News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

FFX Bug Reports

Started by Epimethee, December 23, 2008, 04:13:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epimethee

Continuing the thread archived at http://freedomreborn.net/archive/index.php?topic=40930.0

(The following was originally posted by Stumpy)

If you are having trouble with [FFX 3.x]:

• Run the FFX Control Centre for this mod after you install, before you start the game. It needs to brand any custom heroes you have and any built-ins you have merged using FFEdit.

• When you create a new custom character (either from scratch or by copying another character), make sure that you have used the FFX Control Centre for that mod so that the character is "branded". Then restart the game.

• If you are creating several customs, you don't have to do the Quit - Run FFX CC - Restart branding routine for each of them, just create them all, then quit and run the FFX CC and then they will all be branded at once.

• Remember that you also have to run the FFX CC when you use FFEdit to create a new built-in character and when you import built-ins (merge DATs) from other mod folders.

• If you are seeing an AI problem (e.g. "I tried to run a character in the Rumble Room but he isn't doing anything or he never uses his main power", etc.), then make sure you have run the character through the Rumble Room's M25 AI Generator.

• If it is an issue with a power swap (e.g. "I tried to set up a hex beam to crystal cage swap"), make sure you have run the character through the Rumble Room "Generate Power IDs" mission.

When reporting problems in the FFX beta (and this generally applies to getting a wide variety of technical help in the game), please:

• Character Type
    Mention whether you have the problem with a built-in character or a custom (HERO file) character.

• Mission Type
    Mention whether you have tested in a campaign mission or a Rumble Room mission.

• Descriptive topic Titles
    (This may apply more to bug reported in other threads. Nevertheless...)
    Use descriptive topic titles for your post that give readers some specific idea what you will be describing in the message. To wit, "need help" or "ffx not working" may be true for you, but it isn't letting someone know that he ought to read your post because he had the same problem, which is usually the quickest way to get an answer. Instead "FFX 3.3.1.0: SUPERLEAPER problem with customs?" is both useful for people trying to help and useful for others who may have the same trouble, who can now read your thread (and maybe add some detail that helps in finding a fix) instead of starting a new thread.

• Give Details
    Be detailed and exact in your description of what is going wrong. In other words,
    Quote from: MrCoolidgeSUPERLEAPER isn't working.
    is a poor bug report and it's tough for anyone to help you.

But,
    Quote from: DrDetailsI am having trouble with SUPERLEAPER. When I give it to a custom character (MrGreen in this case) and try it in the second campaign mission (the Cuban airfield), the hand appears over objects and I have the "leap to" command in the right-click menu, but nothing happens when I click on it.  Here is my script.log...
    In general, if you can give a step-by-step approach to duplicating your problem, you are that much closer to having it solved.

• Report Special or Limiting Circumstances
    Do a little testing before you post and mention if you found anything, even if it may not seem that important. If the problem happens only in a certain situations, be sure to mention it. For instance, I noticed a problem with swaps in the mission where Entropy sends several waves of subterrestrials and wraiths against the squad. At first it seemed like the swaps just stopped working after a while, but then I noticed that it only stopped after a couple waves had spawned and that lead me to the solution.

• Try to Post Log Files
    This is a biggy: post your script.log file! This file is located in the root directory for the game (the same folder that has the game executable (the ffvt3r.exe file). If you can't locate the right folder, right-click on the shortcut you use to start the game and choose Properties, then click on Find Target. The folder that opens up will have the script.log file.

Open that file (in NotePad, for example) and copy-paste its contents into your message in between the code tags. To use the tags, just select the code you have pasted and click on the code tag button, .

This might be a somewhat long text file. To keep it relatively short, play a mission, wait a few seconds for FFX to kick into gear, then get the problem you are experiencing to happen as soon as you can. At that point, pause the game and get the script.log at that time.

• Edit Too-Long Log Files
    If you really can't post the whole script.log because the problem only happens late in a mission and the file is too big by that point, you can still post parts of it. This is a little trickier because you have to decide what parts are worth posting. Generally,
    • Post the beginning of the file, down to and including the section where the characters have their attributes initialized.  That section will look something like
      initAttribsForChar: working on hero_3 (microwave)
      initAttribsForChar (microwave): looking at attribute cybernetic brain
      initAttribsForChar (microwave): looking at attribute radioactive
      initAttribsForChar (microwave): looking at attribute vulnerability
      execInitAttrib: init vulnerability attribute
          on hero_3 of template microwave (microwave)
      initAttribsForChar (microwave): looking at attribute powerscan
      execInitAttrib: init powerscan attribute
          on hero_3 of template microwave (microwave)

