escapes me; he's a copy of The Saint), as well as a Big Red McClain story re-worked and re-cycled. This doesn't even include the horror and detective stories from pre-CCA that were reprinted afterward with altered art and text. So, we have a different character, but not much.

Also you see the Lord of Atlantis as two other Lanterns. Namor is a complex character.

Also, a different version of my Qwardian Johnny Quick.

Cyber Burn

Fantastic Skins Daglob, but now, looking at the 2 new Namor Lantern's, I'm wondering if the Green one should be without a mask as well?

daglob

I've considered it. Maybe I'll save a version with the mask hidden; let each user choose.

I need to make Red Namor a little angrier.

laughing paradox

Nice group of skins/skopes, DaGlob. I really like how you do your highlights on the costumes.

I think Red Namor looks sufficiently ticked off!

daglob

GL of Atlantis is at CO8, but here is some more work in progress:

To the left and the right are some redundant examples of redundancy: both Super-Duper (on the left) and Replikon (on the right) are amalgams of The Justice League. Now, why these guys when you already have Amazo? I have no answer. Super-Duper is scoped by Kenn X.

In the middle is everybody's favorite necrophiliac in posession of a power ring. The scope here is by Cyber Burn.

Cyber Burn

Very cool stuff Daglob, but now I'm wondering if I shouldn't have just Skoped on the boots and wrist cuffs. Maybe even a Particle Emitter on the hand/ring.

daglob

Y'know, you don't have to make things hard for yourself... ;)

Here is a little something that is also rather repetitive. On the left is Metallix, the first tag-team super hero, and on the right is an assortment of Musclemen, a one-shot Golden Age hero who showed up in All-Flash.

Outcast

I like the shiny gold and metallic effect you did there for team Metallix. :)

Cyber Burn

Quote from: daglob on June 23, 2014, 11:14:53 PM
Y'know, you don't have to make things hard for yourself... ;)

You know me, always looking to make myself improve what little Skoping ability I actually have.  :P

I really like this group of Skins, while I don't know the Characters, I think that they would make for some great cannon fodder.

daglob

Some long-forgotten Charlton heroes: The Sentinels. left to right, we have Helios, Mentalia, and Brute. Helios has a flight belt, Mentalia a psi-enhancing tiara, and Brute gauntlets of ogre pow... uh... Power Gloves. Remind me of some super-powered secret agents...

Anyway, Wander is in the works also, and I have plans for Spookman and even Sinistro (no relations).

Podmark

These look good. I like the girl best.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page