Da Glob's Skin-A-Rama 06/19/20-Work in Progress

Started by daglob, January 01, 2009, 05:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber Burn

Very nice skins Daglob, just out of curiosity, what mesh did you use for MiracleSkrull?

daglob

Miracleskrull is on the Skrull mesh. I can't remember who did it, nor where it is from. Most of the DC Skrulls I did go on this mesh.

Still working an idea to death:

So, on the left we have two variants of Captain Miracle, then is my skin of Young Marvelman on Kenn X's Sparkller mesh, and the final version of The Blue Amazon.

AfghanAnt

Ha. Captain Miracle looks great. I like Blue Amazon and all of the Marvels/Miracles as well.

Cyber Burn

I'll admit, I don't really know much about the "Miracle" characters, but I really like how they turned out. Some great skins you have there my friend.

daglob

Quote from: Cyber Burn on September 16, 2013, 01:42:07 AM
Very nice skins Daglob, just out of curiosity, what mesh did you use for MiracleSkrull?

Fusion did the Skrull mesh. It accepts Male Basic keyframes, so making it a Flash Skrull or Aquaskrull worked out fine.

daglob

So here is one skin on two meshes. The one on the left is Tommys Female Versatile, the one on the right is Taskmistress. I wanted the skirt (although my FF1 shows it opaque-this is from FFv3R nad it has her legs invisible), because the character, Blue Bolt's antagonist/badgirl love interest, wears it. She also carries a sabre, which Tommy has a nice one, but she won't sheathe it between attacks. I will probably look at Tommy's FFV, since I went the skirtless loincloth route on TMS, but I don't know... I was trying to avoid doing a scope.

If this is the biggest problem I have all week, I'll probably faint with relief.

Interesting that Tommys is a little more... zoftik...

Cyber Burn

Do you have any pics of the character, maybe we could brainstorm and come up with something.

daglob

The easiest thing to do would be to use Google Image Search and look for "Green Sorceress Blue Bolt". That's what I did. I have several scans of early Blue Bolt comics, with Jack Kirby trying to make her as drop-dead sexy as possible. They are available at The Digital Comocs Museum: http://digitalcomicmuseum.com/

He's in the Novelty Press section. Starting life as a kind of Buck Rogers/Flash Gordon/John Carter character, he got boring pretty fast after Kirby left.

In the middle is my version of a skin shown for Fusion's Temper mesh, but not included. I was going to ask for it, and decided, heck, I can make my own. It has the head and hair from the standard skin. Behind Temper are Ace Hart the Atom Man and his sidekick Val Venture. I've found better pics of Val, and will probably make a few change in the skin, including trying to make the "V" look right. In the back on the left is Brigitte Nielsen as She Hulk, from a proposed live-action movie, and opposite her is Radioactive Man. I never cared much for The Simpsons, but I saw a Steranko-inspired version of this character and decided to try him.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: daglob on September 23, 2013, 10:26:40 PM
The easiest thing to do would be to use Google Image Search and look for "Green Sorceress Blue Bolt". That's what I did. I have several scans of early Blue Bolt comics, with Jack Kirby trying to make her as drop-dead sexy as possible. They are available at The Digital Comocs Museum: http://digitalcomicmuseum.com/

He's in the Novelty Press section. Starting life as a kind of Buck Rogers/Flash Gordon/John Carter character, he got boring pretty fast after Kirby left.

In the middle is my version of a skin shown for Fusion's Temper mesh, but not included. I was going to ask for it, and decided, heck, I can make my own. It has the head and hair from the standard skin. Behind Temper are Ace Hart the Atom Man and his sidekick Val Venture. I've found better pics of Val, and will probably make a few change in the skin, including trying to make the "V" look right. In the back on the left is Brigitte Nielsen as She Hulk, from a proposed live-action movie, and opposite her is Radioactive Man. I never cared much for The Simpsons, but I saw a Steranko-inspired version of this character and decided to try him.

Wow, this is another character that seems to look different in every pic I see, how frustrating.

On another note, I really like the Radioactive Man.

docdelorean88

RADIO ACTIVE MAN! I never thought id see radioactive man!
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Outcast

Bright colorful skins Daglob. As usual, I like looking at new, unique and unfamiliar costumes of obscure characters.

I thought the one on the far right was familiar. It's cool to see Radioactive Man. :)

daglob

Thank you. I think Radioactive man's symbol is a little big, but I can fix that easily enough. Trying to get She-Hulk's skin, hair, and costume distinct shades of green however...

It does help that the costume is shiny (something that doesn't show well in the pic)

Now this:

I really ought to use Tomato's meshes more; they've been out for some time. I guess old habits die hard. This is his female teen mesh with ears from two of Ink's meshes (one wouldn't stay put), and hair from a VX mesh. the jetpack is easy enough, provided I find a nozzle for it. There are quite a few alignment problems between the meshes, but that is relatively easy to fix.

Cyber Burn

What does the nozzle piece need to look like, maybe there is something that's floating around out there.

spydermann93

Nick_Fury_Gren and Dr Doom_Gren have jet packs.

I have no idea what her jetpack looks like, but perhaps either of those could help?

daglob

I couldn't find any pics of the jetpack. As I remember it was a pack that hooked over the shoulders, resembling a regular backpack. The nozzle was like a "7" or an "L", shifted somewhat like an old style rocket fin.

Now for some WIP:

Ash4Fire pointed out that Azrael/Batman did not have an updated skin. Problems gave me more free time that I needed over the weekend, so I looked at Azbat. I've been thinking of doing a DC 2099 thing for fun, although in many ways it would be a lot like Batman Beyond, and considered starting with the Azrael Helm mesh. Anyway, this is what I came up with for Azbat. I may scope some pouches on the left leg (found some on Cyclops), and there are still things to work on.