• Post any sections that have errors or traceback messages in them (search for error and traceback in the file). A traceback message will be several lines telling where the problem was in the script files and then the exception message. It is a good idea to post a line or two before the traceback as well. Something like the following
      MLOG_WatchDamage: error in Object_GetAttr('eye_minor4', 'minForce'), Object_Exists('eye_minor4')=0
         words=['04:43:14.01:', 'FF:', 'Damage:(eye_minor3)', '', '(resolve)', 'dmg:', '47,', 'stun', 'time:', '0,', 'KB:', '6450\012'] MLOG_DAMAGE_PREVIOUSLINE=['04:43:14.01:', 'FF:', 'Damage:(eye_minor3)', '', 'eye_minor4', '(calc', 'pwr)dmg:', '33,', 'stun', 'pct:', '0,', 'KB:', '4500\012']
      Traceback (innermost last):
        File "C:\Program Files\Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\.\ffx3\missions\scripts\mlogreader.py", line 722, in OnMLOG_Read
          MLOG_Read()
        File "C:\Program Files\Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\.\ffx3\missions\scripts\mlogreader.py", line 768, in MLOG_Read
          found = MLOG_WatchDamage(thisLine)
        File "C:\Program Files\Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\.\ffx3\missions\scripts\mlogreader.py", line 1930, in MLOG_WatchDamage
          if ( knockback - Object_GetAttr(target, 'minForce') ) < 0:
      SystemError: NULL result without error in call_object

• Post ff.err For Errors right at startup
    When an error occurs right when the game starts (before a mission has started up, the game sends some error information to a file called ff.err, located next to the other log files. It is almost always short and it will tend to be empty after the game has run a short while because later errors are sent to script.log. Anyway, if this file is not empty, post it, too.

Some of those suggestions will seem pretty basic and some will not, but they will generally let the people who try to help you diagnose what is going on faster and in fewer post-and-reply steps here on the board. That can be especially handy as people sometimes have a little time to help with a problem, but if they can't figure out what it is and have to ask for more info, they may not be able to look into it again right away after the new info is posted. The more and better information you get out in the first place, the more likely someone will be able to help you out the first time through.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

BentonGrey

Howdy guys, got a little bit of a problem that I can't solve.  Apparently some FFX attributes that were previously working with the DCUG are no longer functioning.  I don't know at what point they started having problems, but it was apparently at some point before I packed it up, as the release version is exhibiting the same issues.  So far Ropeswinger and Mass Control are having issues.  I haven't tested Rope Swinger yet, but I get this for Mass Control, which does nothing visible in game:

