• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Obscure Heroes

Started by Green Hornet, March 13, 2007, 07:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Green Hornet

Obscure Heroines Moon girl, Thunder girl, Judo girl, and Huntress from Birds of Prey  :rickbm

Green Hornet

"SUPERPOWERS"  The return of some obscure heroes and villains  :rickbm                 

"The project, described by Dynamite Publisher Nick Barrucci as "being in development for the last three years," is scheduled for release at the end of 2007 and marks the return of a host of classic Golden Age heroes and villains, all under the creative and artistic direction of Ross and writer Jim Krueger. Many of the featured characters have not been seen in many years, lost to time and obscurity. They have all have been drawn, designed and/or re-imagined by Alex Ross, including Fighting Yank, Green Lama, The Death Defying 'Devil, the Black Terror, Masquerade, The Flame, Mister Face, Samson, The Scarab, The Owl, the Claw, Pyroman, the Arrow, the American Spirit, the Crusaders, the F-Troop and more."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=11188

http://dynamiteentertainment.com/htmlfiles/p-C108653.html

Green Hornet

More obscure heroes Flexo, Stuntman, Wonderman  :rickbm

yell0w_lantern

I think I may put the Big Bang characters on my meshing list...

apfarmakis

I must be colour blind (and have no sense of taste whatsoever) but I think that Wonderman costume is really cool!

kssaints

Well he still needs some detailing. But here is Wonderman GA. I'll probably release him to character obscura sometime next week.

yell0w_lantern

Nice. I really enjoy your style, KS. Good strong colors.

daglob

Wonder man DOES look good.

But somehow... doesn't it remind you of the Simon Williams Wonder Man costume?

apfarmakis

Quote from: daglob on October 28, 2007, 09:33:23 PM
Wonder man DOES look good.

But somehow... doesn't it remind you of the Simon Williams Wonder Man costume?

The costume he wore immediately after encountering Black Talon and regaining his personality (based on the classic red and green but with yellow added to the mix). I've always liked that costume. It was iconic and definitely golden-age inspired. Too bad he wore it for a few Avengers issues and then went into the horrible Frank Buck, bring 'em back alive, safari outfit.

Green Hornet

Obscure heroes from Earth 17 Sunshine Superman, Speed Freak, Magic Lantern, Bat-wings, Wonder Woman  :rickbm

yell0w_lantern

Starting Big Bang character meshes... can't skin to save life...

Lionheart

A bunch of the "Superpowers" characters are on Alex's Freedom Fortress website.

daglob

For all you obscure hero fans: the Charlton-1 Yahoo group has some stories in their files section, including the origin of The Shape.

Edit 11/7/07: Some days it seems like you just can't splle

kssaints

Well here is a quick look at Twister. Who will be released later this month along with Wonderman and several other projects I'm working on.

Green Hornet

:charonwow  that is an excellent Twister Kssaints Looking forward to downloading it.   :rickbm

Green Hornet

More obscure heroes: Strongman, The Visitor, Beeman, Finn   :rickbm

kssaints

Hey there GH,
The Visitor is o my list to do. As a matter of fact I am working on almost all the Valient characters.

kssaints

Well if anyone was still interetsed in the Arrow. I have finally finished him. I'll let you know when he's uploaded. I got on a big archer kick today and finished him and a bunch of Green Arrow related stuff.

Green Hornet

:kingbethumbup excellent Arrow Kssaints! very nice  :rickbm

danhagen

Yes. I've long wanted to see the Arrow. Great job.

HumanTon

Nice Arrow, and I'm really looking forward to the Twister!

kssaints

Arrow has been uploaded to my 10th Yahoo group and he has some friends as well.

daglob

Looking through some of The Phantom Stranger's stuff in his Yahoo Groups; there are a lot of obscure characters there. I know I've looked through them before, but there seems to be a lot I missed.

It's well worth checking out.

I'm working on Spyman, Bee-Man, Magicmaster, The Glowing Gladiator, Miracles Inc., Earthman, and I've thought about doing The Man in Black Called Fate. I need either left handed keyframes for Spyman, or a better mesh with left-handed keyframes. The visor could be smaller, and he needs a holster and pistol. I can't find a cap visor on either Tom Versatile or Taskmaster. I have a copy of a Steranko drawing where it looks like his uniform was SUPPOSED to be red, white, and blue...

Someone else has done Jack Quick Frost-two versions of him. I have switched the one for Male Guns over to the Phantom DX mesh, and played with the reflections file to make him look frosty (I wish it had a bouple of particle emmiters, so as to make it snow around him). I think the other one goes on the Heatwave mesh, and I've never seen it. There is also a Priannah skin out there.

Tigerboy would probably need a mesh for his human-faced tiger form, but since he is a shapeshifter...

Bee-Man needs bee wings, and I sure wish there was a giant bee mesh.

I've also been thinking about Strongman since I downloaded a comic with him in it. Along with Major (Captain Future) Mercury, The Mask (AKA The Black Bat), The Masked Avenger (Justice Inc.'s Avenger), and The Raven (AKA Moon Man), Codename: Werewolf (easiest skin I ever did), the male Black Fury, the Golden Age Banshee...

doctorchallenger

Quote from: daglob on November 13, 2007, 12:40:45 PM
Looking through some of The Phantom Stranger's stuff in his Yahoo Groups; there are a lot of obscure characters there. I know I've looked through them before, but there seems to be a lot I missed.

It's well worth checking out.

I'm working on Spyman, Bee-Man, Magicmaster, The Glowing Gladiator, Miracles Inc., Earthman, and I've thought about doing The Man in Black Called Fate. I need either left handed keyframes for Spyman, or a better mesh with left-handed keyframes. The visor could be smaller, and he needs a holster and pistol. I can't find a cap visor on either Tom Versatile or Taskmaster. I have a copy of a Steranko drawing where it looks like his uniform was SUPPOSED to be red, white, and blue...

Someone else has done Jack Quick Frost-two versions of him. I have switched the one for Male Guns over to the Phantom DX mesh, and played with the reflections file to make him look frosty (I wish it had a bouple of particle emmiters, so as to make it snow around him). I think the other one goes on the Heatwave mesh, and I've never seen it. There is also a Priannah skin out there.

Tigerboy would probably need a mesh for his human-faced tiger form, but since he is a shapeshifter...

Bee-Man needs bee wings, and I sure wish there was a giant bee mesh.

I've also been thinking about Strongman since I downloaded a comic with him in it. Along with Major (Captain Future) Mercury, The Mask (AKA The Black Bat), The Masked Avenger (Justice Inc.'s Avenger), and The Raven (AKA Moon Man), Codename: Werewolf (easiest skin I ever did), the male Black Fury, the Golden Age Banshee...

The Jack Quick Frost and Pirhana are very early skins by me, which I have since removed.  The male_belt version was intended for Phantom DX mesh, though I may have included guns for the male_belt_guns mesh, I can't recall.  The male_basic version is for a hex of Texas Jack's Male_shoulderholsters (no pants, one gun/holster). 

daglob

The early work was good work Doc.

Green Hornet

More obscure heroes Man of War, Stars and Stripes, Captain Courageous, Vulcan  :rickbm

johncostantine78

Quote from: Green Hornet on November 09, 2007, 08:08:22 AM
More obscure heroes: Strongman, The Visitor, Beeman, Finn   :rickbm

There is a Strongman skin made by Death Jester, if I remember well...

HumanTon

There's a Captain Couragious skin by Toxic J for Fusion's Evil Star mesh.

|