• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Obscure Heroes

Started by Green Hornet, March 13, 2007, 07:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

GhostMachine

He has already been skinned - I want to say by Phantom Stranger, but it may have been someone else - but can anyone find an actual picture of the Purple Zombie? May be hard, because he only made one appearance.

Green Hornet

This is the only image I can find of the Purple Zombie  :rickbm

daglob

He's in one of Phantom Stranger's groups; I got him just the other night.

Green Hornet

More obscure heroes: Presto Kid, Red Hawk, Moonman, Blue Atom, The Messenger  :rickbm

daglob

That incarnation of The Moon Man has been done twice, once for a Taskmaster mesh with a skin by Shrike71. I got another one in a Timely 10 Pack, but I can't remember where from.

Outcast

I can't seem to remember the actual name of this old comic book hero i once read.

I'm not sure if it's Captain Atom or Captain (Something...). He had a green and white costume. I think his mask, gloves,boots and shorts were green and the rest of his body was a white spandex costume. :doh: Not sure, but i think he had a gun for a weapon too. :doh: .. :wacko:....

Just thought maybe you obscure hero fans would have some idea who this hero was.... :P

Green Hornet

the old Captain Marvel from the 60's had a green and white uniform  :rickbm

Captain Mar-Vell of the Kree Imperial Militia (created in 1967 by Stan Lee and Gene Colan in Marvel Super-Heroes #12) was sent to observe the planet Earth, which was of great interest to the Empire for its resources and strategic potential, due to its location midpoint between the Kree and Skrull Empires. Mar-Vell eventually wearied of his superiors' malign intent and allied himself with Earth as the Kree Empire branded him a traitor. From then on, Mar-Vell fought to protect Earth from all threats Captain Mar-Vell!

Outcast

OMG!  :o That's him!!! You found him. :cool:  Thanks Green Hornet.  :thumbup:

So his name was Captain Marvel.  :D   

Know of any link that has more information on him? Story backgrounds and powers/abilities?  ^_^

USAgent

The Timely 10-pack is here:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/elhonezff/

Moonman is the standard skin on the tm_basic_bootcuffs_cape mesh that is in that pack.

JKCarrier

Quote from: Outcast on November 21, 2007, 12:44:01 AM
So his name was Captain Marvel.  :D   

Know of any link that has more information on him? Story backgrounds and powers/abilities?  ^_^

That's Mar-Vell, the Kree Captain who is currently making a comeback at Marvel. He wore the white-and-green outfit before switching to the more familiar red-and-blue one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mar-Vell

Outcast

Quote from: JKCarrier on November 21, 2007, 07:29:52 AM
That's Mar-Vell, the Kree Captain who is currently making a comeback at Marvel. He wore the white-and-green outfit before switching to the more familiar red-and-blue one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mar-Vell

Hehe...Thanks for the link and info JK. Didn't know they were one and the same person. :doh:

Well, it's nice to know he is making a comeback. Hope he doesn't get the virus again. :(

yell0w_lantern

Quote from: Green Hornet on September 28, 2007, 10:35:24 AM
More obscure heroes The Owl, The Blitz (golden age) The Blitz (silver age) :rickbm

I finished the mesh for the Golden Age Blitz. Could someone skin him please?

electro

I did this version of Captain Marvel for Grenadiers Kree_Soilder mesh :blink:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ELECTR0FF/

Lionheart

Quote from: yell0w_lantern on November 25, 2007, 02:35:13 PM
More obscure heroes The Owl, The Blitz (golden age) The Blitz (silver age) :rickbm

Have you gotten any takers on this request yet?

Green Hornet

here are some very obscure heroes: Captain Everything, Nukla, Bananaman :rickbm

Captain Everything: who gains whatever powers are required

Nukla: has nuclear based powers, similar to those of Captain Atom. He can fire destructive beams from his hands, and phase his body into an immaterial state. He can use also quickly heal himself of injuries, though this tends to deplete his energy and leave him vulnerable to attack.