Spoiler
initAttribsForChar: working on hero_1 (martian_man)
initAttribsForChar (martian_man): looking at attribute martian
execInitAttrib: init disciplined attribute inside ['martian', 'disciplined', 'invulnerable0', 'toughguy2', 'guardianm'] combo
    on hero_1 of template custom_template_68 (martian_man)
execInitAttrib: init invulnerable0 attribute inside ['martian', 'disciplined', 'invulnerable0', 'toughguy2', 'guardianm'] combo
execInitAttrib: init toughguy2 attribute inside ['martian', 'disciplined', 'invulnerable0', 'toughguy2', 'guardianm'] combo
inittoughguy2: char=<hero_1>
inittoughguy2: initializing for hero_1
execInitAttrib: init guardianm attribute inside ['martian', 'disciplined', 'invulnerable0', 'toughguy2', 'guardianm'] combo
initAttribsForChar (martian_man): looking at attribute flier
initAttribsForChar (martian_man): looking at attribute heat sensitive
initAttribsForChar (martian_man): looking at attribute masscontrol
execInitAttrib: init masscontrol attribute
initAttribsForChar: working on hero_0 (martian_mann)
initAttribsForChar (martian_mann): looking at attribute martian
execInitAttrib: init disciplined attribute inside ['martian', 'disciplined', 'invulnerable0', 'toughguy2', 'guardianm'] combo
    on hero_0 of template custom_template_67 (martian_mann)
execInitAttrib: init invulnerable0 attribute inside ['martian', 'disciplined', 'invulnerable0', 'toughguy2', 'guardianm'] combo
execInitAttrib: init toughguy2 attribute inside ['martian', 'disciplined', 'invulnerable0', 'toughguy2', 'guardianm'] combo
inittoughguy2: char=<hero_0>
inittoughguy2: initializing for hero_0
execInitAttrib: init guardianm attribute inside ['martian', 'disciplined', 'invulnerable0', 'toughguy2', 'guardianm'] combo
initAttribsForChar (martian_mann): looking at attribute flier
initAttribsForChar (martian_mann): looking at attribute heat sensitive
initAttribsForChar (martian_mann): looking at attribute masscontrol
execInitAttrib: init masscontrol attribute
initAttribsForChar: working on hero_2 (batman)
initAttribsForChar (batman): looking at attribute heroic
initAttribsForChar (batman): looking at attribute wall climbing
initAttribsForChar (batman): looking at attribute danger sense
initAttribsForChar (batman): looking at attribute capedcrusaderbat
execInitAttrib: init disciplined attribute inside ['capedcrusaderbat', 'disciplined', 'presence', 'utilitybelt', 'nimble', 'acrobatic', 'grimresolve', 'ffqtracking'] combo
    on hero_2 of template custom_template_69 (batman)
execInitAttrib: init presence attribute inside ['capedcrusaderbat', 'disciplined', 'presence', 'utilitybelt', 'nimble', 'acrobatic', 'grimresolve', 'ffqtracking'] combo
execInitAttrib: init utilitybelt attribute inside ['capedcrusaderbat', 'disciplined', 'presence', 'utilitybelt', 'nimble', 'acrobatic', 'grimresolve', 'ffqtracking'] combo
execInitAttrib: init nimble attribute inside ['capedcrusaderbat', 'disciplined', 'presence', 'utilitybelt', 'nimble', 'acrobatic', 'grimresolve', 'ffqtracking'] combo
execInitAttrib: init acrobatic attribute inside ['capedcrusaderbat', 'disciplined', 'presence', 'utilitybelt', 'nimble', 'acrobatic', 'grimresolve', 'ffqtracking'] combo
execInitAttrib: init grimresolve attribute inside ['capedcrusaderbat', 'disciplined', 'presence', 'utilitybelt', 'nimble', 'acrobatic', 'grimresolve', 'ffqtracking'] combo
execInitAttrib: init ffqtracking attribute inside ['capedcrusaderbat', 'disciplined', 'presence', 'utilitybelt', 'nimble', 'acrobatic', 'grimresolve', 'ffqtracking'] combo
initAttribsForChar (batman): looking at attribute driver
execInitAttrib: init driver attribute
initAttribsForChar: working on _sknazi_rifleman01 (nazi_rifleman)
initAttribsForChar (nazi_rifleman): looking at attribute timid
initAttribsForChar: working on _sknazi_rifleman02 (nazi_rifleman)
initAttribsForChar: working on _sknazi_rifleman03 (nazi_rifleman)
AI: SetupAI() - setting ai for form_1 ('batmobile_veh')
Plugin 'firehydrant' OnPostInit() called
Plugin 'zombie' has no OnPostInit()
Plugin 'freeroam_keepbuildingdamage' OnPostInit() called
Plugin 'm25ai_lowjumper' has no OnPostInit()
Plugin 'm25ai_realitymanipulation' has no OnPostInit()
Plugin 'cutscene_power' has no OnPostInit()
Plugin 'm25encexit' has no OnPostInit()
Plugin 'm25enc_opendoor' has no OnPostInit()
Plugin 'm25enc_reqchar' has no OnPostInit()
Plugin 'm25enc_simplechoice' has no OnPostInit()
Plugin 'm25encstory' has no OnPostInit()
initAttribsForChar: working on form_1 (batmobile_veh)
initAttribsForChar (batmobile_veh): looking at attribute grim resolve
initAttribsForChar (batmobile_veh): looking at attribute ponderous
initAttribsForChar (batmobile_veh): looking at attribute disciplined
initAttribsForChar (batmobile_veh): looking at attribute acidblood
execInitAttrib: init acidblood attribute
    on form_1 of template batmobile_veh (batmobile_veh)
initAttribsForChar (batmobile_veh): looking at attribute vehicle
execInitAttrib: init vehicle attribute
    on form_1 of template batmobile_veh (batmobile_veh)
  File "C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\.\DCUG\missions\scripts\ffx.py", line 7983, in OnMassDown
    Object_PlayEffect(char,'effect_ffx_density','',FX_TRACK_OBJECT_POS)
RuntimeError: Object_PlayEffect(): Effect NIF not found - effect_ffx_density
AI: AISetRunning form_1 to 0
AI: _sknazi_rifleman01:'nazi_rifleman' hunting 'hero_2'
AI: _sknazi_rifleman02:'nazi_rifleman' hunting 'hero_2'
AI: _sknazi_rifleman03:'nazi_rifleman' hunting 'hero_2'
  File "C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\.\DCUG\missions\scripts\ffx.py", line 7961, in OnMassUp
  File "C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\.\DCUG\missions\scripts\ffx.py", line 7961, in OnMassUp
AI: _sknazi_rifleman01:'nazi_rifleman' hunting 'hero_2'
AI: _sknazi_rifleman02:'nazi_rifleman' hunting 'hero_2'
AI: _sknazi_rifleman03:'nazi_rifleman' hunting 'hero_2'
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

