Started by Xorn, May 10, 2007, 10:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Xorn

The villian and the man who plays him:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=5648

Its the good-old nemesis match up...  :thumbup:

catwhowalksbyhimself

I knew who the villian would be a LONG time ago.

That being said, it's a much better choice than "Absorbing Dad" and should have been what they did in the first place.  They could have even done a shared origin.

At any rate, they're fixing this now, so I can't complain too much.

lugaru

Im glad to hear that, at least the hulk is going to have something to swing at, which has helped spidey and Batman and hindered Superman (give the man a villain!).

BentonGrey

Jakew

It's funny how Hulk 1 had a great director and a kinda average cast (except for the dude who played Thunderbolt Ross).

Hulk 2 has possibly the best cast for a comic book movie so far (aside from Road To Perdition), but the director sucks ... its the guy who did Transporter 2, right?

lugaru

I wouldent be too harsh on Louis Leterrier... he also did Unleashed which is basically hulk as a Jet Li instead of Bruce Banner. Its the story of a sweet and innocent guy who becomes a raging mass of martial arts whenever his collar is removed. Through art and friendship he tries to domesticate the beast within, with cool results. Check it out!

Although...

I hope they dont scratch everything... Ang Lee told some powerful stories within the hulk and had some amazing visuals. I really wish they just did this as a sequel insted of some reboot, it is just pandering to people who cannot recognized good editing or story telling when they see it... absorbing dad aside (yuck).

catwhowalksbyhimself

Oh, I'm definitely not demanding a reboot.  Like with F4, I'm just hoping that they make a sequal that fixes the problems in the original.

BentonGrey

Lugaru, I know you liked that movie, and I know we've danced that whole dance before, so I'm not saying this in an attempt to open a debate as we can only agree to disagree, but I would have NO problems with them scratching everything Lee did.  I thought that movie was just plain awful, yeah, maybe there were some good ideas in there, but I felt that they were lost among the drivel, so I hope they have little or no reference to it.

lugaru

Totally Troll-y response on my part, disregard and continue... but check out unleashed though. Seriosly.

Uncle Yuan

I can't wait for the dialog in this movie.  :P

BentonGrey

(Lugaru, I didn't mean to offend you)

I like Jet Li films, I'll have to try and check that out.  I thought Transporter 2 wasn't terrible, solid action movie, but perhaps not a good fit for Hulk.  I hope that Unleashed will paint a more full picture.

Mr. Hamrick

Benton,
Unleashed was a much better movie than Transporter 2, in my opinion (sic) as well.

MJB

I heard somewhere (can't recall where) that the Hulk will actually be gray in the new movie. Anyone else hear this?

-MJB

The Pwime

yeah, i read that too, MJB.

BentonGrey

I heard that, then read an interview with Avi Arad, in which he said that was just a joke, and that 'ol green jeans will be....well....green.

lugaru

Joking or not I would not be suprised if they work it in at some point as fan service... either by a weird dose of radiation or just having a couple dozen buckets of gray paint land on him (that would be funny actually). Still Im sure they would avoid the "evil" angle after spidey 3.

herodad1

i'm a big hulk fan but in the hulk movie the only parts good were the parts with the hulk actually in  it.the rest of the movie was boring.oh yeah...betty ross was fine!

Xorn

I'm not sure how I feel about this possibility.... Read the article:

http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=5714

Is he any good at acting? Haven't seen him anywhere but as the Ol' green guy...

Uncle Yuan

Quote from: Xorn on May 21, 2007, 08:52:11 AM
I'm not sure how I feel about this possibility.... Read the article:

http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=5714

Is he any good at acting? Haven't seen him anywhere but as the Ol' green guy...

I don't know about actual acting, but he is essentially deaf and has a very odd speaking style as a result.  The few times I've seen him doing anything other than the Hulk this has really goten in the way of his acting.

BentonGrey

Well, he communicates quite well, despite being deaf.  He speaks very clearly, and if the character he plays is deaf, I see no problems at all.  Even if not, as long as it's not an intensive speaking role, I can't imagine it would be that big of an issue.

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: Xorn on May 21, 2007, 08:52:11 AMIs he any good at acting? Haven't seen him anywhere but as the Ol' green guy...

Actually, you *have* seen him in a part other than the Hulk.  He played a security guard (with Stan Lee!) in the first movie.

Unless, of course, someone tells me that was one of the deleted scenes that was included on the DVD. :doh:

thanoson

You guys forget the old Hercules movies from the 80's? Yeah, me too.

Xorn

More news on cast... Gen Ross is:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=1&id=41886&type=0

Another A-list actor in my book... It does seem they will be doing a complete reboot as far as the cast is concerned... I wonder if they will even mention any of the events that transpired in the Hulk movie...

catwhowalksbyhimself

QuoteUnless, of course, someone tells me that was one of the deleted scenes that was included on the DVD. doh

It was.

GogglesPizanno

I like William Hurt, and i think he will do fine in the roll, but Sam Elliot was one of the few things I think they got right in the first film. Im kinda sad hes not coming back -- though I do understand that as a "reboot" instead of a true sequel, things need to be changed.

Mowgli

catwhowalksbyhimself:  I'm pretty sure I saw the scene with Stan and Lou in the theater.

While a lot of us did not know that this was going to be the villain a LONG time ago, I think it's a great choice. I for one, am glad to hear it. The first film gave us some great Hulk action and the snubbed us in the end. The army scenes got the viewers going, and then the "climactic" battle was some "Absorbing man turns in Zzzaxxx the energy creature". What a let down.

Hulk and Abomination duking it out? I'm in.  :)

Jakew

Well, its a tie between this film and Iron Man for the best cast in comic film yet. I really liked Sam Elliot as Thunderbolt Ross, though ... he was the most well-cast actor in Ang's Hulk.

Figure Fan

Sounds good so far. Ed Norton is a wonderful choice for the lead role. He has done many different kinds of roles in his career, too.

As for best casting in a Marvel film, I still feel that the X-Men franchise had the best casting, hands down.

MJB

I think this is the right thread...

Found this on SuperHeroHype before it got pulled. Thought you guys might find it interesting.

Abomination Revealed...

[spoiler][/spoiler]

I'm sure there will be haters but I don't mind the changes much. Would prefer an actual photo instead of the back of an action figure but what is a guy to do?

-MJB

TheMarvell

what did the original look like? Cus this one looks pretty sweet.

|