Bananaman: Eric was rocketed to Earth from the moon as a baby, and gained his powers because the crescent moon resembles a banana. He has a kryptonite-style weakness to mouldy bananas, and at one point even a Fortress of Solitude-style building at the North Pole, made out of a giant banana
If Bananaman needs extra power, bananas can be eaten for strength boosts, provided by his faithful pet crow; if he does not have enough strength to shatter an ice block, for example, after eating a banana, he will have enough. If he eats lots of bananas in one sitting, he quickly becomes obese in his transformation; if he eats bananas that are not full, he transforms with extra weight in the lower part of his body.

aj4life16

We NEED a Banana Man!!  :thumbup:

yell0w_lantern

Quote from: Lionheart on November 26, 2007, 07:41:49 PM
Quote from: yell0w_lantern on November 25, 2007, 02:35:13 PM

Have you gotten any takers on this request yet?
No, sir.

Lionheart

Quote from: yell0w_lantern on November 27, 2007, 03:02:43 PMNo, sir.

I'll give it a shot, if you like. Should I assume the pattern on the back would match the design on the front? I haven't found any reference pics yet that show The Blitz from behind.

Jakew

yell0w_lantern

Excellent. I'll send you a link to the file.

daglob

I beleive Copper Age did Nukla, but I am working on my own version for a Tom Versatile mesh. I have considerd making Captain Everything many times...

We do NEED Banaman.

Outcast

Quote from: electro on November 25, 2007, 04:24:14 PM
I did this version of Captain Marvel for Grenadiers Kree_Soilder mesh :blink:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ELECTR0FF/

Nice Captain Marvel skin. Could you send it to me to this email address? outcast19@gmail.com Where can i find that Grenadier mesh? :)
When did he look like that though? :huh:

GhostMachine

The cosmicy looking Captain Marvel by electro posted above is not Mar-Vel. Its his (now deceased) son Genis-Vel.

electro

Sent Both to your e-mail Outcast - The mesh has been Converted so i hope you have FF2 :blink:

Green Hornet

More obscure heroes: Ultiman, Falcon (another one), Swift Arrow  :rickbm

Ultiman received his powers after surviving a Project Gemini spacecraft incident. The cosmic radiation gave him "ultrapowers" (rather than superpowers), and so Ultiman set out to do good in the world.
Ultiman has flight, ultrastrength, ultraspeed and laser-vision

Falcon:  First Appearance: Human Torch Comics #2 (Timely Comics, Fall 1940)
Powers/Abilities: Good fighter. He is usually armed with a .45 automatic

Swift Arrow: Spark Publications
was one of the earliest archers on the comics scene, certainly an early inspiration for characters such as Marvel's Hawkeye and DC's Green Arrow.

USAgent

I have a old Falcon skin I can send ya (need your email again), the mesh it was hexxed on doesnt have a gun though.

yell0w_lantern

Is here: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/characterobscura/
Skin by Lionheart.

I believe Avalon did a couple versions of Ultiman for a long acpe hex of Ren's Superman.

Green Hornet

Excellent Blitz Yellow Lantern & Lionheart The obscure heroes are making a comeback.  :rickbm

Green Hornet

more obscure heroes and one of the most obscure Too Much Coffeeman, Lash Lightning, Lightning Girl, Hummingbird.  :rickbm

Too Much Coffeeman: Not much know other than he needs a lot of coffee which is his strength or weakness

Lashlightning:
Powers/Abilities: Able to fly. Able to generate electricty and "lightning heat".
Some level of invulnerability (he is able to contain a grenade detonation in his
hand without apparent injury). Superhuman strength (strong enough to throw a
plane). Can move at superhuman speeds. Able to keep track of his fellow hero,
Lightning Girl, through their shared "lightning impulses". Can recharge himself
by absorbing electricity.

Lightning Girl:
Powers/Abilities: Able to fly. Able to generate electricty and "lightning heat".
Some level of invulnerability. Superhuman strength. Can move at superhuman
speeds. Able to keep track of her fellow hero, Lash Lightning, through their
shared "lightning impulses". Can recharge herself by absorbing electricity.

Hummingbird:
Powers/Abilities: Permanently shrunk to 6" tall, but can shrink smaller by using
the bands on his uniform. His helmet allows him to communicate telepathically
with some species of bird. Able to fly. Later learned how to grow, and took on
the identity of the Red Roc.

daglob

Someone has done Lash Lightning; either Vigilante or Copper Age. Of course, that may be one of the links on Vigilante's page that isn't working or I may be mistaken. Still, how can you mistake a costme like that?

|