kkhohoho

Even after you 'fixed' MiS, it still doesn't work. Now the problem is that after the opening text boxes, the screen stays black, and nothing happens. :mellow:
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

BentonGrey

Okay Kk, could you do me a favor?  I've tested it, and it is working fine for me, so I need some more details.  Could you go to the Bug Report thread and post your script.log?

Also, I made a mistake and left two things out of the update, so everyone make sure to download Update2 again.  There is a mission file for JLA #2, and a new objects.dat, which will also help that mission.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

TaskMasterX

From looking at your script.log, BG, it looks like effect_ffx_density is missing from the Resources tab in FFEdit. Or, if it is there, then maybe the .nif file it's pointing to is missing?

BentonGrey

Hmm, my FFX fx folder had disappeared...weird.  Anyway, I think it will probably work now.  I'll try and test ropeswinger later.
God Bless

Blitzgott

The AI is not working right in Epic Mode. The enemies only attack buddies, and after they defeat them, they just stand around doing nothing.

Script.log:

Spoiler
  File "D:\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\.\ffx3\missions\scripts\m25ai.py", line 485, in AICheckTimer
    if AISpecialState(char):
  File "D:\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\.\ffx3\missions\scripts\m25ai.py", line 622, in AISpecialState
    AISupport_DoMove(char, Target_GetCurrentTarget(char), 'move', 0, FindRandomPoint(char,mindist=100), js.Get_ObjectPos(char), TACTIC_PRIORITY_CRITICAL, 2, desc='panicked run')
  File "D:\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\.\ffx3\missions\scripts\m25ai.py", line 4877, in AISupport_DoMove
    m25event.SetTimer(arrival_time/2,'AICheckNotMoving',char,target,user=1024*priority+GetAITimeStamp(char))
  File "D:\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\.\ffx3\missions\scripts\m25event.py", line 132, in SetTimer
    js.Event_RegisterSink(js.EVENT_TIMER, function, string1, string2, time, user, 0)
RuntimeError: Event_RegisterSink(): expects args {iss|sfff}
  File "D:\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\.\ffx3\missions\scripts\m25ai.py", line 485, in AICheckTimer
    if AISpecialState(char):
  File "D:\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\.\ffx3\missions\scripts\m25ai.py", line 622, in AISpecialState
    AISupport_DoMove(char, Target_GetCurrentTarget(char), 'move', 0, FindRandomPoint(char,mindist=100), js.Get_ObjectPos(char), TACTIC_PRIORITY_CRITICAL, 2, desc='panicked run')
  File "D:\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\.\ffx3\missions\scripts\m25ai.py", line 4877, in AISupport_DoMove
    m25event.SetTimer(arrival_time/2,'AICheckNotMoving',char,target,user=1024*priority+GetAITimeStamp(char))
  File "D:\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\.\ffx3\missions\scripts\m25event.py", line 132, in SetTimer
    js.Event_RegisterSink(js.EVENT_TIMER, function, string1, string2, time, user, 0)
RuntimeError: Event_RegisterSink(): expects args {iss|sfff}

C4

I have upgraded my mod to the newest release of FFX and get this:

>>> system/init.py executed
>>> system\tredir.py executed
  File "C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\temp\mission.py", line 5, in ?
    from ffx import *
SystemError: com_addbyte: byte out of range

Edit:

I searched on the web and found this:

Re: compiling long strings crashes (PR#32): msg#00038
python.bugs

Subject:  Re: compiling long strings crashes (PR#32)

Ricardo> Running python with this file crashes with the message:
Ricardo> SystemError: com_addbyte: byte out of range

Ricardo> We are having this kind of error when compiling big files.
Ricardo> With other kind of strings the file can be of 1Mb more or less
Ricardo> to make it crash.

