AfghanAnt's Pixel Party! -Updated 1.2.2009-

Started by AfghanAnt, December 26, 2008, 08:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AfghanAnt

Weird World's Ancient Astronaut, Nightstalker, Bat Boy, Lady Sasquatch, Mothman & The Corpse

Hiveworlds' Afghan Ant(s), Carlo Cricket, Calamity Cricket, Styx Spider, Bumble Bjork, Pupae, Grase Hopper, & Halal Hornet

Marvel's Cloak & Dagger, Thor, Loki, Ares, & Hercules

UnkoMan

What, no Ice Maiden? Man, those are cute though. I love em. You capture details surprisingly well in such tiny little things.

Glitch Girl

These are so cute.  Mothman is probably my favorite - I love how you did the wings.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

detourne_me

it's funny,  if you read the latest issue of Batman, Alfred imagines what Bruce would've become if something else flew through the window...    the mothman designs are almost exact duplicates!

UnkoMan

If you have this issue or know where I could find scans, I'd love to see that.

AfghanAnt

Thanks, guys.

Ice Maiden is coming. I wasn't sure if I should make one before she was done. I am however working on the Corpse right now. :)

Really? I'd like to see a pic of him as well.

AfghanAnt

This one was a lot of fun to do. I think I might do some mainstream characters next. Thor? FemLoki? The Watchmen? Who knows.

UnkoMan

Whoa whoa whoa... sweet! Lookit his little cute pose. I'm going to have to start massively zooming in on these guys and checking out their details, I think.

AfghanAnt

I'm glad you like him. I might as well do Unkoman tonight too.

Quote from: UnkoMan on December 29, 2008, 11:21:28 PM
I'm going to have to start massively zooming in on these guys and checking out their details, I think.

Yeah there is a lot of detail that can't be seen directly but is needed to get something this small looking so cool.

AfghanAnt

So I did some owned characters and they were easy because I made these guys as smilies. I really like the way Cloak and Dagger look but I want to animate Cloak.

detourne_me

Spoiler
it's from Batman 682. 
Spoiler
It's from a sequence where Alfred is wondering if batman never became the bat.  but thisa is all part of some mind manipulation plot brought about by a telepath named the lump, an monkey doctor "Mr. Simyan" and another villain i don't know (but he looks like one of the sons of the bat from Miller's DKR)...still waiing on Final Crisis #6 for the finale to Batman RIP

I can't believe how much detail you pack into these tiny guys!

Volsung

Stuff  hosted by the courtesy of http://www.freedom-asylum.co.uk/

Swingman

wow, cool. I especially like Cloak & Dagger. Nice little light feature on Dagger.

AfghanAnt

Thanks guys. I'm actually enjoying the pixel work a lot more than skinning, I think because it is so much easier to work with pixels than tgas and dds.

UnkoMan

After seeing it, detourne, I wouldn't say he's very similar at all. At least not any more than most moth inspired characters. There's really only so many ways you can do a moth person. I would say I was subconciously inspired by Steve Rude's The Moth more than anything.