Hawkgirl (not woman) is an attempt to do a version that looks like the one Joe Kubert designed and do it on a TV mesh Beyonder's Hawkgirl comes close, but Tommys headpiece looks like what I remember (and I have checked my Showcase Presents volume). I think I'm on the right track. Hawkman and Hawkgirl both had lenses in their helmets that hid their eyes, and Hawkgirl's were the biggest. I've seen a version of hawkgirl by a 3D artist whose rendition of the mask actually looks like it would work, and I'm kind of basing it on that. Oh, and the Mandarin rings are going to be part of some cestus gloves. They may or may not be on the "standard" skin.

spydermann93

Randomdays

Exactly. Mentioned in the other thread, the Jonny Quest jetpack had a pronouced nozzle on it.

http://davidszondy.com/future/jonny_quest/jet_pack.htm ( Good point there - why would you need reverse on a jetpack?)

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Quote from: daglob on September 30, 2013, 10:29:50 PM
Ash4Fire pointed out that Azrael/Batman did not have an updated skin. Problems gave me more free time that I needed over the weekend, so I looked at Azbat. I've been thinking of doing a DC 2099 thing for fun, although in many ways it would be a lot like Batman Beyond, and considered starting with the Azrael Helm mesh. Anyway, this is what I came up with for Azbat. I may scope some pouches on the left leg (found some on Cyclops), and there are still things to work on.

The Azbat skin looks really nice, and among with the pouches on the leg, I also wanted Batarangs (Just because Batarangs are cool  :D), and since I needed a break from Blue Devil, I went ahead and started a little skope-fu on the "Azreal_Helm" Mesh. I put the "Azreal_Helm" Mesh onto Gren's current "Batman_Gren" Mesh. Other than the fact that it's for  :ffvstr: only, it seems to work alright. If you want to check it out, I'd be glad to send it your way.

daglob

Quote from: spydermann93 on September 30, 2013, 10:53:53 PM
Hopefully this is helpful:

Spoiler

I definitely mis-remember the pack. It's slightly more complicated than I though.

Randomdays: Ever notice that the controls on Commando Cody's jetpack have a "Down"?

CB: You have my e-mail address...

Now this:

While looking for pics of Jan and Jace's rocket packs, I found an interesting picture. The site owner had found a pic of assorted Green Lantern's, and one had a familiar look. So, here is my version. Call him Ghost Lantern or Green Ghost, either one.

...and Mysta The Moon Maid (Mysta of the Moon was a character in Planet Comics. Hmmm...) may or may not be returned from the dead over in Dick Tracy, but here is how I remember her. She really ought to have bangs, but I couldn't find any that looked right. The lightning is just painted on; I'm trying to figure out how to make some subtle flashes around her antennae but haven't quite got it yet. The necklace isn't working like I want it to either, so I'll probably start over on it. The base mesh is Tomato's.

Randomdays

I've got a lot of serials on dvd including those, plus alot of them are online since they're now in public domain. I'll have to pull them out and watch some when I have a chance.

The internet archive site and youtube have a few as well as the matineeclassics.com site if anyone ever gets in the mood to watch a few

daglob

Ever since a certain strange visitor from another planet appeared in comics, aliens have been coming to Earth and setting up shop as superheroes. Just about every planet in the solar system seems to sprout altruistic adventurers. So here are a few VERY early ones.

In the front we have Jane, the Magician from Mars and Lu-Nar. I have no idea where Lu-Nar comes from; I've never read his "origin" story. The only power that I've seen him display is that he is more powerful than a locomotive. Jane's costume is one I've seen in several places around the internet, but in the only adventure I've seen her in, she wore a red swimsuit (spacesuit, swimsuit... maybe at the time it was hard to tell the difference). Jane could pretty much do anything she set her mind to (literally).

In the back are a couple of version of Solarman on the left and in the middle, and on the right is Jupiter, the Magician from... well Jupiter. Jane is a quantum level telekinetic, but Jupiter really does do magic. Solarman, well, it's hard to tell, but he seems exceptionally strong, and that may be it. In the early days, it was probably enough.

Cyber Burn

The fact that I have never heard of 90% of the characters you skin/skope has always been one of my favorite things about you. It's always a fun journey following your skins thread.

daglob

Half the fun is reading these early stories. Sometime the art is exceptionally good, sometimes it is unbelivably primitive. And the character concepts...

Anyway, here is another early hero from Centaur Comics:

This is The Blue Flame. I did a body transplant with Pulp Versatile and Male Basic FX (I have a similar scope using Beyonder's Human Torch mesh), and now we have a FX mesh that can be used for this character, as well as Man O' Metal.

daglob

Okay, I take full blame for the group on the right of the screen, but DocDelorean sent me this link:

http://www.tencentticker.com/projectrooftop/2011/04/06/karl-savages-incredible-league-of-america/

...so he's to blame for the others. Don't know who to make the fourth member of the group; I was working on the F4 and stuck on WW's emblem when he sent the link, and, oddly enough, I'm stuck on the Incredible WW's emblem now. Most of the work converting F4 to Incredibles was Photoshop tricks. I'll probably do at least Freakazoid, maybe the others as Incredibles.

Cyber Burn

These are very cool, as to the fourth member, I would lean towards the Flash.

Klauser

Interesting concept - awesome work!

I would vote GL or Flash.  But given the theme ... Flash.

:thumbup:

vorelliwiseau

I loved the Incredibles - those skins are great!

What about Aquaman for a fourth member? He sorta kinda looks like a grown-up Dash.