Ricardo,

This is a known limitation of the Python byte code format, which is unlikely
to get lifted before the Python 2.x release (which is far enough off you
shouldn't wait for it to cure this problem). Offsets are only 16 bits long,
so the largest a .pyc file can be is 64kbytes. You'll have to modify your
program to either split the files into multiple pieces or initialize the
strings by reading them from a non-bytecode file.that contains the raw
string data, e.g., in bigstring.py you could have:

bigstring = open("bigstring.txt", "rb").read()

TaskMasterX

This issue has been known about by the FFX team for awhile now. It's the reason why the ffx2.py file was created. New Power Swaps were moved into that file because there was no more room in the ffx.py file. Also misc. functions were moved there as well. To fix the issue try moving some Power Swaps or misc. funtions (just not any init<attributename> functions for attributes) to the ffx2.py file until the size of the ffx.py file is down enough to not get the error.

C4

Thanks TMX.

Yes I lowered the size and it started and froze my system up at the first cutscene. I can't really see any errors to guide me but anyway this is from FF.log:

Quote00:00:16.50: FF: ERROR! Art\library\area_specific\city\street_objects\plasma tv\screen.nif is missing linked files:
00:00:16.50: FF:    - Art\library\area_specific\_textures\protonScreen.tga
00:00:16.90: FF: ERROR! Art\library\area_specific\city\street_objects\phone_booth\phone_booth.nif is missing linked files:
00:00:16.90: FF:    - Art\library\area_specific\_textures\phoneBooth2_NY.tga
00:00:16.90: FF: ERROR: CNifCacheDS::importNIFFile, NI was unable to load Art\library\area_specific\city\street_objects\phone_booth\phone_booth_base.nif : NiVe: cannot find create function.
00:00:16.91: FF: ERROR! Art\library\area_specific\city\street_objects\phone_booth\phone_booth_damage_version_01.nif is missing linked files:
00:00:16.91: FF:    - Art\library\area_specific\_textures\phoneBooth2_NY.tga
00:00:16.93: FF: ERROR: CNifCacheDS::importNIFFile, NI was unable to load Art\library\area_specific\city\street_objects\phone_booth_night\phone_booth_night_base.nif : NiVe: cannot find create function.
00:00:17.13: FF: ERROR: CNifCacheDS::importNIFFile, NI was unable to load Art\library\area_specific\city\street_objects\phone_booth_night\phone_booth_night_base.nif : NiVe: cannot find create function.
00:00:17.24: FF: ERROR: CNifCacheDS::importNIFFile, NI was unable to load Art\library\area_specific\city\street_objects\phone_booth_night\phone_booth_night_base.nif : NiVe: cannot find create function.
00:00:17.59: FF: ERROR: CNifCacheDS::importNIFFile, NI was unable to load Art\library\area_specific\city\street_objects\phone_booth\phone_booth_base.nif : NiVe: cannot find create function.
00:00:17.75: FF: ERROR! Art\library\characters\civteen\shady.nif is missing linked files:
00:00:17.75: FF:    - Art\library\characters\civteen\skins\standard\male_cape_lightmap.tga
00:00:18.67: FF: Error: unable to find talking head resource for voicemail
00:00:18.67: FF: Error: unable to find talking head resource for the_car
00:00:19.06: FF: ERROR! Art\library\characters\hitman\character.nif is missing linked files:
00:00:19.06: FF:    - Art\library\characters\hitman\skins\standard\TombStone-gloss.tga
00:00:19.06: FF:    - Art\library\characters\hitman\skins\standard\TombStone-glow2.tga
00:00:19.06: FF:    - Art\library\characters\hitman\skins\standard\Lightning-glow.tga
00:00:19.06: FF:    - Art\library\characters\hitman\skins\standard\bullet_lightmap.tga
00:00:19.06: FF: Error: unable to find talking head resource for hitman_backup
00:00:19.14: FF: CPathNodeList::preprocess: 145 nodes
00:00:19.14: FF: CPathNodeList::preprocess: 36 nodes
00:00:22.13: FF: GEOMETRY COUNTER AT 11794
00:00:22.27: FF: activation: >>>>>>>>>add id 40895087, index 623, stamp 624
00:00:22.27: FF: activation: Creating object ffxtarget custom_characters\ffx_tiggot\character.nif
00:00:22.32: FF: activation: Activating object ffxtarget
00:00:22.32: FF: activation: >>>>>>>>>add id 40960624, index 624, stamp 625
00:00:22.32: FF: activation: Creating object ffxgun custom_characters\ffx_tiggot\character.nif
00:00:22.32: FF: activation: Activating object ffxgun

And this from script.log:

QuoteskXMapInfo: m25ai available
Loading m25aiopt.py v.3.2.0 final; branch = swingman 4
Campaign_ReadObjects() warning: object template <post> has more than one entry for attribute <noFade>, values 1.000000 and 1.000000
Campaign_ReadObjects() warning: object template <pat_dream_fog_effect> has more than one entry for attribute <animated>, values 1.000000 and 1.000000
Campaign_ReadObjects() warning: object template <nazihq_storage_crate> has more than one entry for attribute <castShadow>, values 1.000000 and 1.000000
Campaign_ReadObjects() warning: object template <jm_dream_fog> has more than one entry for attribute <animated>, values 1.000000 and 1.000000
Campaign_ReadObjects() warning: object template <jm_building_crane> has more than one entry for attribute <standon>, values 1.000000 and 1.000000
Campaign_ReadObjects() warning: object template <dark_shaman> has more than one entry for attribute <prestige>, values 30.000000 and 50.000000
FFX Mission Plugin 'firehydrant' imported
FFX Mission Plugin 'zombie' imported
Loading freeroam_keepbuildingdamage.py v.1.0.0 build 0; branch = main
FFX Mission Plugin 'freeroam_keepbuildingdamage' imported
FFX Mission Plugin 'm25ai_lowjumper' imported
FFX Mission Plugin 'm25ai_realitymanipulation' imported
FFX Mission Plugin 'cutscene_power' imported
Loading     m25enc_OPENDOOR.py v.1.0.0 build 0; branch = main
Loading m25enc.py v.3.2.0 July 27, 2008
FFX Mission Plugin 'm25enc_opendoor' imported
Loading     m25enc_simplechoice.py v.1.0.0 build 0; branch = main
FFX Mission Plugin 'm25enc_simplechoice' imported
Starting Built-In Function Wrapper 1.5
('Object_CalcPrestige', 'js')
>>> C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\temp\mission.py executed
precache
Mission 1/start
MLOG_Init(keepRunningModules=0): starting up
mlogreader.MLOG_Init: current mission = '01_CITY'
initialising FFX: skirmish=0
storing avian: id_1,105
Campaign_MakeHeroIndex: Making index <c:\program files\digital jesters\freedom force vs the 3rd reich\reformed\HeroIndexData.txt>
Campaign_ReadObjects() warning: object template <post> has more than one entry for attribute <noFade>, values 1.000000 and 1.000000
Campaign_ReadObjects() warning: object template <pat_dream_fog_effect> has more than one entry for attribute <animated>, values 1.000000 and 1.000000
Campaign_ReadObjects() warning: object template <nazihq_storage_crate> has more than one entry for attribute <castShadow>, values 1.000000 and 1.000000
Campaign_ReadObjects() warning: object template <jm_dream_fog> has more than one entry for attribute <animated>, values 1.000000 and 1.000000
Campaign_ReadObjects() warning: object template <jm_building_crane> has more than one entry for attribute <standon>, values 1.000000 and 1.000000
Campaign_ReadObjects() warning: object template <dark_shaman> has more than one entry for attribute <prestige>, values 30.000000 and 50.000000
Campaign_MakeHeroIndex: Complex not set for tank_ger. Run datfiles.Campaign_SetMissingComplexAttribs()
Campaign_MakeHeroIndex: Complex not set for civilian_boy. Run datfiles.Campaign_SetMissingComplexAttribs()
Campaign_MakeHeroIndex: Complex not set for man_bot_caged. Run datfiles.Campaign_SetMissingComplexAttribs()
Campaign_MakeHeroIndex: Complex not set for xskelly_civ. Run datfiles.Campaign_SetMissingComplexAttribs()
Campaign_MakeHeroIndex: Complex not set for shop_owner. Run datfiles.Campaign_SetMissingComplexAttribs()
Campaign_MakeHeroIndex: Complex not set for civilian_suit. Run datfiles.Campaign_SetMissingComplexAttribs()
Campaign_MakeHeroIndex: Complex not set for cuban_male. Run datfiles.Campaign_SetMissingComplexAttribs()
Campaign_MakeHeroIndex: Complex not set for tank_africa. Run datfiles.Campaign_SetMissingComplexAttribs()
Campaign_MakeHeroIndex: Complex not set for civilian_rollerblades. Run datfiles.Campaign_SetMissingComplexAttribs()
Campaign_MakeHeroIndex: Complex not set for rival. Run datfiles.Campaign_SetMissingComplexAttribs()
Campaign_MakeHeroIndex: Complex not set for civilian_blind. Run datfiles.Campaign_SetMissingComplexAttribs()
Campaign_MakeHeroIndex: Complex not set for car_acc2. Run datfiles.Campaign_SetMissingComplexAttribs()
Campaign_MakeHeroIndex: Complex not set for car_acc1. Run datfiles.Campaign_SetMissingComplexAttribs()
Campaign_MakeHeroIndex: Complex not set for chopper. Run datfiles.Campaign_SetMissingComplexAttribs()
Campaign_MakeHeroIndex warning: <turret_firegun> likely missing entry in objects.dat; skipping.
Campaign_MakeHeroIndex: Complex not set for tank_ger_friendly. Run datfiles.Campaign_SetMissingComplexAttribs()

Or maybe you guys can guide as to what I should be looking for?

stumpy

I don't know if this is causing the crash, but the messages at the end of the script.log are because the FFX Control Centre doesn't brand certain special characters and objects (particularly civilians and tanks), and those need to be branded.

In the game, you can open a console and enter
import datfiles
datfiles.Campaign_SetMissingComplexAttribs()

to have them branded. (See the Game FAQ if you have trouble at the console.) Then restart the game and those messages should be gone. You only have to do that once for the mod, unless you add more civilian or tank characters.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

C4

Thank you Stumpy it did in fact do something. Because at least now we have an error message:

QuoteGetCharacterData: unable to determine which character has 'complex'=0.  Re-run FFX Control Centre
getBuiltinTransformers non-fatal error:
    Unable to check if civilian_female2 of template None has a law/order type transformation power.
  File "C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\temp\mission.py", line 33, in OnPostInit
    FFX_InitMission()
  File "C:\Program Files\Digital Jesters\Freedom Force Vs The 3rd Reich\.\Reformed\missions\scripts\ffx.py", line 258, in FFX_InitMission
    initialise(0)
  File "C:\Program Files\Digital Jesters\Freedom Force Vs The 3rd Reich\.\Reformed\missions\scripts\ffx.py", line 403, in initialise
    FFX_Transformers = getBuiltinTransformers()
  File "C:\Program Files\Digital Jesters\Freedom Force Vs The 3rd Reich\.\Reformed\missions\scripts\ffx.py", line 763, in getBuiltinTransformers
    if f == template[ : len(f) ]:
TypeError: unsliceable object

Edit: Okay no worries. after doing the dat files branding I just had to re run control centre and it works again.

And upgrading to FFX 3.3 has resolved my shapeshifter issues so thanks for that guys :)

wickerman

Rather than keep my other (unnecessary) thread bumped...

I have been playing with my issues regarding power swaps and discovered:

The power swaps for Blackbird (and others but this will be BB specific):

Work fine in the campaign.

Mostly work in the rumble room.  However:
           With the birdrope power swapped out to 'pull' it also causes her projectile birdarangs to pull as well - BUT only on Objects, not characters.  Characters behave just fine.

NONE of the power swaps work with the EZSCRIPT mini mods - including a short one I made myself.  The FFX attributes DO work, but none of BB's swaps take effect at all.  CUSTOM characters work fine.  ANY built in with swaps does not like the Mini Mods for some reason.  I tested Sea Urchin's static cage power in the mini mods, and it didn't work either.

The Wickerman - creator of the Metal Storm Mod -
[img]http://webzoom.freewebs.com/wickermanim/cw.jpg[/img]

stumpy

wickerman, I am not sure why BB's birdarangs would be pulling objects and not characters (when the power should have no swaps, assuming your FFX Control Centre settings are like mine).

The problem in the mini mods makes it sound as though those mini mods are not registering as Rumble Room sessions (not setting the FFX mission variable 'ffxSkirmish'). Due to a bug in the way the game generates characters in the RR (essentially it makes an imperfect internal copy of the character), we have to handle RR swaps for built-ins as if they were customs. You might want to double-check the swaps for customs; they should be working okay. If the mini mods aren't setting themselves up as RR sessions, then that will cause trouble for the built-in's swaps.

You can try the following fix. Open Missions\Scripts\m25minimod.py and search for ffx.FFX_InitMission(). Change that to ffx.FFX_InitSkirmish() and try a built-in's swap in the mini mod to see if it helps.

Of course, there may be a good reason the mini mods are set up as campaign mission sessions instead of RR sessions. M25 may have to weigh in on that...
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

wickerman

thanks stumpy, I'll give it a shot!

as far as the birdarangs - they do indeed have NO swaps set.  It's weird.  Like i said only happens to objects - not people.

M25

stumpy's right.  the line:
ffx.FFX_InitMission()  # start FFX

should be:

if campaign:
    ffx.FFX_InitMission()  # start FFX
else:
    ffx.FFX_InitSkirmish()

stumpy's always right.   ^_^

wickerman

Thank for your help guys - I appreciate it.  I'll try changing the code for the mini mods and see what happens.

Meanwhile, back at the bat-cave...

This isn't so much a problem I have (well not after fighting with it for 2 hours and figuring it out!) but it may help someone else who does what I did.

I found that if you use ezhero2 to send a hero file to dat (making the hero a builtin) you MUST change the name of either the hero file or the built in.  If you don't, FFX Control Center will screw up when you try to change the power swaps  and anytime you take the built in into the danger room, they will use the hero file version instead.  I have no idea why this is, but TRUST me - i was up until 2am learning this the hard way.  As soon as I deleted the hero file of the same name, my swaps worked and my hero was all happy like.

M25

The game itself gets confused when you have a built-in and a hero of the same name.  I believe it always tries to load the .hero version first.

wickerman

Quote from: M25 on February 12, 2009, 08:41:03 PM
The game itself gets confused when you have a built-in and a hero of the same name.  I believe it always tries to load the .hero version first.

Yeah - great!  Where the heck were you at 2am when i was banging my head off my desk?  Huh? Huh? HUH???!!!!

Thanks for NOTHING!!!!

:P

wickerman

Not so much a bug as 2 FFX related questions - I have enough in the way of pointless thread below so I'll keep this together...

1) Is it still necessary to use AIPeace() and AIWar() in cutscenes or can you simply use peace and war?  I ask because my script log identifies the Ai- versions as errors.

2) Taskmaster X has weight conversions in his conversion docs for hero files - are these necessary adjustments for builtins ina campaign or is the mass issue rumble room specific?

Thanks..  Sorry for all the questions - it's amazing how much you forget!

Previsionary

Quote from: wickerman on February 14, 2009, 04:37:19 PM
Not so much a bug as 2 FFX related questions - I have enough in the way of pointless thread below so I'll keep this together...

1) Is it still necessary to use AIPeace() and AIWar() in cutscenes or can you simply use peace and war?  I ask because my script log identifies the Ai- versions as errors.

You don't need to use those commands unless a character is using M25AI. When you do call it, you'll have to do it as so:

FF.AIWar() and FF.AIPeace()
Disappear when you least expe--

wickerman

AH forgot the ff. part.  BAsically everyone in the mod will be using m25AI. 

Since we are on the topic, does it matter what base AI I use for the villains who are using the AI?

stumpy

Quote from: wickerman on February 16, 2009, 02:45:22 AMSince we are on the topic, does it matter what base AI I use for the villains who are using the AI?

It shouldn't. I am pretty sure the scripted AI works by turning of the built-in AI, so it shouldn't matter which one you use.

It's important to use the right object class though (from the Templates tab), so that internal functions that determine good guys, bad guys, and internal team lists (for things like rally and hypnosis powers) work.

M25

Yes, you need the ff. in cutscenes.  Also remember to assign team numbers to everyone, including the player controlled characters.  When you call SetupCharacter(char) or SetupAI(char) it does the team for you, but you do need to call m25team.SetDefaultTeam(char) for each of the heroes.

The built-in AI doesn't matter, unless you are doing a hybrid AI, but you probably aren't.

wickerman

Okies, so let me see if I have this straight...

Somewhere in the mission script I need to call SetupAi for every char in the mission and call it again for anyone I spawn?

I also have to call m25team.SetDefaultTeam for every controlled char in the mission?

Is all of this documented anywhere?  I checked the ffx site and read what as there, but I didn't see this.

M25

Yes, that should do it. 

If it isn't on the site, it'll be added.

wickerman

Torch

This probably doesn't count as a 'bug', but I'm not sure where else to post my issue regarding FFX.

I have FFX installed for  :ffvstr: and I am using custom characters.  The meshes and skins work fine, as do the stock FX effects. But whenever I try to choose the added FX effects (such as eyebeams, etc) I don't see any effect, either in the preview window or in game.  I have run my characters through the Rumble Room mission mentioned in the initial post(s) of this thread.

:unsure:

yell0w_lantern

RISE!

Symbiote does not seem to work since the last FFX release. Absolutely nothing happens.
Yellow Lantern smash!

Previsionary

Quote from: yell0w_lantern on January 06, 2010, 08:21:35 PM
RISE!

Symbiote does not seem to work since the last FFX release. Absolutely nothing happens.

bumping this as Yellow Lantern is correct. It seems to run into an error involving absorption, iirc.
Disappear when you least expe--